Page 179 of 370 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I wonder who Mclellan is calling out when he said something like they didn't get enough out of some key guys. Think he's referring to all of the top forwards? Hall has gone pretty cold...I think only 1 assist over their last 5 or so.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I wonder who Mclellan is calling out when he said something like they didn't get enough out of some key guys. Think he's referring to all of the top forwards? Hall has gone pretty cold...I think only 1 assist over their last 5 or so.
    From what I saw, I'd say all of them. Draisaitl had a moment or two where he looked engaged but for the most part, the guys you want to see step up simply didn't do it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    From what I saw, I'd say all of them. Draisaitl had a moment or two where he looked engaged but for the most part, the guys you want to see step up simply didn't do it.
    That's too bad. I noticed something odd, but I don't know if it's maybe just a result of timing of shifts and whatnot, but is Edmonton's #1 PP Unit the one that has RNH and Letestu? I only saw snippets of Saturday and Mondays games and it looked like whenever there was an Oil PP that was the unit that went out first. Have they run the PP yet this year with Hall-RNH-Eberle?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agreed...they're key forwards are Hall, RNH, Eberle, Draisaitl and Pouliot. They all looked dreadful last night, but Hall and Draisaitl both should decent effort. Then look at their D. Sloppy Sloppy play in their end and even in front of their net with give away after Giveaway. Surprised it wasn't a 6-0 loss.

I like what I see from Hall and Leo and Klefbom/Nurse most nights... but the rest of the team has been a joke (short of their Pens victory).

JUST MAKE SOME KEY MOVES OILER'S BRASS. YOUR FAN BASE HAS WAITED LONG ENOUGH!

Dobber Sports Deity

I keep reading everyone talking about Eberle being the guy who should be moved but the more I watch the Oilers, and the more I look at their roster make-up, I wonder if RNH isn't the guy they should be considering. I don't like the idea of it but if there's one thing the Oilers have right now, it'd depth down the middle (which is scary because just a year ago they were scrambling to find help down the middle). Right now, they have RNH, Draisaitl, Letestu and Lander as their four centers but it's just a matter of time before McDavid comes back, probably pushing Draisailt back to the wing. They also have some young ones coming up down in Bakersfield like Yakimov and even young Andrew Miller.

Maybe RNH is the kid they should be looking at moving to some place like Nashville, who is crying for a skilled, scoring center and have defensive riches coming out of their arse.

I am just spitballing and it's not like I like the idea of moving out someone like RNH, who is still scratching the surface on his skillset but at some point, the Oilers are going to have to move a forward for defensive help. Center seems to be their strong point right now. It almost makes sense.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Like most of the Oilers forwards last night, he didn't stand out and only had the odd glimmer of hope. Pretty much invisible most of the night.
    Thanks. Is that pretty much the case most nights?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks. Is that pretty much the case most nights?
    With Eberle, he just hasn't had much luck. He is engaged most nights but isn't getting the bounces; a bit of poor puck-luck I guess.

The Great One

I've been a HUGE Eberle supporter, but this year he just looks lost and doesn't know his role on this team. He needs to go. Draisaitl's emergence as a legit top 6 forward means the Oilers can afford to trade Eberle.

It has been such a frustrating season so far. They have showed so much promise at times, playing hard fought battles against tough teams like LA, Chicago, Montreal, ultimately losing by one goal (often in overtime). They've come back from 2 or 3 goal deficits.

For most of the year, Hall and Draisaitl have been terrific. RNH has looked decent at times. Klefbom, Nurse, and Sekera have been pretty good. Yakupov was very good when McDavid was playing with him, so I assume that will continue once they both return to the line up.

Goal-tending is still a big issue. I don't know the answer, and they still need two solid NHL-caliber defenders.

They really should trade Eberle, maybe a goalie (if any have value) and a defender or two.

The top six will be fine without Eberle.

Hall - RNH - Pouliot
    Yakupov - McDavid - Draisaitl

The defense with another addition has potential:

Klefbom - Hamonic??
    Nurse - Sekera
    Fayne - ???
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Huh. Funny to hear Eberle is playing shitty this year.

Color me just SHOCKED.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Huh. Funny to hear Eberle is playing shitty this year.

Color me just SHOCKED.

You pop into the Oilers thread to shit on the Oilers.

Color me shocked.

You pop into the Oilers thread to shit on the Oilers.

Color me shocked.
    With this team, it's just so easy. Always. It's an open forum, deal with it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    With this team, it's just so easy. Always. It's an open forum, deal with it.
    I already do. Doesn't mean I cant call you out when you do it. It is an open forum afterall.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I keep reading everyone talking about Eberle being the guy who should be moved but the more I watch the Oilers, and the more I look at their roster make-up, I wonder if RNH isn't the guy they should be considering. I don't like the idea of it but if there's one thing the Oilers have right now, it'd depth down the middle (which is scary because just a year ago they were scrambling to find help down the middle). Right now, they have RNH, Draisaitl, Letestu and Lander as their four centers but it's just a matter of time before McDavid comes back, probably pushing Draisailt back to the wing. They also have some young ones coming up down in Bakersfield like Yakimov and even young Andrew Miller.

Maybe RNH is the kid they should be looking at moving to some place like Nashville, who is crying for a skilled, scoring center and have defensive riches coming out of their arse.

I am just spitballing and it's not like I like the idea of moving out someone like RNH, who is still scratching the surface on his skillset but at some point, the Oilers are going to have to move a forward for defensive help. Center seems to be their strong point right now. It almost makes sense.
    I agree with the idea although it's super, way-too soon to be discussing RNH (which you acknowledge). IMO when building an NHL forward roster you put your Centres in place first and worry about wingers afterwards.

I think by the end of the season we should have good sense of who are C1 and C2 are going to be. McDavid is C1 shortly which leaves Leon and RNH to battle for C2, Leon has been outstanding for 20 games but the Oilers need to see he can play C2 for an entire season at least. At that point the question becomes is it worth it to have RNH as a shutdown focused C3 who contributes offense and jumps up onto the powerplay, when injuries occur and to shake-up the lines, this also gives the coach the option to have a 3-line balanced attack. Or, do you move RNH for a better D-man.

Like I said way to early to be discussing moving RNH, but if Leon can finish the season on even a 65 point pace at C2 that could start the discussion of moving RNH.

Next question: Where can he go? an Oilers-Predators trade has been discussed dozens of times considering their stock of D-men and the Oilers stock of Forwards RNH for Josi or Jones would be a big deal, probably one that requires the offseason to get done.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Next question: Where can he go? an Oilers-Predators trade has been discussed dozens of times considering their stock of D-men and the Oilers stock of Forwards RNH for Josi or Jones would be a big deal, probably one that requires the offseason to get done.
    josi won't happen, he's probably untouchable given his contract. i think the preds would rather trade weber than him.

rnh/jones swap is the one that makes the most sense for both teams but the oilers cant make that trade now with mcdavid out and draisaitl still pretty unproven.

which is why i think you're right regarding the offseason. let the year play out, see if draisaitl can handle the load (and mcdavid as the #1C), then make some blockbuster deals in the offseason).

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    josi won't happen, he's probably untouchable given his contract. i think the preds would rather trade weber than him.

rnh/jones swap is the one that makes the most sense for both teams but the oilers cant make that trade now with mcdavid out and draisaitl still pretty unproven.

which is why i think you're right regarding the offseason. let the year play out, see if draisaitl can handle the load (and mcdavid as the #1C), then make some blockbuster deals in the offseason).
    I bet the Preds would be more willing to trade Weber than either Jones or Josi. 30 years old, expensive, probably on the back end of his career (though still incredible). I bet they can get Jones on a cheaper deal then they have Weber, and they are a defenseman factory. And can probably get more in trade for Weber than Jones. Just my thought though, who knows.