Page 448 of 607 FirstFirst ... 348 398 438 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 458 498 548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Hemsky really needs to go away.

Ya he has been awful to start the year.

At least you aren't paying Frans Nielsen to score in shootouts?

Dobber Sports Stud

On the positive side of things, I went to bed after the second period.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Just watched the LA/MON highlights...
    Not sure if the highlights captures the whole game, but man, MON looks sloppy as team defense goes.
    All four of those LA 3rd period ES goals could've been avoided by just having the right numbers, defensive assignments, making simple plays.
    42 shots against (and 35 at even-strength)... shakes head.

Watching the goals, I noted how Petry seemed to be... I don't know... frustrated by where his teammates were.
    Petry had a -4 on the night, but I've been there as a D-men, it actually looks like he's doing his part and everybody around him is effin up.
    Shift chart shows that he & Alzner were consistently paried, but on LA's 2nd, 4th, and 5th goals... you can see they were somehow separated.
    [I noted this first by watching, supplementing that by the shift chart. Not vice-versa.]

Bad shift changing, clearing, and then players are out-of-place and not picking up men well.
    There's not really a consistent D-pairing out for Montreal on any of the goals - and I'm excluding the 3rd goal which was a terrible dump-in (Shaw) and Danault/Shaw couldn't get off, Hudon comes on but is unhelpful, and Alzner/Petry have to rush on since Mete/Weber changed expecting (rightfully) a successful dump-in.
    Interesting. (I do feel bad for Petry, definitely doesn't deserve that -4 *and on for the PP goal against*. I've been there, those weird nights where you're just out there for every.goal.against.)

Be interesting to see if the last of the Cal road-trip is same ol' crap against Anaheim.

[ps. Hudon is going to join my Grabner/Connolly/Kovalchuk club if he continues to fire shots and not provide anything defensively.]

Dobber Sports Master

If they lose in ANH, someone doesn't make it back from this road trip. That is my prediction.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Just watched the LA/MON highlights...
    Not sure if the highlights captures the whole game, but man, MON looks sloppy as team defense goes.
    All four of those LA 3rd period ES goals could've been avoided by just having the right numbers, defensive assignments, making simple plays.
    42 shots against (and 35 at even-strength)... shakes head.

Watching the goals, I noted how Petry seemed to be... I don't know... frustrated by where his teammates were.
    Petry had a -4 on the night, but I've been there as a D-men, it actually looks like he's doing his part and everybody around him is effin up.
    Shift chart shows that he & Alzner were consistently paried, but on LA's 2nd, 4th, and 5th goals... you can see they were somehow separated.
    [I noted this first by watching, supplementing that by the shift chart. Not vice-versa.]

Bad shift changing, clearing, and then players are out-of-place and not picking up men well.
    There's not really a consistent D-pairing out for Montreal on any of the goals - and I'm excluding the 3rd goal which was a terrible dump-in (Shaw) and Danault/Shaw couldn't get off, Hudon comes on but is unhelpful, and Alzner/Petry have to rush on since Mete/Weber changed expecting (rightfully) a successful dump-in.
    Interesting. (I do feel bad for Petry, definitely doesn't deserve that -4 *and on for the PP goal against*. I've been there, those weird nights where you're just out there for every.goal.against.)

Be interesting to see if the last of the Cal road-trip is same ol' crap against Anaheim.

[ps. Hudon is going to join my Grabner/Connolly/Kovalchuk club if he continues to fire shots and not provide anything defensively.]

Interesting you mention Patry. With all the changes on D and with the need for big signing Alzner integrating asap, I felt Petry was going to be the most important Dman for the Habs this year - sure enough he has had a relatively mediocre start to the season and the Habs are 1-5-1 (ugh). Glad to hear last night's -4 might be explained as you have.

There is going to be a shakeup soon, no way this can continue. Seems more and more likely we'll be getting a dman from the Isles (maybe Hickey or DeHaan, or in a perfect world Leddy).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    There is going to be a shakeup soon, no way this can continue. Seems more and more likely we'll be getting a dman from the Isles (maybe Hickey or DeHaan, or in a perfect world Leddy).
    Who is going the other way?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

I think the Isles would give up DeHaan or HICKEY for a high draft pick or pick and decent prospect. They aren't even playing Pulock who can't break into the top 7. Then again the Isles are win now so maybe they want a current Nhl player. For Leddy we're probably talking Galchenyuk plus. Frankly I think DeHaan would be a reasonably good addition on the left side, but not sure how much of a difference he makes.

Obviously this is all total shot in the dark...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Frankly I think DeHaan would be a reasonably good addition on the left side, but not sure how much of a difference he makes.
    Any player that doesn't suck is a reasonably good addition because he would replace a player that sucks

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think the Isles would give up DeHaan or HICKEY for a high draft pick or pick and decent prospect. They aren't even playing Pulock who can't break into the top 7. Then again the Isles are win now so maybe they want a current Nhl player. For Leddy we're probably talking Galchenyuk plus. Frankly I think DeHaan would be a reasonably good addition on the left side, but not sure how much of a difference he makes.

Obviously this is all total shot in the dark...
    Pulock actually making his season debut tonight.

Add more fuel to the fire or tin foil to the cap lol
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

The Great One

It'd have to be picks/AHL players. We do have a few guys tearing it up in Laval right now. And Juulsen....why not trade another high end D prospect? We continue to rob Peter to pay Paul but Paul keeps pissing it away at the craps table. I do feel a little more patience is required. I do know Morrow and Hesmky are not NHL players. I'd rather see Terry or Scherbeck up vs Hemsky.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How much longer can this go before Bergevin is fired?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kgray View Post
    How much longer can this go before Bergevin is fired?
    GMs don't get fired often during the year so...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Tank for Dahlin? You need a stud D prospect afterall...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Tank for Dahlin? You need a stud D prospect afterall...
    There is a huge Habs fan in our office and we were discussing what direction they should go. Not sure how popular this would be with others and perhaps as a Leaf fan I have this false sense that tanking works since we managed to snag Matthews, but the consensus was that IF they are still floundering into December he would hope for a tank. It sucks to be too good for the lottery but not good enough for the playoffs...

Easier said than done with the two massive contracts - I get that. That said, once they start to play better (which they will at some point no doubt) and player values go up, if I am a fan I'd be hoping for it.

We will see what Moulson thinks I guess. Just hope he doesn't think bringing Roy into management (which supposedly he said is what he wanted today!) is a good idea.

This might be premature but I do wonder who would be up to the challenge of building them up again...?

The Great One

A true tank would require them to trade Price. As you said, his contract makes that VERY difficult. He has a 15 team allowable trade list as well which further complicates things. Bergevin is in a big hole here...completely of his own making. I agree Roy is not the answer. Nor is the tank in my opinion.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch