Page 202 of 606 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 212 252 302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

On the flip side, Therrien has been giving players an opportunity to move up the depth chart with good play. There is far less vet bias than with past coaches. Last year Gallagher was a scratch on opening night and was a top-line winger by the end. This year he's letting Bournival stick on line 2. As long as he continues to earn that spot he will keep it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

perfect, thanks for the help y'all

i'm searching for upgrades to conacher, at a simlar cap hit, so i might take the chance and hope he can keep his spot on the 2nd line
    10 Tm, Pts Only Salary Cap Dynasty (UFAs dropped if not signed by July 1st)
    20 Active, 12 AHL/Reserve (AHL Eligibility: Fwd, Dman = 246 NHL GP, G = 150 NHL GP) (Pts: G, A, dman pt 0.5; G = W, SO)

Active (3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 2G)
    F: Draisaitl, Meier, Forsberg, Huberdeau, Pastarnk, Neidereiter, Ehlers, White, DeBrincat, Mittelstadt, Thomas, Olofsson
    D: Klingberg, Ghost, Klefbom, Sergachev, Fox, Fabbro
    G: Hellebuyck, Gibson
    IR: Point, Niku, Montour

Reserve
    F: Roslovic, Terry, Vesalainen, Suzuki, Tippett
    D: Pilut, Myers, Harley, K. Miller
    G: Demko

Administrator

For those that watch RDS, Martin Biron will be appearing on the channel a lot moving forward...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/martin-...e-rds-1.682034

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    For those that watch RDS, Martin Biron will be appearing on the channel a lot moving forward...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/martin-...e-rds-1.682034
    That's great news, since he was fantastic on TSN in past years. Hope that will mean less Benoît Brunet and Gaston Therrien...

Administrator

Gaston Therrien is fine. Not great, but decent. I just want Brunet, Stock and Barnaby as far away from my TV as possible.

Administrator

Lots going on around the team but tonight my spotlight is on Subban. Are we going to see the careless turnovers and positioning or are we going to see him play like a real top-pair dman. He has shown the ability to be both, sometimes within the same game.

Dobber Sports Pro

holy shit ****.
    Douglas Murray is terrible at the sport of Hockey. I don't know if he could keep up with my men's league team. So slow at skating, so slow at making decisions. All of his "great hits" put him out of position.
    How the hell does Subban a Norris trophy winner play 20 min last night while Pietrangelo plays 30? Therrien is causing this team to lose.

Parros should be a healthy scratch every game. That's twice I've seen him start a fight with Montreal about to go on the attack only to have a whistle blown because a goon fights a goon off the faceoff. So So Stupid.

Very questionable line up decisions recently. I understand there's injuries but there's guys in Hamilton who got better wheels and puckskills than Parros, Murry, Blunden, .
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't understand the point of having Pleks taking the penalty shot. I understand it has to be someone on the ice, but I would have given it to almost anyone else. He's brutal in shootouts and penalty shots.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't understand the point of having Pleks taking the penalty shot. I understand it has to be someone on the ice, but I would have given it to almost anyone else. He's brutal in shootouts and penalty shots.
    The penalty shot had to go to whoever last had possession of the puck. Pleks shot it on goal as Backes (?) knocked the net off. Habs didn't have a choice who took the shot.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    The penalty shot had to go to whoever last had possession of the puck. Pleks shot it on goal as Backes (?) knocked the net off. Habs didn't have a choice who took the shot.
    Really? That's news to me. I always thought it just had to be someone who was on the ice.

Is this a new rule, or did I always have it wrong?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Default Blues 3, Canadiens 2 (SO)

Overall thoughts

I thought the team was fortunate to come out of this with a point, let alone a lead going into the third period. Injuries hurt but the Blues controlled the majority of the play. At least the Habs were able to rebound from a brutal start to the game and play better down the stretch.

PK Subban

My spotlight was on him, and he delivered. He was much more in control, and amazingly he still ended up with an assist despite not trying to do everything by himself. I felt that his positional play in the defensive end was solid as well.

Carey Price

He did everything he could to win points here. Simply outstanding.

Douglas Murray

He is doing very well in the shot-blocking department but... this is coming at a high cost including a dumb giveaway on the first goal and another instance where he pinched at the opposing blueline only to have the Blues march in 2-on-1.

Brendan Gallagher

No points but he is still getting a ton of chances and going to the net every chance he gets.

George Parros

It was a good story to see him come back from a concussion. I don't think he has been very good on the ice though. As pointed out, he has twice broken up quality scoring opportunities to drop the gloves. Not good. He has to be more aware of what is going on around him and not selfishly stop the play to get his fight in.

Michael Bournival

He has continued to look great. He scored a nice goal on a turnover but was also strong on the forecheck all night.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Really? That's news to me. I always thought it just had to be someone who was on the ice.

Is this a new rule, or did I always have it wrong?
    No not a new rule, but it's only for that particular scenario. If, for example, a player closes his hand on the puck in the crease, then yes, any player on the ice can take the shot.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    No not a new rule, but it's only for that particular scenario. If, for example, a player closes his hand on the puck in the crease, then yes, any player on the ice can take the shot.
    The scenario is the same as if a guy gets tripped up on a breakaway or (I think) if a stick had been thrown towards the puck. Plek's scoring chance was broken up so he had to be the guy taking the penalty shot. Having a guy close his hand on the puck in the crease doesn't ruin any particular scoring chance so there isn't one specific player that would get the nod automatically.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Leblanc and St-Pierre back to Hamilton. Lines at practice:

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
    Pacioretty-Desharnais-Bourque
    Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
    Moen-White-Parros

Seems like DD punishment lasted one game... so did the Galchenyuk at center experiment

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Leblanc and St-Pierre back to Hamilton. Lines at practice:

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
    Pacioretty-Desharnais-Bourque
    Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
    Moen-White-Parros

Seems like DD punishment lasted one game... so did the Galchenyuk at center experiment
    Gally wasn't great yesterday. He was alright, but he took a couple rough spills early and just didn't stand out.