Page 198 of 370 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 208 248 298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I just think Ellis (now Larsson) are both a little underwhelming regardless of which side they shoot from a player of Halls caliber. I could see that with RNH and Eberle rumoured to be on the way out for d-men as well, but they will need another righty to pair up with Klefbom or Nurse.
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I have been saying all along that whatever deal the Oilers make is going to make me unhappy on its surface. I'm stunned that the return was SO low for Hall, but I actually don't even care any more. It's a new team, with new guys driving the bus. It looks atrocious to me but hopefully this leads to a better team.
    I'm with you. Maybe Larsson helps them defensively more than they were, which shouldn't be hard. That alone should make them a better "team". They still need that puck mover.

Once the dust settles, hopefully this will actually make them better.

I sure hope Kenny Daneyko is right here.

https://twitter.com/KenDaneykoMSG/st...58561994670080

At the same time people that don't see how good Adam Larsson is on daily basis, can't appreciate him like we did! Edmonton got a real good d
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hopefully they lock in Lucic and Demers. Ideally they move Eberle for a guy who can run the powerplay.

Then I guess I play the waiting game and hope the team improves. If not, well I've become really good at doing other things with my time the past decade!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

edmonton needed a D that can play defense more than anything. puck moving D is definitely an issue too but i'm sure that's next on their list.

definitely a low return but it needed to be done. i would have loved to see Hall traded for Subban though, would have worked out great for both teams.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Good thing a team has more than one line
    well, guess theres an opening in the top 6 for a LW lol.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

I'm telling you, Larsson is going to surprise people in a good way. He is much better than most people think.

I know on the surface this deal seems like an overpayment, but how many right-handed dmen are really on the market? Maybe 5 or 6 at most, and of those there is no way Montreal was going to trade Subban without getting a dman back. Same goes for Nashville and Weber. I'd argue that the Islanders with Hamonic are in the same situation. In fact, Snow has said since the beginning that he won't deal Hamonic unless he gets a similar dman back.

I really think in 2 or 3 years when we look back on this deal it won't seem so bad from the Oilers' perspective. New Jersey knows what they had in Larsson so it was going to take an overpayment to get him. I just think that the overpayment isn't quite as huge as most people think.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm telling you, Larsson is going to surprise people in a good way. He is much better than most people think.

I know on the surface this deal seems like an overpayment, but how many right-handed dmen are really on the market? Maybe 5 or 6 at most, and of those there is no way Montreal was going to trade Subban without getting a dman back. Same goes for Nashville and Weber. I'd argue that the Islanders with Hamonic are in the same situation. In fact, Snow has said since the beginning that he won't deal Hamonic unless he gets a similar dman back.

I really think in 2 or 3 years when we look back on this deal it won't seem so bad from the Oilers' perspective. New Jersey knows what they had in Larsson so it was going to take an overpayment to get him. I just think that the overpayment isn't quite as huge as most people think.
    I have zero issues with Larsson, I just feel Hall never should have been on the table.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers sign Taylor Beck: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=47094

"The Edmonton Oilers have signed winger Taylor Beck to a one-year contract.

Beck, 25, appeared in 50 American Hockey League games last season with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers and San Antonio Rampage, accumulating 34 points (17G, 17A), 32 penalty minutes.

The 6’2”, 203-pound forward also appeared in two games with the New York Islanders in 2015-16, posting two penalty minutes.

The St. Catharines, Ontario native has played in 87 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators and New York Islanders, registering 23 points (11G, 12A) and 28 penalty minutes."
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

He'll be a decent addition to Bakersfield. Anything other than that is a bonus.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

EBERLE.

to my Oiler Fan Brothers, What's the expectations with Eberle (Stemming out of the Rumor mill out there and/or insider info).

1. Is Eberle a primer target to trade for yet another D upgrade?
    2. If Eberle stays around, how do you see the top 6-9 shaking out?

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not in the front office so this is pure speculation; the Oilers do not want to trade Eberle. The reason Eberle is so valuable to this team is mainly due to their lack of depth on the right wing. The left wing was heavy (still is) and they also have options for the center position but fewer bonafide RW. Puljujarvi coming in helps so now they have Puljujarvi, Eberle and Yakupov for the top three right wingers. Other than that, they are moving a LW to the right side.

I am sure if the right deal presented itself, the Oilers would probably consider moving him, but right now I think Eberle is safe. RNH will probably be the next valuable piece to move before Eberle.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    EBERLE.

to my Oiler Fan Brothers, What's the expectations with Eberle (Stemming out of the Rumor mill out there and/or insider info).

1. Is Eberle a primer target to trade for yet another D upgrade?
    2. If Eberle stays around, how do you see the top 6-9 shaking out?
    Lots of talk that the Oilers want to add another D-prospect. Their prime trading chips in that case would be Eberle or RNH, which one they trade would depend on what their trading partner was looking for and who the Oilers prefer to keep. While Eberle has more offensive upside, RNH gives the Oilers centre depth, something they haven't had in forever. If the Oilers make a trade for Barrie I see RNH being the preferred target but Eberle being dealt is still very possible.

If Eberle isn't traded I think he starts the year on a line with McDavid & Lucic. Once they were both healthy last year Eberle lit it up playing with McDavid. Puli will also probably get a shot playing RW with McDavid at some point as well in which case Eberle ends up playing 2nd line with either Draisitl or RNH as his centre. If Eberle can get a full season on McDavid's wing I think he could hit 70 points.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Great, Thanks guys.

Would love to watch Eberle and McDavid (and whoever plays on the LW) next year. Blows my mind considering what I KNOW Eberle can do and what I've seen McDavid do in his short time in the NHL (having watched him closely in his OHL Days). Here's hoping he sticks.

Dobber Sports Icon

Is there any chance RNH gets moved to a wing? I picked him up in a recent trade and am really looking forward to either him on the wing in edm or somewhere else
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Is there any chance RNH gets moved to a wing? I picked him up in a recent trade and am really looking forward to either him on the wing in edm or somewhere else
    It's more likely Draisatl will than RNH. I don't think his game translates very well to the wing.