Page 208 of 606 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

I assume that Murray and Bouillon will rotate while the other 5 are safe until there is an injury.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Canadiens 3, Capitals 2

Overall thoughts

After a slow start the Habs were able to take over the game and control the play for the most part. It was a bit of an odd game because the Caps are able to produce great scoring chances but then get stuck in their own end for long stretches of time.

While the Habs did play well I found they gave up far to many breakaways and once again sat back on their heels in the third period.

Petr Budaj

Outstanding backup. He has really embraced the role and has learned to adapt to coming off the bench cold to play once in a blue moon. Lots of key saves against Washington. They could have tied the game easily.

David Desharnais

He scored his first goal but more importantly was very aggressive. I wonder if the demotions and healthy scratches put him back in hungry "prove myself" mode. Regardless, the team is much better when he shows up ready to contribute than when he doesn't.

PK Subban

I found he was quiet and when he did touch the puck he tried to do too much. He would be better off letting the game come to him and playing efficiently when the puck comes to him. The opportunities for the big plays will come. He can get points just by making smart plays.

Daniel Briere

He also scored a goal and looks a lot more confident with the puck. Like in Desharnais' case, the team is better when he is contributing.

Alexei Emelin

He took a dumb penalty which led to the first Capitals' goal but for the most part looks great out there. I find he is skating better than before his injury. Looks like he found Sheldon Souray's surgeon.

Brian Gionta

I find he skated better than normally in this game and did a better job backchecking. My expectations for him are at an all-time low so I'll take any positive I can get.

Michael Bournival

He had an assist and was injured blocking a shot late. Even with limited ice time he provides great quality minutes.
    Last edited by Atomic Wedgy; April 3, 2014 at 2:54 AM.

Administrator

Penguins 2, Canadiens 3

Overall thoughts

Great job clean-sweeping the weekend against a pair of formidable opponents. Tonight's game offered a lot of back-and-forth. It was nice seeing the Habs be more opportunistic.

Carey Price

Once again outstanding. He and Budaj have been the most steady and influential presence this year. Without this level of goaltending this team would be toast.

Max Pacioretty

He appears to have found himself again. It looks like he had enough of being criticized and did something about it. He is using all of his talents to create scoring chances.

Tomas Plekanec

Solid night with a goal and 76% on faceoffs. He provided great support for the Desharnais/Pacioretty line. Good work against Crosby.

PK Subban

See my note from last night's game. This is what I want to see from him. Teams are watching him closely so he needs to play smart and pick his spots.

Brendan Gallagher

No points but nice work on the agitation front. He never quits. Despite no points it's obvious that he is having a positive influence on Desharnais and Pacioretty.
    Last edited by Atomic Wedgy; April 3, 2014 at 2:55 AM.

Administrator

French article about the value of Emelin and Prust:

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/d...ables-1.704277

Dobber Sports Guru

Feels like a long time between games for some reason.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Habs constantly stuck with weekend b2b. How difficult would it be to give them a Monday game instead of a Friday game this week?

Administrator

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261

- The Canadiens practiced Tuesday morning at the Bell Sports Complex, hours before leaving for a short two-game roadtrip in Buffalo and Washington.
    - The first part of practice was devoted to the powerplay. Coach Michel Therrien freely rotated his top three lines on the man advantage drills, and employed Markov-Subban and Bouillon-Diaz at the point.
    - Rene Bourque, who missed the last three games with a lower-body injury, returned to practice wearing a red full contact jersey. He is cleared to return to action, but will not play on Wednesday.
    - Carey Price will likely make his 20th start of the season Wednesday in Buffalo. It will be his 27th career game against the Sabres (10-9-7).
    - Coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Peter Budaj will start one of the two games later in the week. He did not, however, mention if it will come against the Capitals on Friday and the Maple Leafs on Saturday.

LINES AT PRACTICE

Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
    Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
    Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust
    Bournival-White-Moen
    Parros-Bourque

Markov-Subban
    Emelin-Gorges
    Bouillon-Diaz
    Murray

Administrator

The new NHL TV deal will apparently have a major impact on how we get games. RDS gets 60 and TVA gets 22. Something like that. We'll know more in the coming days but things are changing for sure.

Dobber Sports Pro

The remaining 60 Habs games are the property of the Habs themselves and they're the ones who'll decide which network gets it. I'd be mighty shocked if RDS does not get the remaining 60 games. RDS is not dead but hopefully this means the end of l'Anti-Chambre, can't stand those guys.

Still though, the broadcasting team of RDS is much better than TVA Sports, at least so far. Pierre Houde is not as good as he was earlier in his career but he's still decent and I kind of like what Marc Denis has brought so far. TVA simply has no one of quality on their staff. If we have to go back to Yvon Pedneault, I'm simply going to mute games! I'm hoping Marc McGwire and Dany Dubé from radio will join TVA to broadcast the game. They're the best francophone pair right now.

Administrator

There could be changes as part of Rogers taking over. TVA's budget changes considerably since they now cover national Habs games. But I fear Rogers and friends won't care. Hockey fans will tune in to whatever they offer. The only alternative will be to not watch at all.

Administrator

Murray in, Bouillon out. Apparently it's a big deal this time that Parros is also scratched.

Administrator

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/d...%A9al-1.710851

Rick Dudley staying in Montreal. I know he was being considered for the Buffalo GM job but he prefers not being at the helm. He wants to do grunt work instead. The Buffalo inquiries basically got him a raise. Good for him.

Also, Magnus Nygren is off to Sweden for the remainder of the season.

Administrator

I am in the process of writing my Capped article so I missed parts of the game. I might have a report later. Depends when I finish.

Dobber Sports Pro

Was working so only saw parts of the game but I thought the Habs played well with a few obvious defensive breakdowns that Carey Price continued to deal with without much problem. Desharnais is definitely on a hot streak and his line is playing well. Much better effort from the Eller line tonight, as well. The fourth line seems to be working out well while Plekanec's line seems to have taken the shutdown role.

Defensively, very impressive game by Markov who was everywhere on the ice. Subban made the mistake that led to the Sabres goal but was very solid the rest of the game. Emelin and Gorges played well and I barely saw Diaz and Murray.

Good win for the Habs in this 'trap game'. Big test this weekend against the Caps and Leafs who are slumping and will play desperate to win. Budaj to start again on Friday?

Administrator

Canadiens 3, Sabres 1

Overall thoughts

I thought it was an average game overall. I found the Habs were trying to be too cute with the puck instead of trying to bury 6-7 goals past Miller. The most evident example was a power play about midway through the third when the Habs were up 2-1 and they spent the whole two minutes passing the puck to an open man in the slot and then back to a player on the perimeter. One bad bounce and the Sabres could have tied the game. They still came out with the win which is more important.

Carey Price

He was outstanding again. He made all of the key saves necessary to keep the lead when it was 2-1 for a long stretch of time.

Andrei Markov

Best player on the ice. He did a great job controlling the play with the puck on his stick. A lot of what he does goes unnoticed but he makes everyone around him better.

David Desharnais

Good job busting out of his slump. I am not sure if he can sustain his production but so far so good. It's not just about the points. His line is creating chances all over the place.

Brendan Gallagher

Nice job finally getting rewarded for his efforts to get Desharnais and Pacioretty going. He had been absent from the score sheet despite some great work but tonight he found an opening on the power play and scored a late goal to put the game away.

Douglas Murray

Good job fighting John Scott. Obviously there was a size mismatch and Murray is not a fighter but he stood there and gave him a good run. He is slow but tough as nails.