Page 217 of 370 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 227 267 317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I know in Jr's (I can speak from watching the Q) that it's common practice to play the star players on the PK.
    That's correct, and I'm sure that's great for their development as it improves their defensive awareness at a young age. But I also think star forwards often play 25+ minutes per game in junior, and that's not very realistic in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's correct, and I'm sure that's great for their development as it improves their defensive awareness at a young age. But I also think star forwards often play 25+ minutes per game in junior, and that's not very realistic in the NHL.
    True enough.

- - - Updated - - -

True enough.

- - - Updated - - -

True enough.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just weird that they could do it just fine last year but all of a sudden it’s an issue this year, but sure. I’d still take Letestu and RNH off the PK before I took them off the PP.
    And Brent Burns had 29 goals last year, this year he has 0. Things change.
    All I said was maybe its an issue.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Maybe they should stop playing Burns on the PP

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes, Burns and Letestu are very similar players and situations...you know what you did there..

No bringing up that Letestu PP goal tonight, WHL goalies dont count.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why hello Oiler fans.

Tough year for us all right now. Been pretty happy with Lucic and not so worried about his contract right now, and Nugent-Hopkins is having a solid year. McDavid is chugguing along again and now that he's past the bubonic plague I expect he'll turn up the pace even more.

Depth is killing the Oilers, along with Talbot having an off year and defense really struggling. I certainly never saw Klefbom/Larsson struggling like this based on last season's play.

Guess they will be missing the playoffs barring some insane run before the New Year. Don't see the confidence in the team right now to see that happening though.

Good to see the usual folks hammering on about things exactly the same way they always do. Never change guys...haha!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    In another thread, I confidently stated they will make the playoffs, and I stand by that. Not that I want them to... I certainly do not since the Flames are my #2 team.
    "If they do not win at least 3 of the next 4 (against very beatable opponents, starting with Detroit), I'll change my tune."

This team, a few managerial mistakes notwithstanding, is a playoff team.
    McDavid will find a way to get them there. Getting Sekera back will help tremendously. And, perhaps most importantly, Talbot will return to competent #1 goalie form.
    I'm not as confident as you, but we'll see. Early game goals are a confidence killer for teams and they would need to avoid those and get on a big roll. I am not a fan of some of Chiarelli's individual moves, but think some of his moves that get slagged (like the Lucic signing) are nowhere near as bad as some would want to believe either.

I've always said that the proof is wins though, and currently the team isn't getting the job done, and so that falls on the GM (among others), particularly when the team is one of the lower payroll teams in the league this season. Cap space is only useful if you're going to use it - makes the Eberle move sort of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Been pretty happy with Lucic and not so worried about his contract right now
    Really? No. Come on. Really? Wow. No. I mean really?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Really? No. Come on. Really? Wow. No. I mean really?

Lucic debate round 7 with rataylor incoming.

He's on his usual 50pt pace with better 5v5 production this year. Right now he's a touch overpaid for what he brings, but not drastic.

No Lucic contract hater on this forum has ever acknowledged my point that we have a trump card with Lucic, he's a clinically diagnosed hunchback, if/when his play falls off a cliff he gets Lupul'd or Horton'd and put on the LTIR. I know hockey people who didnt think Lucic would make it to 30 in the NHL with his back issue, but he's still chugging along.

All that said, I have serious doubts whether Chiarelli goes after Lucic at all had he known what he had in Pat Maroon, but thats hindsight.

Hey. It's great news for me if people still laughably think that's a good contract lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

Like I said, the LTIR option doesn't get acknowledged.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Like I said, the LTIR option doesn't get acknowledged.
    there would need to be a significant change in his baseline health and be ruled unable to play due to medical reasons to be put on LTIR. Any medical evidence to show being a hunchback is a deteriorating condition? Otherwise, my hunch is, his hockey cards will just list him as 1" shorter in 3yrs
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    there would need to be a significant change in his baseline health and be ruled unable to play due to medical reasons to be put on LTIR. Any medical evidence to show being a hunchback is a deteriorating condition? Otherwise, my hunch is, his hockey cards will just list him as 1" shorter in 3yrs
    back issues can be complicated *wink*

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Lucic debate round 7 with rataylor incoming.

He's on his usual 50pt pace with better 5v5 production this year. Right now he's a touch overpaid for what he brings, but not drastic.

No Lucic contract hater on this forum has ever acknowledged my point that we have a trump card with Lucic, he's a clinically diagnosed hunchback, if/when his play falls off a cliff he gets Lupul'd or Horton'd and put on the LTIR. I know hockey people who didnt think Lucic would make it to 30 in the NHL with his back issue, but he's still chugging along.

All that said, I have serious doubts whether Chiarelli goes after Lucic at all had he known what he had in Pat Maroon, but thats hindsight.
    Yup, his 5v5 production is really quite good this season - better than Chiarelli's buddy Seguin and recently departed Eberle!

He's basically one of the better bad contracts (currently) that was handed out in that range and time period. Okposo is close, but Eriksson, Backes, Ladd - they are all on similar contracts, of similar length, and performing about the same, if not worse. It would have been great to sign Lucic for far less term or money. However there is a little thing called the market and reality that prevented him from signing for lollypops and good feelings. I'm currently happy with his contract.

The issue was always the term and what happens near the end. I honestly don't know what will happen there, but we'll see I guess. The LTIR option is perhaps there, but I'm not certain it's something you can count on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Brandon Davidson plucked off waivers, for better or for worse, he is back:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/o...ers-canadiens/