Page 237 of 607 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 247 287 337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Georges move either, especially the way it was handled, but I think Gilbert and Beaulieu could take over next year.

Still waiting for MB to get his act together and sign PK soon. We all know he's worth the money.
    I wonder how much the Gorges handling affects the team's chances of signing or re-signing free agents. If a player sees another player (one considered a fan favourite and a locker room leader) treated this way, maybe it makes the free agent more hesitant to sign in Montreal.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Georges move either, especially the way it was handled, but I think Gilbert and Beaulieu could take over next year.

Still waiting for MB to get his act together and sign PK soon. We all know he's worth the money.
    I wonder how much the Gorges handling affects the team's chances of signing or re-signing free agents. If a player sees another player (one considered a fan favourite and a locker room leader) treated this way, maybe it makes the free agent more hesitant to sign in Montreal.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I would say probably not much, given that the World seems to be trending away from that kind of principled solidarity and more towards the: "well, that was him, I am me, I need to get mine now anyway, so eff it..." It is short-sighted, but I get the feeling the world is becoming more and more short-sighted.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I would say probably not much, given that the World seems to be trending away from that kind of principled solidarity and more towards the: "well, that was him, I am me, I need to get mine now anyway, so eff it..." It is short-sighted, but I get the feeling the world is becoming more and more short-sighted.
    You're wrong! (sent from my smart phone while ignoring the world around me)

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You're wrong! (sent from my smart phone while ignoring the world around me)
    lmao. that was amazing. +1
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Star

MTL already as a tough time attracting free agents. I'm pretty sure it won't help them in the short term.

Dobber Sports Star

MTL already as a tough time attracting free agents. I'm pretty sure it won't help them in the short term.

Administrator

I doubt it does much. It don't think it hurt them this year as they went the economical route and didn't even have to overpay for the guys they did sign. (all of this was happening while the Gorges trade happened)

Meanwhile plenty of other teams do it to their different personnel in some way. Even Chicago brought in about 23 former head coaches into their organization waiting for the team to go into a slump so they could can Dennis Savard and have his replacement already in-house.

Dobber Sports Master

I suppose they had to clear space for Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn to take over, but what a way to do it. The decision may have been needed in the end, but I did not like the approach... Makes you cringe. He was still very useful, Gorges, and at 3.9M, paid correctly IMO for what he brought. We better hope those 3 can hit the ground running... big hole to fill and the NHL is a steep learning curve to climb, if not a learning wall. We'll have to deal with growing pains.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

I suppose they had to clear space for Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn to take over, but what a way to do it. The decision may have been needed in the end, but I did not like the approach... Makes you cringe. He was still very useful, Gorges, and at 3.9M, paid correctly IMO for what he brought. We better hope those 3 can hit the ground running... big hole to fill and the NHL is a steep learning curve to climb, if not a learning wall. We'll have to deal with growing pains.
    Problem is, those three youngsters won't be filling in this season. Subban, Markov, Gilbert, Weaver, and Emelin are your top five guys. So you'll probably have Beaulieu and Tinordi taking turns as the sixth defenceman.

Dobber Sports Master

Problem is, those three youngsters won't be filling in this season. Subban, Markov, Gilbert, Weaver, and Emelin are your top five guys. So you'll probably have Beaulieu and Tinordi taking turns as the sixth defenceman.
    Agreed, but my guess is that Gilbert will not be a lasting solution and will eventually fall the way Murray did. Also, while Weaver was solid in the playoff run, I'm not so sure he will be a rock in the top 4. He is more a 5-6 to me. Which means one of those 3 will be top 4 for sure at some point in the season and Tinordi and Pateryn will rotate in and out of the lineup..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Any insight on why Brisebois left?

He cited personal issues but I hope it was issues of an entirely personal nature and not a philosophical difference problem with management (see: Pat Lafontaine etc... then again, whatever, but still). Also, I do hope that if it is stuff of an entirely personal nature, that I hope he and his are ok and that it can be resolved quickly and well for him..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

No clue about Brisebois although I have been way too busy with work to keep up with hockey. This might be my last post here for the next 1-2 weeks. Heading out west and working a ton of hours.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How many goals will Max Pac score this season??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Agreed, but my guess is that Gilbert will not be a lasting solution and will eventually fall the way Murray did. Also, while Weaver was solid in the playoff run, I'm not so sure he will be a rock in the top 4. He is more a 5-6 to me. Which means one of those 3 will be top 4 for sure at some point in the season and Tinordi and Pateryn will rotate in and out of the lineup..
    No one in the Habs organization has ever said that Mike Weaver will play in the top4.

He's going to be a #5-6-7 for the Habs, nothing more. Unless there is an injury to a right-handed D, he's not going to play top4 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    How many goals will Max Pac score this season??
    I'd say between 37-42.
    twitter: @hugotwigg