Page 234 of 607 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Some unresolved issues:
    -Bourque must go ASAP
    Also Moen.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Also Moen.
    I can't ask for too much. This is pushing it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

I can't ask for too much. This is pushing it.
    Lol! yeah both need to happen. Moen had his time and it's time to go. Bourque had good playoffs but I don't see him translating that into and OK season.

Man, 3 months until the start of the season! Long summer ahead!
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Pro

Neither issues of Moen and Bourque are going to be resolved today, I just walked across Marc Bergevin having dinner with his family in a restaurant in the Mile-End.

It's crazy how easily I forget thesr men still have daily lives to live.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Neither issues of Moen and Bourque are going to be resolved today, I just walked across Marc Bergevin having dinner with his family in a restaurant in the Mile-End.

It's crazy how easily I forget thesr men still have daily lives to live.
    Yeah, but hopefully it gets done before everyone remembers that Bourque sucks.

Dobber Sports Stud

The way the Gorges deal was handled is very disappointing, IMO.

When you keep yapping about the importance of having character and leadership on your team, you should show more respect to a guy who by most accounts has been exemplary on both counts.

Fine if you have to deal him, but if he has submitted a list of teams to which he'd accept a trade, why in heaven's name would you go ahead and concoct a trade with a team that does not appear on the list -and a hated division rival to boot? Of course he will say no. That was the point of the darn list!!!

I really feel like they've screwed the pooch here. To make matters worse, the whole thing was leaked (like you need another reason not to trade with the Laffs) and I feel they were forced into getting subpar return.

And now, you're stuck with Gilbert on the second pairing, which, although I admittedly have not watched a whole lot of Panthers hockey last season (ok, zero Panthers hockey), does not inspire confidence as far as I'm concerned --I mean, seriously, the guy came within a hair of not having a job in the NHL a year ago.

Unless Emelin suddenly becomes a stud playing on his natural side, I really feel our D will be weaker next year --not to mention the loss of leadership in the room.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The way the Gorges deal was handled is very disappointing, IMO.
    Fine if you have to deal him, but if he has submitted a list of teams to which he'd accept a trade, why in heaven's name would you go ahead and concoct a trade with a team that does not appear on the list -and a hated division rival to boot? Of course he will say no. That was the point of the darn list!!!
    leafs offered franson, which is a much better return than a 2nd round pick, also he is a RH vs gorges LH which they have excess of. so of course habs tried to get him to waive since it would make their team better, unfortunately for them it didnt pan out so they settled for the next best offer, a high 2nd round pick.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

From what I have read, it is not even a high 2nd round pick. The pick traded by BUF for Gorges was in fact the MIN 2nd rounder.

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah, but hopefully it gets done before everyone remembers that Bourque sucks.
    In MTL, that won't take long.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Administrator

Habs signed TJ Hensick (remember him?) to play in Hamilton this year. If anything he'll help some of the prospects post better numbers as he has had a lot of success down in the minors.

Banned

Habs signed TJ Hensick (remember him?) to play in Hamilton this year. If anything he'll help some of the prospects post better numbers as he has had a lot of success down in the minors.
    Why would they do that? He's a bust, why the hell waste a spot on the roster of promising prospects?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Akkei View Post
    From what I have read, it is not even a high 2nd round pick. The pick traded by BUF for Gorges was in fact the MIN 2nd rounder.
    interesting, i thought it was buffalo's but i guess that makes more sense as to why the habs were pushing for the toronto deal.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Don't like the way it all happened, but at the end of the day, the Habs are a better team with Parenteau, Malhotra and Gilbert than with Brière, White and Gorges. Gilbert is a better puck mover than Gorges, and is underrated on the PK. The fact that he is right handed solves a logjam on the left side. Also bigger than Gorges, which can't be overlook.

I was expecting a better D to replace Gorges, but as one reporter asked Bergevin yesterday, the extra cap space might be there jut in case an idiot GM gives PK a 11 M$ offer sheet for 7 years.

Gilbert is a bargain at $2.8M per for 2 years. It is a very positive sign that he took that deal (and Malhotra took close to league minimum), it shows that the Habs are once again a desired destination for players looking to win now, Bergevin's been huge in that regard.

Gilbert's exactly what the Habs need - putting him with Emelin is a nice 2nd pairing, puck moving skill and reasonably good defensively, although Gilbert has had a history (Oilers and then Wild) of sometimes committing bad gafffes defensively. But overall he's a quite positive Corsi player and being right-handed is huge. Now you have Subban, Gilbert, Weaver as your top 3 on the right side, and Emelin can go back to his natural side.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    How do Habs fans feel about the way Gorges was dissed? He was popular with the fans I know, I'm not sure why they felt they had to get rid of him, and for Gilbert nonetheless.

First off, I am a big fan, a HUGE fan, of Mr. Josh Gorges. This is a guy who came out of nowhere, smallish and without a high amount of skill, but with guts and determination turned into a very valuable top 4 dman and a major leader in the room.

I am very sad to see him go.

However, when you can sign Gilbert and Weaver for a total of $4.55 and Gorges costs you $3.9M for another FOUR YEARS, and you need to create cap space for Subban and Eller (and Galchy and Gallagher soon), make room for Beaulie and Tinordi to get ice time, and then when you take into account that Gorges style of play makes him increasingly prone to injury and loss of effectiveness, this move was a NO-BRAINER for Bergevin.

Same goes for Gionta, love that player and he will be missed, but he wanted too much term and money and in the end, for he and his family, Buffalo (near hometown of Rochester) makes perfect sense. A younger-legged Jiri Sekac now gets the opportunity to play a similar role, and he's hungry.

Our D with Gilbert and Weaver for full seasons, and with a healthy Emelin playing his natural side, and Beaulieu and Tinordi being eased in with 6th/7th pairing roles (and for Beaulieu with some PP2 time), will be in good shape this year.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    First off, I am a big fan, a HUGE fan, of Mr. Josh Gorges. This is a guy who came out of nowhere, smallish and without a high amount of skill, but with guts and determination turned into a very valuable top 4 dman and a major leader in the room.

I am very sad to see him go.

However, when you can sign Gilbert and Weaver for a total of $4.55 and Gorges costs you $3.9M for another FOUR YEARS, and you need to create cap space for Subban and Eller (and Galchy and Gallagher soon), make room for Beaulie and Tinordi to get ice time, and then when you take into account that Gorges style of play makes him increasingly prone to injury and loss of effectiveness, this move was a NO-BRAINER for Bergevin.

Same goes for Gionta, love that player and he will be missed, but he wanted too much term and money and in the end, for he and his family, Buffalo (near hometown of Rochester) makes perfect sense. A younger-legged Jiri Sekac now gets the opportunity to play a similar role, and he's hungry.

Our D with Gilbert and Weaver for full seasons, and with a healthy Emelin playing his natural side, and Beaulieu and Tinordi being eased in with 6th/7th pairing roles (and for Beaulieu with some PP2 time), will be in good shape this year.
    Fair enough, that makes some good sense and I appreciate the solid argument (not much of that going on around here lately ).

I always felt that Gionta was overrated and Gorges underated on MTL but the salaries told a different story so that is why this seems like a weak move from where I am sitting. I just don't understand them keeping Markov over Gorges in this scenario