Page 199 of 370 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 209 249 299 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's more likely Draisatl will than RNH. I don't think his game translates very well to the wing.
    Agreed. Draisaitl is also less experienced on draws and om the defensive side of the game, so it's easier for him to translate over.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I don't see RNH playing wing either. Draisaitl is more likely to go there.

Hard to believe that the Oilers are fortunate enough to have three centers, when it wasn't all that long ago we didn't have any!

I don't see the Oilers dealing Eberle or RNH anytime soon. If the deal was available, they would have been traded before Hall was. If anything, I could see Yakupov traded for a prospect defenseman.

I think we will start the season with the top 6 as it is.

Lucic - McDavid - Yakupov
    Draisaitl - RNH - Eberle

Pouliot and Maroon are in the mix for top 6 minutes also. I think they start Yakupov on McDavid's wing. He played well there before injury. Either they keep him there, or he increases his trade value so they can land a prospect with him.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read on the Oilers and their current cap situation, along with what may be coming down the road.

http://www.colliganhockey.com/edmont...analysis-2016/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

That was a phenomenal article. If most people read that article, they wouldn't be as critical of that Hall/Larsson deal. Again, not saying it was an ideal trade, but it sure puts things in perspective. There simply aren't that many RH dmen available in the NHL with a salary cap that would work for the Oilers. Dealing Hall gave them a suitable RH dman and freed up some much needed cap space. It would have been better if the deal was RNH or Eberle for Larsson, but we must assume that Chiarelli tried offering those players.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Oilers to name Keith Gretzky Asst GM. If he was the one making the choices on the draft picks for the Boston Bruins in recent years, I can't say I am too excited about this hire.

http://thehockeywriters.com/keith-gr...oilers-report/

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Oilers to name Keith Gretzky Asst GM. If he was the one making the choices on the draft picks for the Boston Bruins in recent years, I can't say I am too excited about this hire.

http://thehockeywriters.com/keith-gr...oilers-report/
    Yikes, the Bruins might be the last team I'd look to for scouting help, especially from the time-frame that Gretzky was there.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Yikes, the Bruins might be the last team I'd look to for scouting help, especially from the time-frame that Gretzky was there.
    I might have to agree..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers signed the wrong Gretzky! I clearly said Wayne, WAYNE dammit!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey oiler thread... any chatter on Pulj? How has he looked early in the preseason?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Hey oiler thread... any chatter on Pulj? How has he looked early in the preseason?
    He looked good in the prospect tourney. Havent seen him in the Oilers preseason games yet.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've caught bits of Puljujarvi playing and he looked pretty good, but it was in the prospects tournament games.

I watched small bits of the Van/Edm pre-season game yesterday and Drake Caggiula was Edmonton's best player (considering McDavid and Eberle both played...I know, it's only pre-season and Dragula/Caligula is fighting for a roster spot...).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Eager to start hearing the buzz around him and if he's worth my 3rd grab in my redraft. Already planning on snapping up Laine with #2, but #3 is between Pulj and Marner still(like what I see there) or the BPA, but can't afford a 9 and down after taking a Laine #2. Loving this pre season.

Dobber Sports Icon

Puljujarvi dominated the rookie tournament in Penticton. He also dominated the Oiler rookie game against the University of Alberta. He struggled in his one pre-season game so far. It's going to be close on whether or not he makes the opening night roster but he will most likely play a good chunk of the season.

Dobber Sports Stud

I caught the Devils Rangers game and Hall was very impressive. Of course he was playing against NY's "B" team, but the speed and skill were very impressive.

Having watched Larsson play about a half dozen times last season I can say that he is smooth as butter. Makes the smart play, great size and will help the Oil tremendously. I just got flak in one of my drafts from a former champion for taking him in the 19th round. I am fine with it.

The ice in NJ is not even in the same universe as that in Edmonton, so perhaps Larsson will improve to an even greater degree. I am sure most Oiler fans hope so too. Just curious who ends up with the most PP minutes on the backend in Northern Alberta. Got the guide yet ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Icon

haven't seen much oilers action..is Draggula a shot to make the squad?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)