Page 73 of 370 FirstFirst ... 23 63 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Pierre LeBrun mentioned in the after dust on TSN that Tambellini offered Jones and a pick for him (no mention of what round or year). Obviously that wasnt as good an offer as TBays. He hadnt mentioned who Philly offered but said Ottawa was asking for Couturier from Philly. We can figure out how that went down in Philly as Couturier is still there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dude, you guys need more than a goalie. Make a move already, and stop sucking up all the first overalls
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Dude, you guys need more than a goalie. Make a move already, and stop sucking up all the first overalls
    Hey now! Only a point out of a playoff spot. Would like to have been buyers but there weren't too many pieces out there that really would have helped. Here's the list of guys who moved that I would have wanted AND think we could have matched/beaten the price:

Bouwmeester - I still don't get how he only went for a conditional first. That contract isn't so onerous that he couldn't have commanded more. Look at the Pominville, Gaborik and Erat deals. Edmonton could have offered more than that pick. The problem is Calgary probably never deals with Edmonton for a guy like that.

Adam Hall - Was waived a couple of times and dealt. Obviously Edmonton couldn't have scooped him up today because Philadelphia had priority over them but I can't help but think Hall would've cost less than Smithson and POSSIBLY could have matched the output but really this is the most minor of quibbles.

Clowe - Edmonton probably doesn't get on Clowe's list but as for the price tag I think that the Oilers could've matched it and then recouped some value trading Jones for say a 6th or 7th.

Bishop - There was no beating the Tampa Bay offer.

Torres - I'd wager he winds up being more effective than Fistric has been so opportunity cost right there doing the Fistric deal early and not being able to snag Torres who would have again been an upgrade on Jones.

Forsberg - Would like to know if the Oilers ever tried dangling Hemsky for Forsberg. I have a hard time believing Erat was so much more attractive that if a more proactive an tire-kicking Tambellini couldn't have gotten in on such a deal but that would be seemingly impossible to know.

All in all you can't really complain much about the lack of moves. Even though you want to make the playoffs really badly here an all-in push with the Oilers still lacking serious farm depth would be jumping the gun. You'd also like to get some value for expiring assets like Whitney and Khabibulin but you can't create a market for assets that are more valuable to you than to virtually anyone else because of the hole they'd create in your lineup even with their diminishing skill.

The only thing to hope for is that the team has given themselves enough of a shot to stay competitive for a playoff spot until the final week and then take what they learned and their valuable cap space and find a way to really build up the roster. I have ZERO faith that this front office has any idea how to do that but they also haven't crippled themselves with any moves and that in and of itself is a miracle.

Here's to a 9th place finish and hopefully some completely undeserved lottery luck.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Anyone hear what their offer for Bishop was? I'm curious because going after him strikes me as a smack in the face to what Dubnyk has done this season, although I've probably got my rose coloured glasses on with regard to him.

These are my observations on Dubnyk this year.

The Good:
    Great positional play and tracking through traffic. He is quite often square to the shooter and ready to take the shot full on.

Okay:
    Rebound control can use some work, it's not horrid but can definitely use some improvement.
    Movement, if he could move faster he would be approaching some elite years.

The Bad:
    Puck movement. Oh my god Devan Dubnyk can you please stay in the net or leave the puck there for Schultz to carry up the ice? You are scaring the bejeezus out of me every time you try to handle the puck!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    These are my observations on Dubnyk this year.

The Good:
    Great positional play and tracking through traffic. He is quite often square to the shooter and ready to take the shot full on.

Okay:
    Rebound control can use some work, it's not horrid but can definitely use some improvement.
    Movement, if he could move faster he would be approaching some elite years.

The Bad:
    Puck movement. Oh my god Devan Dubnyk can you please stay in the net or leave the puck there for Schultz to carry up the ice? You are scaring the bejeezus out of me every time you try to handle the puck!
    Couldn't agree more; great analysis.

Rylant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    The Bad:
    Holy crap, it is bad. I don't like goalies handling the puck at all but he is exceptionally awful at it. Park your lanky ass in the crease and stay there.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Hey now! Only a point out of a playoff spot. Would like to have been buyers but there weren't too many pieces out there that really would have helped. Here's the list of guys who moved that I would have wanted AND think we could have matched/beaten the price:

Bouwmeester - I still don't get how he only went for a conditional first. That contract isn't so onerous that he couldn't have commanded more. Look at the Pominville, Gaborik and Erat deals. Edmonton could have offered more than that pick. The problem is Calgary probably never deals with Edmonton for a guy like that.

Adam Hall - Was waived a couple of times and dealt. Obviously Edmonton couldn't have scooped him up today because Philadelphia had priority over them but I can't help but think Hall would've cost less than Smithson and POSSIBLY could have matched the output but really this is the most minor of quibbles.

Clowe - Edmonton probably doesn't get on Clowe's list but as for the price tag I think that the Oilers could've matched it and then recouped some value trading Jones for say a 6th or 7th.

Bishop - There was no beating the Tampa Bay offer.

Torres - I'd wager he winds up being more effective than Fistric has been so opportunity cost right there doing the Fistric deal early and not being able to snag Torres who would have again been an upgrade on Jones.

Forsberg - Would like to know if the Oilers ever tried dangling Hemsky for Forsberg. I have a hard time believing Erat was so much more attractive that if a more proactive an tire-kicking Tambellini couldn't have gotten in on such a deal but that would be seemingly impossible to know.

All in all you can't really complain much about the lack of moves. Even though you want to make the playoffs really badly here an all-in push with the Oilers still lacking serious farm depth would be jumping the gun. You'd also like to get some value for expiring assets like Whitney and Khabibulin but you can't create a market for assets that are more valuable to you than to virtually anyone else because of the hole they'd create in your lineup even with their diminishing skill.

The only thing to hope for is that the team has given themselves enough of a shot to stay competitive for a playoff spot until the final week and then take what they learned and their valuable cap space and find a way to really build up the roster. I have ZERO faith that this front office has any idea how to do that but they also haven't crippled themselves with any moves and that in and of itself is a miracle.

Here's to a 9th place finish and hopefully some completely undeserved lottery luck.

Solid analysis. Forsberg would have been a nice get.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Forsberg for Hemsky would have been a non-starter. Erat is not a rental. Hemsky is. No need to even speculate about that one.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Forsberg for Hemsky would have been a non-starter. Erat is not a rental. Hemsky is. No need to even speculate about that one.
    How do you figure this? Hemsky has one more year after this one on his contract, Erat has 2 more years on his deal after this season. I dont see either as a rental.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My bad, I was under the impression that Hemsky only had this year left. All the trade talk around him has confused me, I guess Thanks for the heads up!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

All I can say is these last few games have finally made it fun to be an Oilers fan again. They are looking like the team everyone was hoping they could be. Their schedule the rest of the season is really tough but to at least be sitting in 8th right now with 12 games to go is about as much as any fan could have asked for.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Genius

I told Steve they had a shot here. Detroit is faltering right now so 7th place is within reach. Beyond that, I'd be surprised. Just making the playoffs is a big enough deal.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I told Steve they had a shot here. Detroit is faltering right now so 7th place is within reach. Beyond that, I'd be surprised. Just making the playoffs is a big enough deal.
    They are up to a 40% or so shot now thanks to the complete tear down in calgary. Still feels impossible to get in though unless zetterberg stays out for a while. I genuinely believe this Oilers squad is the 9th best team in the West with phoenix, dallas and nashville all selling to various degrees. Not sure we can overtake any playoff teams though (I am counting st. Louis as in because of games in hand). Also not sure if cbj post gaborik deal isn't better or comparable. I'll get amped if the boys get a big win in Van tonight. One game at a time!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Season started well and then got all "last 3 years" kind of dreadful in the middle. Now things are looking decent at least. Pretty tough to make the playoffs but if they do I hope it's at the expense of the Red Wings. They had their chance with Lidstrom and now they can go back to being a team no one cares about for a while again.

Dobber Sports Genius

If they are the team that replaces DET, I will be ecstatic. Hate the Wings and want their playoff streak to end.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak