Page 205 of 606 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Montreal's new mayor is giving me competition for the title of offering coverage and opinions about the Habs. He has a much better platform than I do, as his remarks have actually made it to the team.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=436382

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Briere and Emelin are both very close to returning. Both should be back by the weekend.

Here's an idea: Briere gets a chance on line 3 in Desharnais' spot. Desharnais can go back to gutting it out from the bottom (4th line) to earn his spot. Maybe he can rotate with the other 4th liners...

I'm expecting to see Murray in the press box when Emelin returns.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Briere and Emelin are both very close to returning. Both should be back by the weekend.

Here's an idea: Briere gets a chance on line 3 in Desharnais' spot. Desharnais can go back to gutting it out from the bottom (4th line) to earn his spot. Maybe he can rotate with the other 4th liners...

I'm expecting to see Murray in the press box when Emelin returns.
    I agree on Brière, he should slot in with Bourque and Pacioretty/Bournival and DD will go back on the 4th line with whoever.

I wonder if Therrien won't bench Bouillon. I've always liked him and his effort is solid but the stats don't lie, the guy's minus-8 and is just average on the 2nd PP unit. It's not as if Murray's much better but I think he's got a longer leash.

Either way, the team will be much better once Emelin is back. Hopefully, Prust is back soon as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

Nevermind, Desharnais left out of the lineup, Brière takes his place. Moen-Dumont-White on the 4th line.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Moen-Dumont-White on the 4th line.
    This is why I liked the idea of Desharnais sliding in here. I prefer having at least one player on this line whose best hockey skill isn't simply shooting the puck off of the boards out of the zone. Hopefully this line plays like 3 minutes max.

Dobber Sports Pro

This is why I liked the idea of Desharnais sliding in here. I prefer having at least one player on this line whose best hockey skill isn't simply shooting the puck off of the boards out of the zone. Hopefully this line plays like 3 minutes max.
    Our 4th line is useless right now. It has no purpose. They don't forecheck particularly well or play solid defense. There's no ace on faceoff either. It's just...useless.

When Prust comes back, I can see him play with Desharnais and whoever's playing the best at the moment (Moen/White/Dumont/Parros/Blunden? ) and have that line serve a purpose. But right now, I agree with you, the less time the 4th line plays, the better.

Dobber Sports Guru

Our 4th line is useless right now. It has no purpose. They don't forecheck particularly well or play solid defense. There's no ace on faceoff either. It's just...useless.
    White and Moen are pretty good penalty killers. And White is pretty decent on faceoffs (top guy on the Habs right now, percentage wise, was second last year). At least he's usually above 50 per cent.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    White and Moen are pretty good penalty killers. And White is pretty decent on faceoffs (top guy on the Habs right now, percentage wise, was second last year). At least he's usually above 50 per cent.
    I know Moen is consistently used on the PK but I don't see him as a great penalty killer. In fact, I'd rather have the Habs use more of the Eller-Gallagher duo and see Bournival and even Gionta get more PK time.

I agree about White though, he's decent on the draw, just not that great so that quality earns him a spot in the lineup.

Administrator

I know Moen is consistently used on the PK but I don't see him as a great penalty killer. In fact, I'd rather have the Habs use more of the Eller-Gallagher duo and see Bournival and even Gionta get more PK time.

I agree about White though, he's decent on the draw, just not that great so that quality earns him a spot in the lineup.
    Moen is alright on the PK. Not great, but he frees up others to be used in other situations. Decent trade-off I guess. To me the bigger issue with Moen-Dumont-White is that all three are best when crashing the net. But who carries the puck and feeds it there?

I know the fourth line shouldn't be that big of a deal but they've been burned often this year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Moen is alright on the PK. Not great, but he frees up others to be used in other situations. Decent trade-off I guess. To me the bigger issue with Moen-Dumont-White is that all three are best when crashing the net. But who carries the puck and feeds it there?

I know the fourth line shouldn't be that big of a deal but they've been burned often this year.
    I've just never been a fan of Moen, I guess. He's just average at every aspect of the game. Can't believe we still have two (?) more years of him until his contract expires.

I imagine he's a good locker presence though, a veteran who's won it all before. If only he could play like he did in '07 for the Ducks!

Administrator

I've just never been a fan of Moen, I guess. He's just average at every aspect of the game. Can't believe we still have two (?) more years of him until his contract expires.
    Moen never was very good. A few guys in here were gushing over him the summer that he re-signed because he fights. Or pretends to fight occasionally. Something like that.

I imagine he's a good locker presence though, a veteran who's won it all before. If only he could play like he did in '07 for the Ducks!
    He might be but I think locker room presence is highly overrated. Games are won and lost on the ice. I get that it helps over the long season but the way that some people view off-ice leadership makes the NHL look like day care.

Dobber Sports Pro

He might be but I think locker room presence is highly overrated. Games are won and lost on the ice. I get that it helps over the long season but the way that some people view off-ice leadership makes the NHL look like day care.
    Oh, I agree 100%, I was just trying to think of things Moen brings to the team, that's all!

Talking about leadership, your thoughts on who should be the next captain (assuming Gionta doesn't re-sign, which seems likely)?

Dobber Sports Guru

Moen never was very good. A few guys in here were gushing over him the summer that he re-signed because he fights. Or pretends to fight occasionally. Something like that.
    I've never liked him, because I don't think he does anything especially well. If he hit or fought like Chris Neil, or was better defensively or anything, he wouldn't be as bad. But he doesn't really bring anything to the table.

I think he made himself a home in Montreal during the run to the conference finals a couple of years back. He was put on a line with Gionta and Gomez to help them out, they started clicking, they came back against Washington.

And I agree with Eric about the locker room presence. If he was that much of a leader, he'd have an A on his chest.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Guru

Talking about leadership, your thoughts on who should be the next captain (assuming Gionta doesn't re-sign, which seems likely)?
    I think they'll give it to Pleks, regardless whether he deserves it or not.

Administrator

Oh, I agree 100%, I was just trying to think of things Moen brings to the team, that's all!

I think Gorges would be the next captain. That is, unless too many people get offended that he's not french and throw a fit.