Page 209 of 370 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Wow. What a huge win for a young team, coming off a blow-out loss. They came out buzzing in the 1st and I felt great, even at 2-1 I felt ok. When the game went 3-1 Sharks I figured they might pack it in.

Huge comeback, bolstered by a big hit from McDavid.
    The OT domination was just unbelievable, the Oilers had multiple quality scoring chances and the Sharks didn't have a shot from inside the blue line. Hopefully the Oilers can close this one out on Saturday.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Wow. What a huge win for a young team, coming off a blow-out loss. They came out buzzing in the 1st and I felt great, even at 2-1 I felt ok. When the game went 3-1 Sharks I figured they might pack it in.

Huge comeback, bolstered by a big hit from McDavid.
    The OT domination was just unbelievable, the Oilers had multiple quality scoring chances and the Sharks didn't have a shot from inside the blue line. Hopefully the Oilers can close this one out on Saturday.
    I actually thought the game was done when it was 3-2 Sharks and the Oilers looked like they were struggling to really create much. This young team keeps surprising me.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I actually thought the game was done when it was 3-2 Sharks and the Oilers looked like they were struggling to really create much. This young team keeps surprising me.
    You are forgiven to be wary
    I felt nervous too...
    I wasn't at the game but through the TV you could tell the live crowd felt tentative about anything good happening until Klefbom tied it up. Oiler fans still aren't used to watching a competitive team that can actually produce results when the pressure is on. Oiler's have played excellent hockey since March and the 7-0 loss was an aberration. Wait until McDavid decides to 'break-out'.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Pretty great road game for the Oilers on Saturday. The Sharks had no big opening push like they normally do.
    Then 2 quick goals and the Oilers are happy to play a safe game the rest of the way. The Sharks had no pushback except for the very end...

While I'm super excited about the Second Round I cannot believe the NHL passed on 2 chances to have the Oilers (and McDavid) play Saturday night.
    Why not play Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday or Thursday/Saturday and have an 8pm game- gives HNIC its traditional double header?
    Then the 2nd week, Games 5 and 6 (if necessary) are Friday/Sunday. No 8pm game on that Saturday either.

McDavid is becoming the face of the league, Saturday games are always peak market, it's not even the 1st round where they have another series to put in that timeslot. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Anyways, let's Go Oilers.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Could be due to building availability or some random thing. No idea.

All I know is that there's a good chance I won't watch the end of the late games early on in the series. Too late for me to watch. If it's Game 5 and later then I'll try and suck it up but less than 6 hours sleep kills me these days.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Could be due to building availability or some random thing. No idea.

All I know is that there's a good chance I won't watch the end of the late games early on in the series. Too late for me to watch. If it's Game 5 and later then I'll try and suck it up but less than 6 hours sleep kills me these days.
    Yeah... West Coast games SUUUUUUCK due to late starts.

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobber Sports Prodigy

http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm hoping that Kailer Yamamoto turns out to be Johnny Hockey-lite! Love that the Oilers rolled the dice on an under-sized player. Hoping he can make the cut in a couple of years.

Not sure if I want the Oilers to delve into the FA market this weekend. We obviously need another top four D, but overpaying in both salary and term is something that has to be avoided in this salary cap world. Gotta trust Chiarelli to do his job and hope for the best.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm hoping that Kailer Yamamoto turns out to be Johnny Hockey-lite! Love that the Oilers rolled the dice on an under-sized player. Hoping he can make the cut in a couple of years.

Not sure if I want the Oilers to delve into the FA market this weekend. We obviously need another top four D, but overpaying in both salary and term is something that has to be avoided in this salary cap world. Gotta trust Chiarelli to do his job and hope for the best.
    Lots of people not in Edmonton would love the Oilers to sign Alzner or Stone too much for too long pretending like they are a 4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lots of people not in Edmonton would love the Oilers to sign Alzner or Stone too much for too long pretending like they are a 4
    Not likely with the McDavid/Draisaitl contract extension discussions. That's some serious cash being thrown around which will limit how many top players Edmonton can sign.

I've hated the salary cap since it came in. It has essentially killed potential dynasties - yes, it has made teams competitive, but at the expense of teams of old like the Oilers and Islanders. I guess everyone hated those teams except those fan bases, so maybe I'm the one that needs to change my thinking on this...lol!

Dobber Sports Genius

Oilers place Benoit Pouliot on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.

I don't know much about the Oil, but seems odd considering they could be in trouble with cap space soon.

Oil fans...help me out here...
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Oilers place Benoit Pouliot on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.

I don't know much about the Oil, but seems odd considering they could be in trouble with cap space soon.

Oil fans...help me out here...
    1.33 mil for 4 years... probably not a really big deal.

Dobber Sports Genius

We will see.

I also hope to see an offer-sheet for Draisaitl.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala