Page 217 of 218 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3258

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

  1. #3241
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    we agree then
    Just weird that they could do it just fine last year but all of a sudden it’s an issue this year, but sure. I’d still take Letestu and RNH off the PK before I took them off the PP.

  2. #3242
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Can you really say that confidently this year? The point was tho, that we have all these guys that play both PP and PK, and both units stink.

    Of course Letestu isnt the main problem on the PP, the lack of an offensive dman is, but my suggestion was based around improving the PK, and the idea that maybe just maybe, the PK is struggling partially cause its full of guys who also play on every PP. Not seeing that extra energy and willingness to block every shot and hustle to cover a passing lane out of our PK.
    That is an interesting question and it would be interesting if someone made some proper research into this topic. Some players and coaches seem to think that it's better to have elite players on the PK so that they don't get cold sitting on the bench. For example, the Jets are regularly using Wheeler and Scheifele on the PK. Is that good or bad for their offense? Is that good or bad for their PK? Those would be interesting questions to look into, and of course the research would need to include much more than just one team.

    But as said, it's an interesting topic but I don't know if there are any right or wrong answers right now. Or maybe there are but we just don't know what's right and what's wrong.
    GDHL - 20 teams, H2H Salary Cap Dynasty @ Fantrax
    23 pro, 33 ML players / G,A,Pts,STP,Tk,Hits,Blk,TOI-SH, W,Sv,SV%,GAA

    WHL - 24 teams, H2H points Salary Cap Keeper @ Fantrax
    25 pro, 10 ML players / G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

    VHL - 20 teams, H2H Salary Cap Dynasty @ Fantrax
    22 pro, 30 ML players / G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,Hit,Blk,PIM,FO%, W,Sv,SV%,GAA,SHO

    https://twitter.com/JokkeNevalainen

  3. #3243
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That is an interesting question and it would be interesting if someone made some proper research into this topic. Some players and coaches seem to think that it's better to have elite players on the PK so that they don't get cold sitting on the bench. For example, the Jets are regularly using Wheeler and Scheifele on the PK. Is that good or bad for their offense? Is that good or bad for their PK? Those would be interesting questions to look into, and of course the research would need to include much more than just one team.

    But as said, it's an interesting topic but I don't know if there are any right or wrong answers right now. Or maybe there are but we just don't know what's right and what's wrong.
    I know in Jr's (I can speak from watching the Q) that it's common practice to play the star players on the PK.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Konecny, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, OEL, Vrana, NSchmaltz

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  4. #3244
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I know in Jr's (I can speak from watching the Q) that it's common practice to play the star players on the PK.
    That's correct, and I'm sure that's great for their development as it improves their defensive awareness at a young age. But I also think star forwards often play 25+ minutes per game in junior, and that's not very realistic in the NHL.
    GDHL - 20 teams, H2H Salary Cap Dynasty @ Fantrax
    23 pro, 33 ML players / G,A,Pts,STP,Tk,Hits,Blk,TOI-SH, W,Sv,SV%,GAA

    WHL - 24 teams, H2H points Salary Cap Keeper @ Fantrax
    25 pro, 10 ML players / G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

    VHL - 20 teams, H2H Salary Cap Dynasty @ Fantrax
    22 pro, 30 ML players / G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,Hit,Blk,PIM,FO%, W,Sv,SV%,GAA,SHO

    https://twitter.com/JokkeNevalainen

  5. #3245
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's correct, and I'm sure that's great for their development as it improves their defensive awareness at a young age. But I also think star forwards often play 25+ minutes per game in junior, and that's not very realistic in the NHL.
    True enough.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's correct, and I'm sure that's great for their development as it improves their defensive awareness at a young age. But I also think star forwards often play 25+ minutes per game in junior, and that's not very realistic in the NHL.
    True enough.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's correct, and I'm sure that's great for their development as it improves their defensive awareness at a young age. But I also think star forwards often play 25+ minutes per game in junior, and that's not very realistic in the NHL.
    True enough.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Konecny, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, OEL, Vrana, NSchmaltz

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  6. #3246
    donions's Avatar
    donions is online now
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,074
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just weird that they could do it just fine last year but all of a sudden it’s an issue this year, but sure. I’d still take Letestu and RNH off the PK before I took them off the PP.
    And Brent Burns had 29 goals last year, this year he has 0. Things change.
    All I said was maybe its an issue.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

  7. #3247
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Maybe they should stop playing Burns on the PP

  8. #3248
    donions's Avatar
    donions is online now
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,074
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Yes, Burns and Letestu are very similar players and situations...you know what you did there..

    No bringing up that Letestu PP goal tonight, WHL goalies dont count.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

  9. #3249
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Why hello Oiler fans.

    Tough year for us all right now. Been pretty happy with Lucic and not so worried about his contract right now, and Nugent-Hopkins is having a solid year. McDavid is chugguing along again and now that he's past the bubonic plague I expect he'll turn up the pace even more.

    Depth is killing the Oilers, along with Talbot having an off year and defense really struggling. I certainly never saw Klefbom/Larsson struggling like this based on last season's play.

    Guess they will be missing the playoffs barring some insane run before the New Year. Don't see the confidence in the team right now to see that happening though.

    Good to see the usual folks hammering on about things exactly the same way they always do. Never change guys...haha!

  10. #3250
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    44

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Why hello Oiler fans.

    Tough year for us all right now. Been pretty happy with Lucic and not so worried about his contract right now, and Nugent-Hopkins is having a solid year. McDavid is chugguing along again and now that he's past the bubonic plague I expect he'll turn up the pace even more.

    Depth is killing the Oilers, along with Talbot having an off year and defense really struggling. I certainly never saw Klefbom/Larsson struggling like this based on last season's play.

    Guess they will be missing the playoffs barring some insane run before the New Year. Don't see the confidence in the team right now to see that happening though.

    Good to see the usual folks hammering on about things exactly the same way they always do. Never change guys...haha!
    In another thread, I confidently stated they will make the playoffs, and I stand by that. Not that I want them to... I certainly do not since the Flames are my #2 team.
    "If they do not win at least 3 of the next 4 (against very beatable opponents, starting with Detroit), I'll change my tune."

    This team, a few managerial mistakes notwithstanding, is a playoff team.
    McDavid will find a way to get them there. Getting Sekera back will help tremendously. And, perhaps most importantly, Talbot will return to competent #1 goalie form.

  11. #3251
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    In another thread, I confidently stated they will make the playoffs, and I stand by that. Not that I want them to... I certainly do not since the Flames are my #2 team.
    "If they do not win at least 3 of the next 4 (against very beatable opponents, starting with Detroit), I'll change my tune."

    This team, a few managerial mistakes notwithstanding, is a playoff team.
    McDavid will find a way to get them there. Getting Sekera back will help tremendously. And, perhaps most importantly, Talbot will return to competent #1 goalie form.
    I'm not as confident as you, but we'll see. Early game goals are a confidence killer for teams and they would need to avoid those and get on a big roll. I am not a fan of some of Chiarelli's individual moves, but think some of his moves that get slagged (like the Lucic signing) are nowhere near as bad as some would want to believe either.

    I've always said that the proof is wins though, and currently the team isn't getting the job done, and so that falls on the GM (among others), particularly when the team is one of the lower payroll teams in the league this season. Cap space is only useful if you're going to use it - makes the Eberle move sort of strange.

  12. #3252
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Been pretty happy with Lucic and not so worried about his contract right now
    Really? No. Come on. Really? Wow. No. I mean really?


  13. #3253
    donions's Avatar
    donions is online now
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,074
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Really? No. Come on. Really? Wow. No. I mean really?

    Lucic debate round 7 with rataylor incoming.

    He's on his usual 50pt pace with better 5v5 production this year. Right now he's a touch overpaid for what he brings, but not drastic.

    No Lucic contract hater on this forum has ever acknowledged my point that we have a trump card with Lucic, he's a clinically diagnosed hunchback, if/when his play falls off a cliff he gets Lupul'd or Horton'd and put on the LTIR. I know hockey people who didnt think Lucic would make it to 30 in the NHL with his back issue, but he's still chugging along.

    All that said, I have serious doubts whether Chiarelli goes after Lucic at all had he known what he had in Pat Maroon, but thats hindsight.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

  14. #3254
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Hey. It's great news for me if people still laughably think that's a good contract lol.

  15. #3255
    donions's Avatar
    donions is online now
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,074
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

    Like I said, the LTIR option doesn't get acknowledged.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Page 217 of 218 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •