Page 75 of 607 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 125 175 575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Habs play at 2PM today. I have a sim league draft today at 1PM. I will have the game on but will probably not be paying attention. If anyone else has thoughts on the game go ahead and chime in. Otherwise I might try to catch a replay later.

The team called up Aaron Palushaj so I assume Mike Blunden is a no-go.
    Last edited by ericdaoust; February 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Default Capitals 3, Canadiens 0

I missed most of the game but the Habs were shut out again. If the big line doesn't score, nobody does. The team was booed off the ice. PK Subban was named third star by CBC. That's all I have unfortunately.

Dobber Sports Genius

They cheered everytime Gomez touched the puck! talk about mocking at its best! Tomorrow they plan to sing him the birthday song for the year anniversary without scoring a goal. CLASSIC!
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Now that MTL is truly looking at a lotto pick, let's hope MTL can get another 1st with the sell off. There some good Fwd talent available early that look ideal for the habs and looking at a lot of draft rankings Brandon Guance looks like a possible mid 1st pick that coud be perfect for mtl
    10 team Keeper, Roto G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP SOG: W, GAA SV%, SO, Keep 4Fwd, 2D, 1G
    Start 3c, 3 LW, 3 RW, flex Fwd, 5D 2G

C: H. Sedin(K), m. Koivu, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
    LW: D. Sedin(K), B. Ryan(K), Burrows,
    RW: St Louis(K), Hornquist, c neil, alfredson, kassian
    D: Subban (K), Fowler(K), Schultz, Kronwall, dillon
    G; price(k), ward, hiller

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PriceCrazed View Post
    Now that MTL is truly looking at a lotto pick, let's hope MTL can get another 1st with the sell off. There some good Fwd talent available early that look ideal for the habs and looking at a lot of draft rankings Brandon Guance looks like a possible mid 1st pick that coud be perfect for mtl
    In years of following the draft I am still surprised with how much the projected order changes as the draft nears. Opinions change in a big way even when games are not being played. If Guance is a fast-riser don't surprise to see him get selected in the top-10 especially if he has a complete game.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    They cheered everytime Gomez touched the puck! talk about mocking at its best! Tomorrow they plan to sing him the birthday song for the year anniversary without scoring a goal. CLASSIC!
    Like I said a few days ago, Gomez deserves the taunting. He did this to himself by not committing himself to helping the team win. The fact that a top-six forward cannot score a single goal (even by accident) over a full calendar year is just pathetic.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Like I said a few days ago, Gomez deserves the taunting. He did this to himself by not committing himself to helping the team win. The fact that a top-six forward cannot score a single goal (even by accident) over a full calendar year is just pathetic.
    could not agree more! the smirk on his face makes me sick!

Administrator

Default Jets 0, Canadiens 3

This game was an exact role reversal from the game yesterday. Granted, it's the Jets, but it's still a solid outing for the Canadiens who dominated most of the territorial play.

Today is the anniversary of the last goal by Scott Gomez. He hustled all game, so he gets credit for that. He had a near-goal on the tally that was eventually awarded to Tomas Plekanec. It was difficult to see on the replay if the puck hit Gomez's stick prior to hitting the inside of Pavelec's arm. After about 10 minutes it was announced to the Bell Centre that it was Plekanec's goal. This was greeted with some boos as many in the crowd are running along with the Gomez joke.

Carey Price made 23 saves for his third shutout of the season. He was not overly busy but made a few outstanding saves in the third period.

This was Plekanec's best game in a long time. He was dominant at both ends of the ice. He scored a power play goal and a shorthanded assist. He also won 13 of 21 faceoffs in just under 24 minutes.

Huge props to Alexei Emelin for another big game. He tapped in a shorthanded goal and added six more hits in close to 17 minutes. He is now up to 151 hits in 41 games.

Aaron Palushaj and Louis Leblanc both played 12 minutes and played extremely well. They were good on the forecheck and created a ton of chances. He had an assist on the opening goal by Max Pacioretty.

The top line was quiet. They only played about 16 minutes. Plekanec had a strong game so it made sense to roll with the hot hand.

PK Subban had a great game and even fought Blake Wheeler. For a giant player Wheeler sure fell easily.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think guathier would have gotten fired if they lost to the jets today. too bad the jets are so damn terrible lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think guathier would have gotten fired if they lost to the jets today. too bad the jets are so damn terrible lol
    I'm not sure if they plan on making a GM change until the season ends. I personally would first find a replacement and then fire Gauthier. I really dislike the lame duck spots like the one Randy Cunneyworth is in.

Dobber Sports Genius

I REALLY think Patrick Roy is finishing his year in Quebec because he's part owner and will take the head coaching job in montreal next year. hopefully bringing Grigerenko with him at the draft table.

As far as GM goes, who knows...I hope its P mcGuire. Annoying but knows his sh#t like no other.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    I REALLY think Patrick Roy is finishing his year in Quebec because he's part owner and will take the head coaching job in montreal next year. hopefully bringing Grigerenko with him at the draft table.

As far as GM goes, who knows...I hope its P mcGuire. Annoying but knows his sh#t like no other.
    I think both would create too much of a circus around them, which is already a problem with the current team. They might be good at their jobs, but the thought of two egos that big with a media that feeds off of that is scary.

I give you credit on the McGuire mention, because I do think he knows his stuff and is very well connected. But I think Roy is just a hothead who happens to have a good junior team.

My preference is for the owners to do what the Atlanta Falcons did before they hired their current GM. The owner didn't care for brashness and name value, found a good football mind then let the guy run the team. It's an example that sticks with me because that's the football team I follow.

The Molsons need to find a GM who can be a fixture for 10+ years and step aside. This changing of the guard every 2-3 years isn't helping anyone.

Administrator

Aaron Palushaj is sent back down to Hamilton while Ryan White is off to the Bulldogs for conditioning. The belief is that Travis Moen will be back next game.

Source: http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...aj-to-hamilton

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think both would create too much of a circus around them, which is already a problem with the current team. They might be good at their jobs, but the thought of two egos that big with a media that feeds off of that is scary.

I give you credit on the McGuire mention, because I do think he knows his stuff and is very well connected. But I think Roy is just a hothead who happens to have a good junior team.

My preference is for the owners to do what the Atlanta Falcons did before they hired their current GM. The owner didn't care for brashness and name value, found a good football mind then let the guy run the team. It's an example that sticks with me because that's the football team I follow.

The Molsons need to find a GM who can be a fixture for 10+ years and step aside. This changing of the guard every 2-3 years isn't helping anyone.
    I like the circus.

Roy would show some PASSION for once we haven't seen since Burns and Demers. I'd say Therrien but he was too much of a tool.

McGuire, everyone in my circle is all for McGuire even tho some think he's annoying.

Administrator

http://www.tsn.ca/montreal/blogs/habs_report/?id=387153

Travis Moen is still waiting for the green light to return. Due to the demoting of Palushaj, if Moen can't go then the team will dress 10 forwards and 8 defencemen. Should do wonders for the team's scoring woes... or not...