Page 240 of 606 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

I don't see how Galchenyuk will make a move to center this year. Seems like an other year at wing for him.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I don't see how Galchenyuk will make a move to center this year. Seems like an other year at wing for him.
    He will probably move up the depth chart though with Gionta gone.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Heard any rumblings on Plekanec being traded? Speculation is that he may be dealt since no one will take on Desharnais' shitty contract

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Heard any rumblings on Plekanec being traded? Speculation is that he may be dealt since no one will take on Desharnais' shitty contract
    That one has been talked about in short bursts over the years and I just don't see it. Plek does so much for the team, basically allowing Desharnais to be used in a more offensive role.

Dobber Sports Expert

How? Gionta played exclusively RW, and Galchenyuk LW...

Gionta has been replaced by Parenteau (Briere was on the 4th line)
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

That one has been talked about in short bursts over the years and I just don't see it. Plek does so much for the team, basically allowing Desharnais to be used in a more offensive role.
    Bergevin needs to trade Desharnais and allow Galchenyuk to develop his game at center. By moving Desharnais, it lets Galchenyuk the time to learn the center position while being used in a offensive role which is going to be much easier than playing tough minutes on Plek's LW (Which I don't mind that much since he's learning the game with one of the game's premier two-way center).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Master

I think it'll be Eller that's moved. I don't see them trading DD or Plucky Duck at this point, if they are of the mind to win now. Could be worse than having depth at C, traditionally a position of dearth for the Habs..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Whatever trade eventually takes place to move a center out is pretty far down the road. I can see them continuing with the current setup for another year or two.

Dobber Sports Master

Whatever trade eventually takes place to move a center out is pretty far down the road. I can see them continuing with the current setup for another year or two.
    Yeah I can see that. It kills me that Galchenyuk is playing out of his natural position, but then again a dynamic hockey player should be able to adapt. I hope we can see a full season out of him. Montreal has been starved for an offensive star since what, the days of Mark Recchi and Vincent Damphousse? Kovalev gave us 2/4 years too and Koivu was a star in his early years, but injuries got to him quick. A la Galchenyuk........
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Yeah I can see that. It kills me that Galchenyuk is playing out of his natural position, but then again a dynamic hockey player should be able to adapt. I hope we can see a full season out of him. Montreal has been starved for an offensive star since what, the days of Mark Recchi and Vincent Damphousse? Kovalev gave us 2/4 years too and Koivu was a star in his early years, but injuries got to him quick. A la Galchenyuk........

I too think it's tough to watch Galchenyuk not get reps at center, for his development, but the current roster doesn't really support it. Not too concerned, he'll learn by osmosis watching Plekanec and even Eller, and once it's his turn he seems like the type of player who will learn fast, including in terms of faceoff ability.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I too think it's tough to watch Galchenyuk not get reps at center, for his development, but the current roster doesn't really support it. Not too concerned, he'll learn by osmosis watching Plekanec and even Eller, and once it's his turn he seems like the type of player who will learn fast, including in terms of faceoff ability.
    Totally agree... depth at center is so important, and he'll be relied on whenever one if the three centers ahead of him is injured. His time will come at center, but it is nothing to be worry about right now. I don't think the wait will be that long though... At some point next season, I expect him to move permanently at center... with the odd man out being Plekanec, who will be in the last year of his contract. He'll turn 32 weeks after the start of the next season, and he could be trade bait during the offseason, if Eller shows he can handle his defensive responsibilities.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Totally agree... depth at center is so important, and he'll be relied on whenever one if the three centers ahead of him is injured. His time will come at center, but it is nothing to be worry about right now. I don't think the wait will be that long though... At some point next season, I expect him to move permanently at center... with the odd man out being Plekanec, who will be in the last year of his contract. He'll turn 32 weeks after the start of the next season, and he could be trade bait during the offseason, if Eller shows he can handle his defensive responsibilities.
    Yes that makes lots of sense, Plekanec to me is the obvious candidate to move with Eller taking on the 2nd line C role, although some still believe Eller will only ever be suited to a 3rd line C role (I disagree). Also will be telling if Sekac progresses to the point where he is a top 9 fixture and also an option for spot duty in the top 6, then that much more winger depth to enable a move by Galchy to C.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I hope to God he does not learn anything from Eller other than maybe learning how to speak Danish. This guy needs to learn from elite Centres not on this roster, in summer training. He is far and away the most talented centre on the team and I hope he can turn into the top line C this team needs. It'll be hard to do it from the wing, but I agree he seems like those sponge type players and will absorb the role quickly. He needs to start hitting his stride in a steep development curb. He needs to play a lot of hockey to do that, though (which he has not done since his junior days, really).
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure if many know about this, but I came across it yesterday.

http://www.reddit.com/r/habsgames

Have been re-watching the 24CH episodes. Can't wait for the season to start.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

I found it interesting how there was infinitely more debate about Subban's contract over in the thread dedicated to that news and barely anything mentioned here. I'm not sure what to make of it. We're debating Eller and the centermen more than Subban. Seems to me like people that are not fans of the team have a stronger opinion about it than we do.

On a related note, I covered Subban in Capped this week: http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Capped/eric-daoust