Page 225 of 606 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Ok, I'm slowly recovering from last night. I'm getting too old for this. Can't take that level of stress. I can't even imagine if this somehow ends up in a Game 7.

We should expect the sustained pressure for long periods of time. The Bruins are a formidable hockey machine and it's no suprise they'll control/dominate long stretches. That said, I'm hopeful the Habs will play better going forward --can't really get that much worse. The layoff was a long one and the lack of cohesion in the play was to be expected. You're also playing game one in an intimidating arena. At least now home ice advantage is nullified.

Not sure what's up with Vanek, he's been pretty terrible since game 3 againt the Lightning, but this was by far his worse showing. I assumed he was playing hurt, but I was actually suprised to see how much time on ice he actually got. It was low for sure, but higher than I actually thought. I literally did not see him for most of the game. Would have liked to see Briere on the ice more, but he wasn't having a great night either. When guys like Vanek, Pacioretty aren't showing up, it'd be nice to be able to rely on Briere to bring in some offense.

I wonder if Doug Murray will be slotted in. I'd think we could use his size. Then again, Weaver and Bouillon can't be faulted --they had a pretty solid game, considering. Maybe play 7 Ds?

In a weird way, I'd rather win game 1 like this. I'd imagine it's frustrating as hell to lose a game you've dominated. And I'm crossing my fingers that Rask is just a little perplexed at his inablity to win against the Habs.

Dobber Sports Master

Go HABS GO!!! Bruins are stupid!! What an OT2!!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

Any Habs fans remember Terry Ryan? He was drafted by the Habs in the first round in 1995.

Anyways, he has a book out now called Tales of a First Round Nothing. http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-First-Rou...rds=terry+ryan

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Any Habs fans remember Terry Ryan? He was drafted by the Habs in the first round in 1995.

Anyways, he has a book out now called Tales of a First Round Nothing. http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-First-Rou...rds=terry+ryan
    Yes I heard about this on the radio! Thanks for posting and reminding me. Great gift idea too. Oh man was the science of drafting non existent then.. Some horrible drafts in the late 80s and 90s.. Almost shots in the dark compared to now.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Ahh Terry Ryan. Touted to be a 1st line power forward with soft hands. His junior numbers certainly indicated as much. I'm sure it's a nice read and I love that kind of stuff but boy is that ever an apt title. Kid busted pretty badly.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1995e.html

A certain somebody drafted a couple spots down turned out to be pretty good. Hurts to look back and see what was left on the board...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

New playoff forum rule: Nobody is to refer to the post 1992-1993 seasons, otherwise know as the Dark Ages. Please.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    New playoff forum rule: Nobody is to refer to the post 1992-1993 seasons, otherwise know as the Dark Ages. Please.
    That includes the pyjama/jail uniform era so I'm all for it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Anyone knows what's the Habs record in afternoon games in the last few years? I feel like they're never particularly good in such games?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Anyone knows what's the Habs record in afternoon games in the last few years? I feel like they're never particularly good in such games?
    0-4 this year I believe. My sentiments are F NBC and F the Kentucky Derby

Dobber Sports Veteran

Holy hell, writing this while the first period is coming to a close: How many missed opportunities to get the puck out of the defensive zone that period? Incredible.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Holy hell, writing this while the first period is coming to a close: How many missed opportunities to get the puck out of the defensive zone that period? Incredible.
    Yeah, the Habs have a lot of trouble passing the puck. Hopefully, they'll improve as the game goes on.

Administrator

Crazy theory: actually trying to create offense instead of throwing the puck around randomly has good results. Might be wrong though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Big Bad Bruins losing their cool.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Carey Price for Prime Minister.