Page 200 of 606 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    They have a soccer team???

lol just kidding.
    They don't anymore. At least, until next spring.

The Habs are now the only sport team of interest...well, unless you count the Alouettes but the CFL doesn't get much credit on the web.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    The Habs are now the only sport team of interest...well, unless you count the Alouettes but the CFL doesn't get much credit on the web.
    The CFL is decent. I can't get into it though when there is a far better alternative out there. I have limited time for football so my attention goes to the big NFL games. If I lived in a CFL city I might feel differently though...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

talk to me about this Bournival kid...i need some help on the wings and he is out there (so is Gionta..), seems to have the coaches confidence and gaining ice-time.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    talk to me about this Bournival kid...i need some help on the wings and he is out there (so is Gionta..), seems to have the coaches confidence and gaining ice-time.
    Bournival breathed life into Plekanec and Gionta. I don't think he is a huge prospect with monster upside but just being on the 2nd line will get you points. Right now they are rolling. By this time next week... I don't know.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Bournival is doing everything right lately. His energy and speed lit a fire under Plekanec and Gionta. He drives the net and creates chances for his teammates. Don't expect his actual production (7 pts in his last 7 games) to last the entire season, but he will stick with the club for the entire season, and with the way he is playing now, he may stick in the top 9. In fact, he should be a fixture in the top 9, but the numbers game could see him bumped to the 4th line when all the injured players will come back.

I could see him finish the season around 40 pts, 150+ shots and a strong +/-
    Last edited by habs83; November 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Louis Leblanc more updates please

Administrator

Default Canadiens 3, Wild 4

Overall thoughts

Not a great game. The Habs did get more shots but had sloppy moments. Too much goofing around overall and the fourth line managed to get caught on the ice for three of the four goals allowed. They did well coming back from down 3-1 but couldn't finish the job.

Carey Price

Not his best outing. He made some good saves but looked a bit shaky at times. He spent too much time on the ice. It was one of those games where you wish he could have made one extra save.

Alex Galchenyuk

He was the best forward tonight. Tons of great dekes and passes. He had an assist on Gallagher's goal.

Brian Gionta

He is in a groove right now. He has been very streaky since coming to Montreal and this is one of those stretches where he is producing. Good effort on the game-tying goal in the third.

PK Subban

Some good, some bad tonight. Mostly good when it came to getting the team back in the game. He was the leader of that charge. The knock against him is still awareness and being a bit careless in his own end. For example, when the fourth line is on it's probably not the best time to pinch in deep hoping for Ryan White to back-check correctly in his place.

Andrei Markov

Great game aside from the poor coverage on the same goal that Subban was caught pinching. He had three assists and is doing an outstanding job handlig the puck.

Michael Blunden - Ryan White - George Parros

Please demote Blunden. That is all.

Dobber Sports Pro

The game clearly could've gone either way. I only saw bits of the first and the whole third period and I felt like the Habs carried the play most of the time. The winning goal was a lucky bounce right to Pominville's stick with Price already down on the ice. It's too bad but not a tough loss to swallow, those kind of games tend to balance within a full season.

Really impressed by Markov-Subban when on offense, they seem even better than last year. The kid line continues to do well and the Pleks line is creating chances every game now. I liked Leblanc for what I saw of him but Desharnais was bad, a lot of mishandling of the puck and never seemed to be in the right position to make plays. The fourth line was abysmal tonight, terrible backcheck from Parros on the 3rd goal of the Wild.

Nonetheless, excited for tomorrow's game against Roy and the Avalanche! I believe Budaj is starting in net.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Louis Leblanc more updates please
    He was alright. Didn't really stand out but it's tough to do that when you're next to Bourque and Desharnais. With Pacioretty coming back tomorrow I'm not sure where Leblanc will line up.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 1, Avalanche 4

Overall thoughts

This was a mediocre game where the Habs were not terrible but also didn't do much to really grab a hold of the game. Despite the score the game was up for grabs well into the third period.

Petr Budaj

Budaj was decent. Not good, not bad, but certainly not as good as the goalie at the other end.

Max Pacioretty

Mixed bag for his first game back. During the first two periods he looked like an old vet who is playing beyond his expiry date (ie he probably returned too soon). In the third he showed more signs of life when given opportunities on the top two lines. Overall a forgettable night.

PK Subban

His play of late has been very hot/cold within games but last night he was extremely careless. This time the sloppy play overshadowed whatever good he did at the offensive end.

Brendan Gallagher / Alex Galchenyuk

The two most effective forwards despite both finishing minus-2.

Lines

There was some line juggling in this one. By the end of the game Pacioretty was up with Galchenyuk and Gallagher. Eller I believe was down with Bourque and Leblanc with Desharnais being benched for most of the third.

Administrator

Blunden sent down, Martin St. Pierre called up.

Administrator

Looks like Galchenyuk might get additional time at center while Desharnais could move to the fourth line.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Looks like Galchenyuk might get additional time at center while Desharnais could move to the fourth line.
    Wonder if there's any trade value for DD? I doubt it, but he may need to go if he keeps slipping.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Wonder if there's any trade value for DD? I doubt it, but he may need to go if he keeps slipping.
    Not this year with the cap ceiling being down.

Administrator

‏@CassieCampbell
    Prust and Briere to skate with team this morning @CanadiensMTL