Page 185 of 370 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

If anything, I hope it helps bolster Eberle's value enough to land us the top Dman we are looking for. I mentioned in another thread earlier, I think it's safe to say we can probably stick almost anyone with skill beside McDavid and they will step up. Move Eberle while his value is peaking and then slot Yakupov (who has little value on the market) back up with McDavid and let him take off where Eberle left off. Win-win!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If anything, I hope it helps bolster Eberle's value enough to land us the top Dman we are looking for. I mentioned in another thread earlier, I think it's safe to say we can probably stick almost anyone with skill beside McDavid and they will step up. Move Eberle while his value is peaking and then slot Yakupov (who has little value on the market) back up with McDavid and let him take off where Eberle left off. Win-win!!
    It's a fair point. McDavids going to score at least 85 points next year with whomever they put on his wings. I do think Eberle gets underappreciated at times by Oiler fans. For my money he is the best sniper/finisher on the team, even better than Hall and he will outproduce Yakupov on the top line (McDavid's line anyone who calls the Hall line the top line is crazy). I could live with losing Eberle for a sure fired top-2 Dman but I hope trading him is a last resort. I'd rather trade RNH, Yak, the 1st pick any of which in combo should get a quality D-man back. Depending on the other teams needs I think RNH may be more valuable to a lot of teams as centres are more valuable than wingers.

Another thought, if Eberle gets moved does RNH find himself in a winger role in the top-6 or move Draisaitl to the wing to get a stacked top-6? Given the Oilers makeup I'd prefer 2 great scoring lines with heavy minutes to 3 "spread-out" lines.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd rather keep RNH and move Draisaitl to the wing than trade RNH and keep Eberle but thats just me. Its not that I dont appreciate Eberle, but someones got to go and the more he scores, the higher his value goes. This only helps the asset we could acquire.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd rather keep RNH and move Draisaitl to the wing than trade RNH and keep Eberle but thats just me. Its not that I dont appreciate Eberle, but someones got to go and the more he scores, the higher his value goes. This only helps the asset we could acquire.
    That could work as well. Do you think Eberle gets more on the trade market than RNH? The upside to keeping RNH is that you always have 3 top-6 Centres for when injuries crop up, it gives you more flexibility.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

I think RNH gets more because he's turning into a legit top six center and everyone knows how hard they can be to acquire. That being said, to follow up your second point, that's exactly why the Oilers shouldn't trade RNH; for the depth. They are finally playing with center being a strength for them instead of it being their weakness.

The Great One

I agree with all the recent posts.

Eberle has really clicked with McDavid, which is awesome, but if he can get us a top dmen, I'd trade him in a second.

That said, I still don't think Eberle gets it done. It will take a center to land a dman of the caliber we require.

I really hate the idea of dealing RNH because it would be nice to keep all three of our centers and move Draisaitl to the wing, which gives us insurance in case of injury.

Back to McDavid's partners, it is true that I think anyone would excel with him. Yakupov was doing it early in the season, and even Pouliot is looking amazing with him. Kinda reminds me of how Crosby's wingers (and Lemieux's) are usually non-stars. Eberle has the knack to get open and has a great scoring touch, so he really is the perfect fit for McDavid, but it isn't mandatory.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

I keep saying this, but deal RNH for one dman and the 1st round pick for another, and our team is set.

Klefbom - Hamonic (for top 3 pick or RNH)
    Nurse - Lindholm (for top 3 pick or RNH)
    Sekera - Fayne

Boom! Playoffs are in reach.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Genius

As a RNH and Eberle owner, I'm looking forward to see what will happen until the deadline.....Nuge injury makes it hard to trade....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Genius

Coach Todd McLellan is splitting up Taylor Hall and Leon Draisaitl, at least for the start of Saturday's game.
    Hall was practicing alongside Mark Letestu and Zack Kassian while Draisaitl remained with Teddy Purcell and added Iiro Pakarinen. Hall and Draisaitl were the best duo in the NHL for a time after the November injury to Connor McDavid but lately the pair have really cooled off. Hall has 18 goals and 50 points in 56 games but has not had a point in four games and has been a minus-five.
    Source: Edmonton Sun Feb 13 - 9:29 AM
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Jesus, and McLellan thinks Hall will get it going with Letestu and Kassian????

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Coach Todd McLellan is splitting up Taylor Hall and Leon Draisaitl, at least for the start of Saturday's game.
    Hall was practicing alongside Mark Letestu and Zack Kassian while Draisaitl remained with Teddy Purcell and added Iiro Pakarinen. Hall and Draisaitl were the best duo in the NHL for a time after the November injury to Connor McDavid but lately the pair have really cooled off. Hall has 18 goals and 50 points in 56 games but has not had a point in four games and has been a minus-five.
    Source: Edmonton Sun Feb 13 - 9:29 AM
    omg those are shit lines for Hall and Draisaitl

There is one reason why Hall and Draisaitl haven't been on fire lately, and that's McDavid. Most teams can only have one line that they give the primo offensive opportunities to, and right now that is McDavid and Eberle's line. McDavid and Eberle are on the first PP unit and getting the majority of the prime offensive zone starts. Hall and Draisaitl will be fine long-term, but no one should be surprised by the drop off since McDavid returned to the lineup.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Pro

Eberle and RNH have good reasonable contracts - maybe the lottery pick gets shipped out for a dman.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Question:

1) will RNH get traded before next season??

2) how long until Brossoit takes over as the Oilers starter??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

image.png

"But they're playing better this year"

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    image.png

"But they're playing better this year"
    Unbelievable. Pro-rated, they are the worst team in the league. Either learn to play like an NHL team, or trade some real pieces already. But hey, maybe Matthews will be the answer.