Page 94 of 607 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 104 144 194 594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Wow a frustrated habs fan....geez think of us Leaf fans!!!!
    Yeah the Leafs are on a whole other level. They're actually a giant scam where a few people at the top get filthy rich even with the arena half empty.

Habs fans have standards...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

So Rick Dudley is officially in the fold, but cannot participate in the draft. So now we get to see prankster Bergevin fake-calling Dudley at the draft table just to get under Burkie's skin.

Dobber Sports Guru

Bob Hartley to become the next coach for you guys?
    #Habs legal affairs team has drafted a preliminary contract offer for Bob Hartley. He is expected to be named new head coach within few days
    https://twitter.com/#!/habbiesinsider
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Bob Hartley to become the next coach for you guys?

https://twitter.com/#!/habbiesinsider
    I think Hartley would be fine. Not sure how I feel about it one way or the other but he has had success before and I don't see any grand slam coaches currently unemployed.

Administrator

Scott Mellanby named director of player personnel:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=632943

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Scott Mellanby named director of player personnel:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=632943
    It's shaping up slowly and nicely! Now let's hope we'll look good on this ice as well!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    It's shaping up slowly and nicely! Now let's hope we'll look good on this ice as well!
    I don't know a lot about Mellanby as a management guy but I've heard good things. I'm also noticing the trend of Bergevin and Mellanby being gritty guys on the ice during their careers. I hope this translates onto the ice for the current team. I don't want a goon squad, but I don't like the figure skaters who are total passengers on the ice and only show up for a dozen games a year.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't know a lot about Mellanby as a management guy but I've heard good things. I'm also noticing the trend of Bergevin and Mellanby being gritty guys on the ice during their careers. I hope this translates onto the ice for the current team. I don't want a goon squad, but I don't like the figure skaters who are total passengers on the ice and only show up for a dozen games a year.
    Exactly! Most of the time, a GM tend to build their team like they used to play, so it can only be a good thing!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Exactly! Most of the time, a GM tend to build their team like they used to play, so it can only be a good thing!
    I know that's not what you meant, but now I'm picturing a squad made up of 6 Bergevins on the blue line and 12 Mellanbys up front... and that would not be a good thing.

I'm anxious to see what the choice will be for head coach. As you guys have suggested, the common thread so far seems to be that Bergevin prefers "character" guys.

It's really hard to predict since the process is so secretive, but the more days go by, the more I think Hartley really has a shot.

Edit: I should really read previous posts before posting. Just noticed Carcillo and Eric discussed this possibility on the previous page.
    Last edited by Thunder; May 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

If Hartley is hired, I bet it's just for a two-year window to see what he can do in the short term. I wouldn't mind Hartley, but I'd love to see Carbonneau hired instead, I think he'd be a much better choice long term. The major problem he had during his first stint was a lack of understanding on how to communicate with players, and that's the kind of thing that one can learn from and correct (rather than an Xs and Os problem or a problem with a coaching style not meshing with how a team is made up).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    If Hartley is hired, I bet it's just for a two-year window to see what he can do in the short term. I wouldn't mind Hartley, but I'd love to see Carbonneau hired instead, I think he'd be a much better choice long term. The major problem he had during his first stint was a lack of understanding on how to communicate with players, and that's the kind of thing that one can learn from and correct (rather than an Xs and Os problem or a problem with a coaching style not meshing with how a team is made up).
    IMO his biggest problem was the century year. He and Gainey were former captains that were forced to have other things on their mind instead of being 100% devoted to the team. The amazing atmosphere made it difficult to keep the players in check. I think a second round would be better for him now that the expectations are not out of this world.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not sure I'm that excited about any of the names being mentioned so far. Between Therrien, Carbo, Roy and Hartley, the latter is probably the one I like best, but that may just be because he's the one I know the least.

I was very unimpressed with Therrien he coached the Habs (though in his defence, he was coaching a pretty sorry lot). I'm sure he's improved, but I have a hard time believing he's suddenly become a hockey wiz. I get the sense he's a pure emotion guy who can probably get a short term rise out a team, but would have a hard time being sucessful over the long haul.

Carbo was okay (though I was pissed Julien was ousted, but that's certainly not his fault), but the whole communication issue was just odd IMO (assuming what was said at the time of his firing was true, of course) I would think that communicating with your players would be a basic thing. And I would expect a former player to understand this.

Roy was my idol growing up. But as a goaltender.

Coaches aren't my forte. But I'm surprised that we hear almost exclusively about former Habs coaches/players and/or guys that appear in the media (like Hartley). Are there really no interesting candidates in Junior or at other levels?

Administrator

Roy would be the worst of all the candidates. He has passion and dedication and... nothing else.

Dobber Sports Stud

Well, Damphousse on l'Antichambre just revealed that Hartley met with the Flames for the second time this weekend.

Administrator

I'm glad they're taking their time with the coach. It's less important than other positions when it comes to the draft because the coach only worries about the current roster. The scouting and player development positions are more key right now.