Page 216 of 606 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Are you implying that Tinordi's roster position is inversely proportional to his height?
    lol. He just needs to play with a sharp mind. I'd have actually thrown him back out there... He'll be an ok defenceman.. Not a star, but adequate. Future #4.. A la Craig Rivet but hopefully a bit nastier. We need nasty size. Not just size.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Looks like Bourque is a top-9 forward again.
    Eller did this to himself. If he would play less like he's scared of the puck he would still be on the third line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    lol. He just needs to play with a sharp mind. I'd have actually thrown him back out there... He'll be an ok defenceman.. Not a star, but adequate. Future #4.. A la Craig Rivet but hopefully a bit nastier. We need nasty size. Not just size.
    Tinordi is also a good fighter for when the moment calls for it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Tinordi is also a good fighter for when the moment calls for it.
    Ya he is pretty good. I hope he can become a speedier, more reliable Douglas Murray, with a better shot. We need gross nasty mean size, with speed, a decent first pass and an accurate shot. About 3 of those guys on defence. Is that too much to ask?
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Sorry again for a lack of in-depth coverage. This time I'm prepping for a 15-minute Alumni night presentation at the university that I attended. Trying to get it all done before my hockey writing commitments kick in.

Overall, solid game for Habs. They are handling the garbage a lot better these days. Let the crybabies put themselves in trouble and win. Budaj was back to being very good in his backup role.

Only problem is this team gets trapped in its own end for too long. This is an area where Beaulieu was helping with his speed and passing abilities.

Dobber Sports Master

Only problem is this team gets trapped in its own end for too long. This is an area where Beaulieu was helping with his speed and passing abilities.
    They did this all game and Budaj bailed them out OFTEN. Boullion made several really bad turnovers. Solid citizen and I love the guy, but you gotta figure Beaulieu can handle the zone exits much better.. If only we could have Bouillon's heart and physical presence, with Beaulieu's zone exit skills, we'd have a good defenceman. Can we somehow mutate Murray with Tinordi and Bouillon with Beaulieu? That would be two solid defenceman to add to the back end..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    They did this all game and Budaj bailed them out OFTEN. Boullion made several really bad turnovers. Solid citizen and I love the guy, but you gotta figure Beaulieu can handle the zone exits much better.. If only we could have Bouillon's heart and physical presence, with Beaulieu's zone exit skills, we'd have a good defenceman. Can we somehow mutate Murray with Tinordi and Bouillon with Beaulieu? That would be two solid defenceman to add to the back end..
    I think Tinordi is already there physically. Dude hits like a truck already. His reads are bad though and with his size his first step is always going to be a tad slow. Can't afford to fall out of position. Normal for his age.

I actually think both guys are basically ready. Nothing wrong with not overwhelming them though.

Dobber Sports Master

I actually think both guys are basically ready. Nothing wrong with not overwhelming them though.
    I think you're probably right. If we were in true rebuild, we'd let them play but nothing wrong with keeping them as part timers I guess. Next year they'll likely take over. Bouillon and Murray know they are stop gaps. Their best days are behind. Can't wait for this team to grow into a force. I get a good feeling about them with guys like McCarron, DeLaRose and such in the pipes...

Here's to hoping! Focus tonight is on BUF.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

My take on last night's 2-0 win over Buffalo:

If I had skipped the game entirely and wrote a report based on the final score I would have written that the game was probably sloppy with tons of time in the Buffalo end and a lack of finish due to said sloppiness.

But since I actually watched the game, I can confirm that the game was sloppy with tons of time in the Buffalo end and a lack of finish due to said sloppiness.

Dobber Sports Guru

Goal scoring still an issue. In the last 10 games, Montreal has scored two or fewer seven times. Even winning six of their last seven, they've scored two or less four times in that time.

The powerplay was horrific last night. In the second period, with six-plus minutes of PP time, they got one shot.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Goal scoring still an issue. In the last 10 games, Montreal has scored two or fewer seven times. Even winning six of their last seven, they've scored two or less four times in that time.

The powerplay was horrific last night. In the second period, with six-plus minutes of PP time, they got one shot.
    On the PP it wasn't just a lack of finish. They had trouble just entering the zone and keeping the puck there. Sloppy all around with blind passes and guys not paying attention. The ineffective play of passing the puck off the end boards to nobody happened entirely too often.

Dobber Sports Master

Awful.... Sometimes I wish I had been alive and a conscious adult in the 50s or 70s to see a Habs team that could consistently put in over 4 goals a game.. Granted, different era goaltenders etc. but an offensive juggernaut. When was the Habs' last offensive juggernaut..... Offense back in the day with Recchi and Damphousse I guess wasn't bad.. But man...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

This image from last night is hilarious!

Administrator

Mac Bennett signed a two-year ELC with the Habs. Should help things down in Hamilton when Tinordi and Beaulieu make the jump permanently.

Administrator

Not sure how much of the game I am going to miss tonight but hopefully I don't get back home too late from alumni night...

Dobber Sports Guru

Not sure how much of the game I am going to miss tonight but hopefully I don't get back home too late from alumni night...
    You could almost do this up in advance. Habs get outshot, score three goals or less. MaxPac and Vanek looked dangerous all night. Price was great.

Just depends on how many goals they let in.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid