Page 204 of 606 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 214 254 304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

From Canadiens.com:

Game Day - Senators - Nov. 7

- The Canadiens held an optional skate at the Canadian Tire Centre in Kanata. Sixteen players took part, including both goalies. Andrei Markov, Josh Gorges, Ryan White, Tomas Plekanec, Raphael Diaz, Francis Bouillon and Max Pacioretty did not practice.

- Daniel Briere participated in his first practice with the team since suffering a concussion on Oct. 19 against Nashville. With no set timetable for his return to the lineup, the 36-year-old is dutifully following protocol to make sure when he does finally get back into action, he’ll be fully recovered and ready to go.

Briere practicing with his teammates
    “I don’t have a precise date yet. I’ve followed protocol and things have been getting better. I can do a little more every day,” shared Briere, who took an Eric Nystrom elbow to the chin in the team’s eighth game of the season. “The hardest thing is just being patient. With the way I’m feeling, I feel like I could play tonight but I know that wouldn’t be the best thing to do. We’ve seen in the past what happens when guys come back too soon and they get hit and then they’re out for even longer. I’m following the doctors’ orders; they know what’s best for me, but it’s hard to be patient and wait.”

- Travis Moen skated on Thursday morning and will suit up for his first game since fracturing his orbital bone on Oct. 26 after taking a puck to the face. Moen will be sporting a visor for the immediate future and will flank Ryan White and George Parros on the team’s fourth line.

- David Desharnais will be back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch against St. Louis on Tuesday. Desharnais will center a line with Michael Bournival and Rene Bourque on the wings.

- Carey Price will get his 14th start of the season on Thursday night. The 26-year-old will look to build on his 14-5-3 career record against the Sens.

- About to square off against the Senators at the Canadian Tire Centre for the first time – preseason excluded – since Game 4 of the first round of the 2013 Playoffs, Michel Therrien is expecting to see a typical rivalry game in Ottawa. Having failed to leave the nation’s capital with a win since December 27, 2011, Therrien is hoping to snap that streak on Thursday night.

“When you play against teams in your division, you’re used to playing against them and there’s always a little more emotion in the air when you face them than when you’re playing teams you don’t play against very often,” admitted the Habs bench boss. “We know how important games like these are and we’re starting a stretch of the schedule where we’re facing a lot of teams within our conference and our division. We know them better and they know us better, so that always makes for more interesting games.”

- Puck drop is slated for 7:00 p.m. at the Canadian Tire Centre.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    - David Desharnais will be back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch against St. Louis on Tuesday. Desharnais will center a line with Michael Bournival and Rene Bourque on the wings.
    This could be bad for Bournival's fantasy value if it's true. I thought DD would play with Bourque and Patches. On the other hand, Bournival could wake DD up with his forecheck and energy play.

I guess Patches joins Pleks and Gionta.

Dobber Sports Guru

From Canadiens.com:

- Carey Price will get his 14th start of the season on Thursday night. The 26-year-old will look to build on his 14-5-3 career record against the Sens.

- Having failed to leave the nation’s capital with a win since December 27, 2011, Therrien is hoping to snap that streak on Thursday night.
    Maybe because I live in Ottawa and the losses seem worse than the wins, but I'm shocked at Price's record against the Sens. It feels too high for me. Also seems weird that he has such a good record, but the Habs haven't been able to win in Ottawa in two years.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    This could be bad for Bournival's fantasy value if it's true. I thought DD would play with Bourque and Patches. On the other hand, Bournival could wake DD up with his forecheck and energy play.

I guess Patches joins Pleks and Gionta.
    I'm hoping it's a typo on their part.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm hoping it's a typo on their part.
    According to La Presse, it's true: Bournival with DD and Bourque, Patches with Pleks and Gionta and the kid line back together.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    According to La Presse, it's true: Bournival with DD and Bourque, Patches with Pleks and Gionta and the kid line back together.

Dobber Sports Pro

At least this is good for me as Pacioretty should be more productive with better linemates. I can't remember the last time he and Plekanec were on the same line.

Dobber Sports Genius

Tickets for tonights Sens/Habs game!!! You want them?

Email me at notch4077 (at) me.com

FIRST ROW

Section 226, Row A, Seats 3 and 4

Beer and washrooms are in my section!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

well that was frustrating.
    Habs didn't play bad, but just couldn't get the bounces.
    Nice to see Subban up around 27min.
    Sucks for whoever took the under on bodog.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Sorry guys, no game report for now. Other stuff going on that's taking up time. I'll try to get something up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Administrator

Default Islanders 2, Canadiens4

Overall thoughts

Nice bounce-back game for the Habs. The game had a good pace which played into the hands of the top line showing its magic all night.

Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher

They were the three stars of the game. That explains the story. They were outstanding, each in their own way. Note to Michel Therrien: just keep this line together. No need to experiment anymore.

Carey Price

I thought he was great as well especially early when he made a few big saves. Later in the game he did what needed to be done to prevent the Islanders from getting back into the game.

David Dsharnais

He has been the goat for a while but I'll pile on anyway. He had some chances and appeared to put in more effort at times but the highlights of his night were a couple bad turnovers and a dumb penalty that resulted in an Islanders' goal. How the hell do you put yourself in a situation where you have to hook Eric Boulton to gain an advantage???

PK Subban - Andrei Markov

This was a mostly quiet, uneventful night for the duo and I mean that in a good way. There were no costly defensive lapses. They just controlled the play. The young guys up front were playing so well that they just needed to play support roles. Also, for those keeping score Subban (25:34) played three seconds more than Andrei Markov (25:31) so hopefully the guys at RDS can shut up for a couple days.

Michael Bournival

He will never be a top-level scorer but every time I see him play he has NHL player written all over him. He has been excellent in a support role including a power-play goal that held up as the game-winning goal.

Travis Moen

He left the game with a virus or something. Apparently it's called suckitis. Oh well, still better than Blunden.

Dobber Sports Guru

Also, for those keeping score Subban (25:34) played three seconds more than Andrei Markov (25:31) so hopefully the guys at RDS can shut up for a couple days.
    Imagine how bad it would be if PK was from Quebec?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    True!! The misused of Subban by Therrien would have the french media going absolutely apesh*t on Therrien.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

Administrator

For as much drama as there is around the team and Subban, he has a five-game points streak. Six points in those games.