Page 449 of 607 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 459 499 549 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Bergevin isn't trading Price even if he wanted to. I doubt Geoff Molson would let that happen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Bergevin isn't trading Price even if he wanted to. I doubt Geoff Molson would let that happen.
    I also wonder how many takers there would be, given the monster contract Price has starting next year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Administrator

Price is not going anywhere and nor should he.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I also wonder how many takers there would be, given the monster contract Price has starting next year.
    Monster contract or not, Price is the golden boy in Montreal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Price is not going anywhere and nor should he.
    This is the sentiment that is, and will continue to be the demise of this team........you need A LOT more than a star goalie to be a successful team, and he is really their only valuable trade chip to bolster a roster that is super low on talent. Not that I care, I am thoroughly enjoying this implosion

Dobber Sports Monster

Would be interesting if Pricer asked for a trade. My older brother is friends with Carey and claimed that he told him, if he were to play for any other team, it would be Vancouver since it is close to home. Now, my brother is a Vancouver fan and he could be just blowing smoke. This was quite a few years ago though. I remember him and my uncle said Carey told them Ovechkin was the best player he's faced and that he is so dangerous. THAT I believe. Believe it or not, I could have had some drinks with them, back in 2008 or 2009 Carey went to the Stampede here in WL and my uncle invited me to join their camp and have some brews because Carey was there. I declined because I didn't drink. Biggest regret of my life lol. My twin brother did talk to Carey on the phone, my uncle gave Carey the phone and had a quick 15 second chat. Ages ago now ...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    On the positive side of things, I went to bed after the second period.
    On the positive side of things, I'll be able to go to bed early tonight.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

On the positive side of things, I'll be able to go to bed early tonight.
    Lol!

Dobber Sports Stud

Glad I stayed for that second period.

Dobber Sports Monster

Carey just slammed his stick against the post after the 6th goal. Must be pretty frustrating .... TRADE RUMORS SHOULD BE FLYING SOON!!!!

... jk

Dobber Sports Stud

Glad I stayed for that second period.
    Note to self. Just go to bed after the second period. Always.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Note to self. Just go to bed after the second period. Always.
    I came back to this thread for this, LMAO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    This is the sentiment that is, and will continue to be the demise of this team........you need A LOT more than a star goalie to be a successful team, and he is really their only valuable trade chip to bolster a roster that is super low on talent. Not that I care, I am thoroughly enjoying this implosion
    The demise of the team is the fact that management caters to the idiots who think they must always have a francophone coach. Push french players into positions they are not suited for(Desharnais was given top PP time for 30 games without registering a PPP 2 years ago)

They have to promote the Gars de Chez nous at all costs. Forcing Drouin into C when he is WORSE defensively than Galchenyuk.............Galchenyuk you could at least see was in his wheelhouse while playing c. bad defensively yes, but a threat. Drouin looks like a fish out of water at C. But they will keep saying "We have found our #1 C" and continue being racist/Prejudiced and demoting Galchenyuk because he is not french.

Until the team becomes business first, heritage and francophone second, they will continue to be a cluster#@$%^.

But when they hired Anglophones, they have protests outside the Molson center, Boycotts on Molson beer, and politicians bashing the move in the media.

Its insane. And my mom is Quebecois but even she thinks they are nuts.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Administrator

That game made me sleep in this morning. Was struggling to keep my eyes open at the end...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    The demise of the team is the fact that management caters to the idiots who think they must always have a francophone coach. Push french players into positions they are not suited for(Desharnais was given top PP time for 30 games without registering a PPP 2 years ago)

They have to promote the Gars de Chez nous at all costs. Forcing Drouin into C when he is WORSE defensively than Galchenyuk.............Galchenyuk you could at least see was in his wheelhouse while playing c. bad defensively yes, but a threat. Drouin looks like a fish out of water at C. But they will keep saying "We have found our #1 C" and continue being racist/Prejudiced and demoting Galchenyuk because he is not french.

Until the team becomes business first, heritage and francophone second, they will continue to be a cluster#@$%^.

But when they hired Anglophones, they have protests outside the Molson center, Boycotts on Molson beer, and politicians bashing the move in the media.

Its insane. And my mom is Quebecois but even she thinks they are nuts.

Ridiculous to imagine limiting a talent pool to virtually one province vs the entire hockey playing world and expect to be able to remain competitive. CBJs GM is Finnish.

It does seem that more and more of the French fanbase is getting fed up with the formula and are ready to accept change. Bergevin?s fall may be a good thing for the very long term success of the franchise. Maybe he just happened to be the guy in place when this transition occurred, but he?s done a bad job.

Funniest part of the issue (especially pointing at the die-hard element of the fanbase who needs the French ties in management and coaching) is that many men who were instrumental in building this franchises history were far from French Canadian. Would the Habs turn away Sam Pollock, Frank Selke or Toe Blake away today?