Page 217 of 606 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 227 267 317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    You could almost do this up in advance. Habs get outshot, score three goals or less. MaxPac and Vanek looked dangerous all night. Price was great.

Just depends on how many goals they let in.
    lol way too true. Tough test in DET who have been playing lights-out while in the hunt to remain in playoff position. Montreal has been no slouch either and you have to figure that they're rolling after having taken down the Bruins. Sure the BUF game was sloppy but aren't all games against that team!? lol.

I think they pull this one out but the speed and ability of Nyqvist and Tatar are going to give the Habs D fits all night. Outside Subban (and Beaulieu when he's in the lineup), the Habs D isn't exactly the most fleet of foot, which is weird to say for a Habs team... Historically the whole team skates really well and it is their strength. They're gonna be busy, 'cause Nyqvist and Tatar are gonna be buzzin'.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Prust is a great sparkplug so why not use him to try to create spaces for Pacioretty and one of the slacking centers? Why break up what was working to improve the depth lines? Like I said he better be right about this because it won't take long to fall out of the playoff race entirely.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Barn burner!!!!!!!!!! Goals galore and some wicked goaltending plays from Howard. This game is all street hockey style. Tonnes of skill and speed and ridiculous accurate shots and nifty plays. Awesome game. Let's hope the Habs pull it out! Nyqvist and Tatar are BUZZING!
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Bam! Big win! Habs looked great offensively (minus the 5 on 3 pp stretch..). They moved the puck well in the offensive zone. Great back and forth action. Very entertaining. +1 for that. Carey's numbers take a hit but those were some unreal shots they buried on him. All in all I think the Habs build on this.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

I only saw highlights. Alumni night was a much bigger success than I thought. We were five speakers in all and it took four hours to get everyone through. I got home at like 11 PM.

Administrator

Another busy stretch of days for me. Must say though, last year the Habs were 2nd in the East and this year they will most likely finish 3rd or 4th. Regardless of complaints there is something here beyond just a decent team.

Administrator

Canadiens 1, Lightning 3

Random notes:

• Price was excellent. Tons of great saves. Could have easily been 5 or 6 goals on Tampa's side.
    • Habs were terrible defensively. Couldn't get the puck out of the zone. This is what happens when Subban plays less than 18 minutes.
    • The top line had a pretty bad game. Not much happening there. The team needs them to be better because the scoring isn't coming consistently from the other trios.
    • Eller is awful. Too many chances for him. He needs to sit for a while. He is not useful right now.
    • Not going to do like some of the homers at this site whenever their team's player gets out of line. Murray should be gone for a few. Wouldn't be surprised if it's around 5 games, maybe a bit more. It was a reactionary elbow to the head. Careless.

Dobber Sports Guru

Way too many third period penalties. What did they get? Five? Emelin with two back-to-back. Just brutal.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Way too many third period penalties. What did they get? Five? Emelin with two back-to-back. Just brutal.
    The one on Emelin for tripping in the offensive zone was an awful call. But yeah in the big picture this team finds ways to give the opponents plenty of power plays...

- - - Updated - - -

Phone hearing for Murray. I believe that means 5 games or less.

Dobber Sports Expert

Subban with the least minutes of all defenseman. Last even-strenght minute. WHen will Therrien learn to ride his best player 25-30 minutes a night? *sigh*
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Subban with the least minutes of all defenseman. Last even-strenght minute. WHen will Therrien learn to ride his best player 25-30 minutes a night? *sigh*
    FYI: Subban is averaging just short of 25 minutes per game over the course of the regular season.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Administrator

So guys... what to make of Lars Eller? Tons of upside here but how long does he have to continue to suck? If only Subban had this many chances before a benching...

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    So guys... what to make of Lars Eller? Tons of upside here but how long does he have to continue to suck? If only Subban had this many chances before a benching...
    I think the problem with Eller (and most of the guys not named Subban) is how he was handled from the beginning of the season. He and his line was on fire at the start, but it didn't lead to more ice time, or powerplay time. There was no reward.

When Eller didn't play well, the same thing. No matter how well or poorly he plays, there's no change for him. He must feel like he's stuck in a position, and no matter what he does, nothing changes.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

I think the problem with Eller (and most of the guys not named Subban) is how he was handled from the beginning of the season. He and his line was on fire at the start, but it didn't lead to more ice time, or powerplay time. There was no reward.

When Eller didn't play well, the same thing. No matter how well or poorly he plays, there's no change for him. He must feel like he's stuck in a position, and no matter what he does, nothing changes.
    That is one aspect that's been brought up a bunch of times this year. Last year everything was wide open. That allowed Gallagher to go from healthy scratch on opening night to the scoring lines through merit. This year the coach is more attached to the vets and there is 0% chance of the Gallagher example repeating itself. Example: Bournival.

Regardless of that, Eller is still in a contract year. I believe the QO is 1.5 million. Even a third liner can earn good dough through solid two-way play. The only "two-way" part about Eller's game these days is taking penalties in the offensive zone which gives work to the team's other "two-way" players.

Administrator

Murray gets three games.