Page 377 of 606 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 387 427 477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I wouldn't do that that deal for thre Habs. Nylander can play the right side, where the Habs need more help. They have guys (Carr, Hudon) who can slide into the left side on their roster and shown the ability to play in the NHL (though Hudon needs some work to his 2-way game).
    I would trade Nylander, Hudon AND Carr for JVR and slide anyone on the other side! We are talking about JVR Golden... JVR !! He's 6.03, in his prime at 27 and has a 0.62ppg pace over his career and has flirted with 60pts in his last 2 full seasons. He plays the body and is responsible in his own end. He's ready NOW and can be inserted on the top line and play various roles. The Habs need to surround the current core of Price, Subban and Patches while they are all in their prime years.

There is no way I would not trade a prospect for a fully groomed player in his prime, but then again, there is no way the Leafs would ''give'' JVR away for such a small return...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Side topic, with the firing of Hartley in Calgary, any chance Bergevin goes over his word and fires Therrien in favour of Hartley?
    Agreed. For some reason and very sadly, they are sticking with Therrien... Holy man this is a depressing summer. I just hope we somehow hit a home run at 9th overall... just hope... like the Wings did with Larkin or something. I need a young talent to be excited about at forward.. Subban and Price are awesome on the back end but wouldn't it be something to have a young dominant forward with legs who was all over the ice? feels like we have a team of plugs and slugs.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I just hope we somehow hit a home run at 9th overall... just hope... like the Wings did with Larkin or something. I need a young talent to be excited about at forward.. Subban and Price are awesome on the back end but wouldn't it be something to have a young dominant forward with legs who was all over the ice? feels like we have a team of plugs and slugs.
    So true! I hope someone falls down far enough for the Habs to make that special selection (i.e. Forsberg who was pegged at 1-2 or 3 prior to his draft year and ended up going almost 10 spots later or a Larkin-type pick like you said where the young player develops fast and becomes a fixture right off the bat).

I know it's easier said than done, but I just hope that they won't risk that pick with a long shot player that will end up being a nice 4th liner!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Administrator

Plugs and slugs for the win!

- Marc Bergevin, 2016

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Watching the WC, I have to say, Martin Reway is absolutely useless. With all the crap this runt has stirred up this year and the performances he's put out, hopefully we never have to see him dawn the bleu, blanc et rouge.

Administrator

Watching the WC, I have to say, Martin Reway is absolutely useless. With all the crap this runt has stirred up this year and the performances he's put out, hopefully we never have to see him dawn the bleu, blanc et rouge.
    What kind of crap did he stir up this year?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    What kind of crap did he stir up this year?
    I remember reading about constant attitude problems, refusal to talk with the organization, trade demands and no desire to play for his last team. I'll see if I can dig it up. Just remember a few things that were raising red flags.

Administrator

I remember reading about constant attitude problems, refusal to talk with the organization, trade demands and no desire to play for his last team. I'll see if I can dig it up. Just remember a few things that were raising red flags.
    I'd have to know more before judging. Teams can pull stunts on players too.

Dobber Sports Giant

I didn't watch him play in this tourney, but I had heard good things about him in 2015 (end of season last year)... I guess I must have heard wrong; that or he didn't bring the same game this year.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd have to know more before judging. Teams can pull stunts on players too.
    He left Gatineau in the Q because he couldn't get along with his coach and demanded a trade.

He started off the 2015 season with Prague and was suspended by the team in October (while leading the league in scoring) because he again was unhappy with how he was being used by the team.

Maybe he's just unlucky...

Dobber Sports Expert

And they signed him to his 3-year ELC. ****.

I may eat my words but I just don't this kid's attitude. Hope they bury him in the minors for a couple of years.

Administrator

And they signed him to his 3-year ELC. ****.

I may eat my words but I just don't this kid's attitude. Hope they bury him in the minors for a couple of years.
    Reway won't be in the Habs' lineup anytime soon. I still think you're blowing this out of proportion though.

Dobber Sports Expert

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...ng-offers-habs

Habs have extended qualifying offers to Andrighetto, Carr, Danault & Barberio

Administrator

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...ng-offers-habs

Habs have extended qualifying offers to Andrighetto, Carr, Danault & Barberio
    The first three are not surprising at all but I'm glad they qualified Barberio.

Dobber Sports Expert

The first three are not surprising at all but I'm glad they qualified Barberio.
    He provides a little depth a position they are lack depth at. I would agree.