Page 83 of 370 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

If the season were a full one last year the Oilers were likely a lottery team again- they were getting worse with every passing game. I agree, luck IS a factor, so predicting things is never going to be an exact science. However, trying to sift out the luck and boil it down to actual performance is not a bad thing.

Would be interesting to see how his stats actually hold up under a thorough examination of past seasons though before too much stock can be given to it.

I think that expectations need to be low for the Oilers until they show otherwise though.

Dobber Sports Wizard

At best, they pull a TML 2012-13 this year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dobber has one weird projection for Oilers D-men.

82 games x 6 D = 492 player games.

He's got 10 D set out to play a total of 636 games. What?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

New strategy.

3 lines and 8 d!

Dobber Sports Monster

Edmonton Oilers have placed (F) Toni Rajala on unconditional waivers #NHL

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Edmonton Oilers have placed (F) Toni Rajala on unconditional waivers #NHL
    Huh?? WTF is up with that?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pretty clear sign that he's going to Europe to play. My guess is that he'll never come back.

Dobber Sports Deity

How does one go from being a highly touted prospect in the AHL to being outright released? What the hell is MacT doing watching valuable assets leave the franchise for Europe/KHL???

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    How does one go from being a highly touted prospect in the AHL to being outright released? What the hell is MacT doing watching valuable assets leave the franchise for Europe/KHL???
    He's not interested in the AHL any longer is my guess, and I wouldn't be surprised if he just wants to go back and play closer to home for the rest of his career. Guy was a longshot to ever make the NHL anyways. Would have liked to see him retained as an Oiler, but I can only assume that Rajala's efforts to make the NHL are pretty much over now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    He's not interested in the AHL any longer is my guess, and I wouldn't be surprised if he just wants to go back and play closer to home for the rest of his career. Guy was a longshot to ever make the NHL anyways. Would have liked to see him retained as an Oiler, but I can only assume that Rajala's efforts to make the NHL are pretty much over now.
    This is starting to sound familiar.....

Maybe he could have flipped him for another asset with another team, instead of simply releasing him outright.

To me this is just plain stupid and piss poor management of assets.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah this makes no sense. Even if he wants to go back to Europe, why would they put him on waivers instead of retaining his rights?
    If they're "helping him out" so he can try to crack a roster somewhere with less forward depth, as said in previous posts - why not trade him rather than give him away?

Puzzling.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ninja

I agree, it seems odd. I can only guess that he's completely done with any NHL ideas and is going to go home for good. I don't see the Oilers simply giving the guy away if there was a chance he'd come back (in their eyes).

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...57564974215169

The Oilers had few scoring forwards in their system. Rajala was one of them. Will be interested to hear the rationale.

Administrator

My guess is that this has something to do with the contract limit and the Oilers not wanting to waste a contract on a player who won't even be available for a call-up this season. They loaned Hartikainen to Europe because he was already a free agent so his contract doesn't tie them up I don't think but Rajala wants to go home as well and he is under contract so even if they loaned him he would still count towards their 50. Better to find a replacement than to waste the contract.

And let's be fair, Rajala isn't really that good. He put up some nice stats in the AHL last season but we know there are certain guys capable of tearing up the A and just can't hack it a step up. I think this is just a case of people jumping on a chance to get upset because they want to be negative. This is really much ado about nothing.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

He will get signed by Montreal. They seem to like small, skilled forwards!