Page 71 of 370 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow..just watching the highlights from last night's game against the Hawks and that second goal that they scored was a beautiful play. Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov looked pretty good on that one together, and a good job by Potter to keep it in the zone.

Dobber Sports Padawan

...Do I smell playoffs?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    ...Do I smell playoffs?
    If you do, you can thank it all to Mike Brown

In all seriousness, this is one reason why I think people need to stop beating the dead horse that is Horcoff. Yes, his contract was a horrible one, but I think it's more than just coincidence that when he's in the lineup this year they're 7-2-2, and they're 3-0-1 since his return (not to mention if Petry hadn't potted that game tying goal into his own net they'd be 4-0).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    If you do, you can thank it all to Mike Brown

In all seriousness, this is one reason why I think people need to stop beating the dead horse that is Horcoff. Yes, his contract was a horrible one, but I think it's more than just coincidence that when he's in the lineup this year they're 7-2-2, and they're 3-0-1 since his return (not to mention if Petry hadn't potted that game tying goal into his own net they'd be 4-0).
    Horcoff's going nowhere. That contract is borderline un-tradeable and even though he's past his prime in terms of being a capable third line center you still can't just be giving assets like him away for free. He is still their best (only?) faceoff guy and is also their captain. He sucks relative to the way the Oilers want to use him because injuries have really taken their toll on him but he still has something to offer.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Horcoff's going nowhere. That contract is borderline un-tradeable and even though he's past his prime in terms of being a capable third line center you still can't just be giving assets like him away for free. He is still their best (only?) faceoff guy and is also their captain. He sucks relative to the way the Oilers want to use him because injuries have really taken their toll on him but he still has something to offer.
    RNH and Gagner are terrible faceoff guys, they are killing me in my keeper league right now.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    RNH and Gagner are terrible faceoff guys, they are killing me in my keeper league right now.
    Gagner is a great RW faceoff option in leagues with wingers
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

The Great One

I've been thinking of the Oilers' needs and, as mentioned many times already, in addition to some defensive help, they could use a solid 2nd line centre who is strong on faceoffs.

A player who came to mind, who so happens to be a pending UFA, is Tyler Bozak. Does anyone think he'd be someone the Oilers might try to sign in the off-season? Decent size, strong on faceoffs, still young (so he could mature and grow with the other young Oilers), and I don't think it would require too much to sign him as a UFA.

Thoughts?

(I apologize if this has been discussed in this thread already...I did a search and nothing came up in the results)
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I've been thinking of the Oilers' needs and, as mentioned many times already, in addition to some defensive help, they could use a solid 2nd line centre who is strong on faceoffs.

A player who came to mind, who so happens to be a pending UFA, is Tyler Bozak. Does anyone think he'd be someone the Oilers might try to sign in the off-season? Decent size, strong on faceoffs, still young (so he could mature and grow with the other young Oilers), and I don't think it would require too much to sign him as a UFA.

Thoughts?

(I apologize if this has been discussed in this thread already...I did a search and nothing came up in the results)
    It's not a terrible idea in theory but the reality is that they just need their players to improve internally. Gagner actually isn't a terrible faceoff guy and he has worked to improve in that area. More work would be nice to move it into the strength category. The problem is that when Horcoff went down the options were basically Gagner and Belanger and that forced Gagner into taking many more tougher draws than he'd normally be looking at. With Horcoff back that moves things back into line. It's still not good but the reality is that unless you are moving Gagner or the Nuge the 1-2 center spots are taken so those guys need to improve.

Where I don't mind signing a guy like Bozak is as a possible replacement for Horcoff down the line and could even allow Horcoff to slide back to fourth line duties. That may not be what you want Horcoff to be doing but he's starting to reach the point in his career where playing third line shutdown minutes are getting too tough on his body and the wear and tear is slowing him down. He can still do it but eventually he's going to have to move on to easier minutes and that probably means becoming more of a depth guy once his contract expires.

So Bozak could fill that role but in a perfect world I'd like someone with a little more size and sandpaper to his game to go up against the big centers as the team moves to the Pacific Division but there is no question that a guy like Bozak would have value. It's just about finding the right spot in the lineup for him. Could he take faceoffs and then play wing as a way of fitting him onto a top two line. Could Gagner still be as effective moving over to the wing?

Faceoffs are definitely an issue, as is size up front but the blue line will remain the biggest weakness until they address the holes.

The Great One

all good points, metaldude

I'm just trying to come up with ideas to add to the roster without subtracting the quality players we already have.

My thinking is that Bozak might be a solid addition without having to move roster players/high draft picks/prospects. I'd certainly like someone bigger with more grit, but I can't think of any players like that that won't be expensive.

Horton and Clarkson are two pending UFAs that sort of work (not Centres mind you), but they will both be quite costly (especially Clarkson), and Horton's injury issues are a concern for me.

The issue with any UFA is that the Oilers don't have a lot of money to spend on a long-term contract with Hall and Eberle already signed and Gagner, Schultz, RNH, and Yakupov up in the not too distant future. That was another reason I liked Bozak. I don't think he'd cost all that much, even as a UFA.

I definitely agree that the defense is the biggest issue, but I don't see any pending UFA dmen that will help too much.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Stud

Here is your probably pointless stat of the day. The oilers are 6-1-1 when Ryan Whitney gets a point.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Administrator

You don't have to read the whole article but just read the first Q+A from this mailbag on how this Mets fan has made the right choice to start following the Oilers:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...e-shop-mailbag

Dobber Sports Initiate

has horcoff been centering the first line since he's back from injury? or was he just filling rnh's spot?
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    has horcoff been centering the first line since he's back from injury? or was he just filling rnh's spot?
    Lots of shifts with Hall-Hemsky.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Big win tonight against the upstart CBJ. Still some hope for a playoff push, but they'll have to be good down the stretch.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Big win tonight against the upstart CBJ. Still some hope for a playoff push, but they'll have to be good down the stretch.
    This is awful but I spent the entire game hoping for Khabi to get smacked around just enough to get yanked so I could get my Dubnyk into the game. Worked out perfectly. Dubbie comes in and leads the comeback! Couldn't have worked out better.