Page 31 of 607 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 81 131 531 ... LastLast

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

And to think of it, if that shot by Cammalleri that hit Chara in the foot had gone in the open net instead, Julien would probably be without a job right now. It's a fine line in sports these days.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the Habs were the Bruins' toughest opponent this playoff...
    easily...it basically came down to a few lucky bounces. I think the Habs have proven that they have the depth, discipline and goaltending to hang with anyone...eliminating the Caps and Pens last year and then taking the eventual cup champs to the brink this year. I think if the team can stay healthy going into the post-season and tweak a few small things they could easily surprise everyone next year

Dobber Sports Giant

And to think of it, if that shot by Cammalleri that hit Chara in the foot had gone in the open net instead, Julien would probably be without a job right now. It's a fine line in sports these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    easily...it basically came down to a few lucky bounces. I think the Habs have proven that they have the depth, discipline and goaltending to hang with anyone...eliminating the Caps and Pens last year and then taking the eventual cup champs to the brink this year. I think if the team can stay healthy going into the post-season and tweak a few small things they could easily surprise everyone next year
    Exactly! Sure, there's still a lot to do hoping to win the cup, but we're heading into the right direction.

Administrator

Yeah by no means am I saying the Habs could have won the Cup. I was just pointing out how close that series was and how much the situation could be different in Boston. They were on the verge of a sure coaching change as we know, hiring a new coach can be a total disaster.

Banned

I'm not sure how reliable this 'source' is, but apparently the Jagr to Habs rumors might have some validity:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...rury_pact.html

A source told The News Friday that Jagr's talks with NHL teams are more than just a ploy to get more money out of the Russian team Avangard Omsk, where he has played three seasons. The source said Jagr likely will wind up with the Canadiens.

Banned

Administrator

Interesting regarding the Jagr rumor. I still stand by what I said previously. Jagr, like a few other key players on the Habs, doesn't show up every night. So while he's an improvement overall, he wouldn't do anything to help other players break out of their slumps. When he's cold, he can be useless. Plus it's only a short-term thing.

Banned

Interesting regarding the Jagr rumor. I still stand by what I said previously. Jagr, like a few other key players on the Habs, doesn't show up every night. So while he's an improvement overall, he wouldn't do anything to help other players break out of their slumps. When he's cold, he can be useless. Plus it's only a short-term thing.
    yeah I see no reason to acquire him, I'd rather see them develop their youth properly and continue to hone that team...its not a flashy team but its solid top to bottom (well, no size or muscle really, but they make up for that in speed that most teams can't match)

Administrator

It's not the size that worries me. I look at the champs and it wasn't Zdeno Chara that was their most effective dman, it was a smaller Dennis Seidenberg. Brad Marchand was better than Milan Lucic. It's fine having a few big tough guys scattered throughout the lineup to back up the smaller guys when things get rough, but I would say that the smaller and quicker player is more effective these days. I think the Habs missed the boat around the deadline when Zack Stortini was on waivers. He's a good fighter and has 2 seasons with over 10 points which is solid for an enforcer.

Stortini played for my hometown Wolves, so you know he's a great one. That's the same organization that produced outstanding top-10 picks such as Paul Mara, Taylor Pyatt and Benoit Pouliot...
    Last edited by ericdaoust; June 19, 2011 at 2:35 AM.

Administrator

The Habs have signed Max Pacioretty to a two-year contract worth 3.25 million total. This is an excellent signing IMO. The salary is very cap-friendly (cap hit of 1.625 million) which is in the range of several enforcers around the league who play 5-6 minutes per game. The term is perfect because anything longer would be too much given the neck situation.

The deal gives the team a lot of flexibility to add pieces elsewhere on the roster which will help Pacioretty on the ice. In turn, this can help raise his value for down the road when his next contract is due.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Habs have signed Max Pacioretty to a two-year contract worth 3.25 million total. This is an excellent signing IMO. The salary is very cap-friendly (cap hit of 1.625 million) which is in the range of several enforcers around the league who play 5-6 minutes per game. The term is perfect because anything longer would be too much given the neck situation.

The deal gives the team a lot of flexibility to add pieces elsewhere on the roster which will help Pacioretty on the ice. In turn, this can help raise his value for down the road when his next contract is due.

Agree 100% Eric. Max is probably the comeback story I'm most excited about this coming season. If he can regain his form he's exactly what the Habs need more of. Here's to hoping he has a complete recovery and regains/retains that edge which made him so effective.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Habs have signed D.Desharnais to a two years, one way contract.
    750K and 950K.
    Great signing!
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Habs have signed D.Desharnais to a two years, one way contract.
    750K and 950K.
    Great signing!
    As much as I raved about the Pacioretty signing, this one is even better in terms of value. Think of it this way, if a guy can post 40-50 points for 850k on the salary cap, the team is in much better shape. Add in that Desharnais is very capable in all game situations.

It's nice to have two bargain players offsetting the inflated salaries that dominate the top of the roster.

Dobber Sports Giant

As much as I raved about the Pacioretty signing, this one is even better in terms of value. Think of it this way, if a guy can post 40-50 points for 850k on the salary cap, the team is in much better shape. Add in that Desharnais is very capable in all game situations.

It's nice to have two bargain players offsetting the inflated salaries that dominate the top of the roster.
    Can't agree more with you my friend! I like this one a lot.

Now, we only need to sign Gorges and Markov!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Can't agree more with you my friend! I like this one a lot.

Now, we only need to sign Gorges and Markov!

Yes! Great signing for a team that needs cap friendly committee offense. Hope the D can get sorted out soon. I know this has been posed elsewhere, but do you guys see any chance Wiz signs or is he just waiting for July 01st for a big contract elsewhere?