Page 93 of 607 FirstFirst ... 43 83 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

It appears that there was a mutual interest between Jim Nill and the Habs for the GM gig.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._wings_22.html

The only thing that restrained him is that there is illness in his family.

Dobber Sports Stud

French CBC radio reports Loiselle and Giguere have been told they are no loer in contention for the GM job.

Unless I'm mistaken, that would leave Marc Bergevin and Julien BriseBois still in the running out of the people who have reportedly been met. Not sure if it was ever confirmed that Pierre McGuire interviewed.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    French CBC radio reports Loiselle and Giguere have been told they are no loer in contention for the GM job.

Unless I'm mistaken, that would leave Marc Bergevin and Julien BriseBois still in the running out of the people who have reportedly been met. Not sure if it was ever confirmed that Pierre McGuire interviewed.
    Yes it was confirmed by Francois Gagnon in La Presse... that leaves McGuire, Bergevin and BriseBois as the three known interviewed candidates.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Yes it was confirmed by Francois Gagnon in La Presse... that leaves McGuire, Bergevin and BriseBois as the three known interviewed candidates.
    On L'Antichambre tonight they said Bergevin is the best candidate of the three. Brisebois has past ties to Gainey which could work against him and McGuire doesn't have the same experience in management that other candidates have.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    On L'Antichambre tonight they said Bergevin is the best candidate of the three. Brisebois has past ties to Gainey which could work against him and McGuire doesn't have the same experience in management that other candidates have.
    On RDS.ca, they are also reporting that Bergevin has the inside track for the job, since he met three times with the Habs already.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/339511.html

Administrator

So Bergevin it is... I wanted to do some kind of checklist that would determine if he will be successful in Montreal but to me it really boils down to one thing:

STOP ACQUIRING EVERYONE ELSE'S SCRAPS!!!

Administrator

I'm also thrilled that the process, although thorough, was done quickly. Bergevin has a ton of time to hire his staff and get ready for the draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was googling to see if Trevor Timmins had given any interview since Bergevin was hired (I suspect that Bergevin, unlike Gauthier, will allow Timmins to talk to the media - I hope I am not wrong) but I could not find anything except for the confirmation that he will be attending one of the Memorial Tournament games. The only other piece of information I found that might be of interest is the confirmation from Alex Galchenyuk that he has spoken with Timmins:

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10377779

That is old news however and it is only normal that the organization will meet all top prospects, but since it is very quiet on the Habs front I thought I would share the information here.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Akkei View Post
    I was googling to see if Trevor Timmins had given any interview since Bergevin was hired (I suspect that Bergevin, unlike Gauthier, will allow Timmins to talk to the media - I hope I am not wrong) but I could not find anything except for the confirmation that he will be attending one of the Memorial Tournament games. The only other piece of information I found that might be of interest is the confirmation from Alex Galchenyuk that he has spoken with Timmins:

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10377779

That is old news however and it is only normal that the organization will meet all top prospects, but since it is very quiet on the Habs front I thought I would share the information here.
    Yeah I expect them to meet extensively with anyone they perceive as top-10 picks. I've never seen a draft class with so many red flags around the top picks. It really opens things up in terms of who the pick could be.

Banned

Banned

Spacek rips on former Habs front-office

Not surprising that its such a cluster**** in Montreal, I hope the Molsons have woken up, extracted their heads from their asses and are committed to improving the franchise

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Spacek rips on former Habs front-office

Not surprising that its such a cluster**** in Montreal, I hope the Molsons have woken up, extracted their heads from their asses and are committed to improving the franchise
    He mentioned something about that shortly after being traded, which led to him being booed by the Habs crowd when he played there in a Canes uniform. I wish he would have gone into details, otherwise he's really just throwing a bit of gas into a fire that everyone knows was already ignited.

Definitely agree that it's time for management to stop treating the team like a business on auto-pilot.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He mentioned something about that shortly after being traded, which led to him being booed by the Habs crowd when he played there in a Canes uniform. I wish he would have gone into details, otherwise he's really just throwing a bit of gas into a fire that everyone knows was already ignited.

Definitely agree that it's time for management to stop treating the team like a business on auto-pilot.
    I think they have.

This article, and Stubbs' other piece on his lunch with Spacek speak at a high level about the change that is apparent with Molson clearing house, and Bergevin's hiring. Getting rid of Gainey, Gauthier, let alone Martin, hopefully speaks of the seachange they are going through right now.

Molson has said the right things, and has taken the steps to right past mistakes (like sending jerseys to Cammalleri and Spacek), which we haven't seen much of in recent years.

I would like to say I'm cautiously optimistic about Bergevin, but that would be a lie. I'm downright excited. Maybe that'll make it that much more painful if the team goes back to their usual tricks, but I honestly believe that things are changing for the better.

I don't see any harm in the news coming out about the previous regime. I think it helps to hear that the problem was from the top down, if only because it makes me hopeful that new leadership will bring the change the team definitely needs.
    Setting up the play.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thatbirdguy View Post
    I think they have.

This article, and Stubbs' other piece on his lunch with Spacek speak at a high level about the change that is apparent with Molson clearing house, and Bergevin's hiring. Getting rid of Gainey, Gauthier, let alone Martin, hopefully speaks of the seachange they are going through right now.

Molson has said the right things, and has taken the steps to right past mistakes (like sending jerseys to Cammalleri and Spacek), which we haven't seen much of in recent years.

I would like to say I'm cautiously optimistic about Bergevin, but that would be a lie. I'm downright excited. Maybe that'll make it that much more painful if the team goes back to their usual tricks, but I honestly believe that things are changing for the better.

I don't see any harm in the news coming out about the previous regime. I think it helps to hear that the problem was from the top down, if only because it makes me hopeful that new leadership will bring the change the team definitely needs.
    I really hope the BS is done with. I'm so tired of management phoning it in and solving team needs by picking up scrap parts from other teams that handicap the Habs in so many other ways. So short-sighted.

Dobber Sports Icon

I really hope the BS is done with. I'm so tired of management phoning it in and solving team needs by picking up scrap parts from other teams that handicap the Habs in so many other ways. So short-sighted.
    Wow a frustrated habs fan....geez think of us Leaf fans!!!!