Page 81 of 607 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 131 181 581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    I left it intentionally otherwise we would have received 10 offers in the next minute!!!
    Isn't that the point?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Isn't that the point?
    Yeah, but these would have been cheaper offers you know... Like Getzlaf or Nash straight up and we've said earlier that we need picks!

Administrator

Yeah, but these would have been cheaper offers you know... Like Getzlaf or Nash straight up and we've said earlier that we need picks!
    Oh of course!

Dobber Sports Giant

Oh of course!
    Thank god we can laugh a bit about our situation. I'm hoping really hard that Gauthier will make some interesting deals, but I'm not holding my breath...

Administrator

Thank god we can laugh a bit about our situation. I'm hoping really hard that Gauthier will make some interesting deals, but I'm not holding my breath...
    He definitely did well in the Gill trade, and I'd argue that he did a good job getting Cammalleri out of here too. Bourque has his lazy moments too but he's a better physical and defensive player than Cammy so when both are at their "lows" I'd say Bourque is a more useful player. Bourque doesn't have the same high-volume scoring potential though.

Dobber Sports Giant

He definitely did well in the Gill trade, and I'd argue that he did a good job getting Cammalleri out of here too. Bourque has his lazy moments too but he's a better physical and defensive player than Cammy so when both are at their "lows" I'd say Bourque is a more useful player. Bourque doesn't have the same high-volume scoring potential though.
    Definitely! These are probably the brightest moments of Gauthier this year. I'm just hoping he can continue this streak until the new GM takes place.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ruutu's extension is great news for Habs fans...A. Kostitsyn is now one of the only offensive player left as a rental!! It has to drive his value upward...

Go Pierre!! If he is serious about playing here for less money, he'll come back this summer.,

On the flip side...if AK46 gets traded and don't get back next season, who takes his place in the top 9? Does it make the team better? Depends on the return I guess.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Ruutu's extension is great news for Habs fans...A. Kostitsyn is now one of the only offensive player left as a rental!! It has to drive his value upward...

Go Pierre!! If he is serious about playing here for less money, he'll come back this summer.,

On the flip side...if AK46 gets traded and don't get back next season, who takes his place in the top 9? Does it make the team better? Depends on the return I guess.
    I'd like to give the chance to Leblanc or Palushaj in that role. Maybe they can get to 20 goals too while contributing more in other areas. Just stick someone there and give them a solid 12-15 minutes per game.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd like to give the chance to Leblanc or Palushaj in that role. Maybe they can get to 20 goals too while contributing more in other areas. Just stick someone there and give them a solid 12-15 minutes per game.
    In my opinion, Leblanc is already in the top 9, so he will not replace him. I don't like Palushaj one bit, and he don't have Kostitsyn's size. No one in Hamilton is ready. The UFA pool is not that atracting after Parise and Semin, which probably won't come in Montreal (good thing in Semin's case). That leaves us with a trade...who is the best bargaining chip in the upcoming summer?

Administrator

In my opinion, Leblanc is already in the top 9, so he will not replace him. I don't like Palushaj one bit, and he don't have Kostitsyn's size. No one in Hamilton is ready. The UFA pool is not that atracting after Parise and Semin, which probably won't come in Montreal (good thing in Semin's case). That leaves us with a trade...who is the best bargaining chip in the upcoming summer?
    Ryan White could always surprise and make himself a name on the third line. Otherwise Geoffrion is an option but more of a hit-or-miss guy at this point.

I am not worried about Palushaj having less size than Kostitsyn. Habs need good players period.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I am not worried about Palushaj having less size than Kostitsyn. Habs need good players period.
    I totally agree that the Habs need good players...that's why I'm worried about Palushaj. Besides speed, he did not display anything to convince me that he belongs on the NHL.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ryan White could always surprise and make himself a name on the third line. Otherwise Geoffrion is an option but more of a hit-or-miss guy at this point.
    Again..I agree with those assessments. I'm not saying that there is no options. I'm just asking if they are better than Kostitsyn. I think that White and Geoffrion should/could be on the fourth line next season. I'd be glad if one of them can slide in the top 9. The only other candidate is Gallagher, but a full season in the AHL is probably the best way to go for his development.

The wild card is the youngster that the Habs will draft next June. A top 3 pick is not out of question, and this kind of talent is not that far from competing for a job right away. A Grigorenko or a Forsberg could start the season in the NHL.

Administrator

Again..I agree with those assessments. I'm not saying that there is no options. I'm just asking if they are better than Kostitsyn. I think that White and Geoffrion should/could be on the fourth line next season. I'd be glad if one of them can slide in the top 9. The only other candidate is Gallagher, but a full season in the AHL is probably the best way to go for his development.

The wild card is the youngster that the Habs will draft next June. A top 3 pick is not out of question, and this kind of talent is not that far from competing for a job right away. A Grigorenko or a Forsberg could start the season in the NHL.
    I get what you mean. I think the best approach is not to look at it in terms of just next year. The Habs have players that need to be brought in and nurtured. It's not like Kostitsyn is a difference maker. He has good moments but more often than not he's coasting and uninterested. To me it's not a coincidence that he's worked his way down to line 3.

In terms of building a team, I think the team can do better than signing Kostitsyn at a rate that I believe will be at least 4 million.

Administrator

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/hio-at-practice-11

Some details from practice, including a minor scuffle between Subban (of course) and Desharnais and also news that Mathieu Darche is banged up at the moment. We'll probably know more about the Friday lineup during the day tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eric, and all other Habs fan,
    Do you think Pierre Gauthier should/could have match the offer from LA with Subban and their first pick?
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]