Page 196 of 606 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You guys might get a chuckle out of this: I added Blunden in the league in my sig.

Reasoning: it's a cap league and tons of "star" players find themselves disowned due to the cap dropping. Thus, all of the cheap farm-eligible guys (<80 career GP) are owned by teams for the sake of filling their rosters. I needed a farm-eligible guy to cover for an injury (Perreault might return tomorrow) and Blunden at least gets some numbers (hits/PIM). As a farm-eligible guy I can drop him without buyout penalty when Perreault returns.

There's my excuse. I just threw up in my mouth.
    pffff... homer!! Hope you also add Moen...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    pffff... homer!! Hope you also add Moen...
    I believe Moen is already owned. And based on Moen's career GP I can't drop him without penalty. Blunden can be dropped for free. Basically I just needed someone to fill in for today. Still dislike the guy...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Lines at practice today:

EGG line
    Bournival-Pleks-Gionta
    Leblanc-Desharnais-Bourque
    Blunden-White-Holland
    Confirmed: Leblanc will play with Desharnais and Bourque tonight.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Confirmed: Leblanc will play with Desharnais and Bourque tonight.
    I hope Leblanc takes example on Bournival and plays hard. No need to fill the net, simply strong play and 100% effort and it'll get his confidence up.

Budaj vs Lundqvist seems pretty lopsided but the Habs usually play well in front of their backup. Budaj going for his 10th straight win.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Budaj vs Lundqvist seems pretty lopsided but the Habs usually play well in front of their backup. Budaj going for his 10th straight win.
    Not including playoffs, I take it? :-)

He also lost a start late in the season to Pittsburgh last year. So, he's on a two-game regular season winning streak.

It actually shouldn't be that much of a mishmash. The Habs outscored the Rangers 9-1 in three games last year.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

He also lost a start late in the season to Pittsburgh last year. So, he's on a two-game regular season winning streak.

It actually shouldn't be that much of a mishmash. The Habs outscored the Rangers 9-1 in three games last year.
    To me the elephant in the room is that the Rangers have played like shit overall this year. That could be a blessing for the Habs or a curse if suddenly the Rangers come out strong to reverse the trend.

Dobber Sports Padawan

To me the elephant in the room is that the Rangers have played like shit overall this year. That could be a blessing for the Habs or a curse if suddenly the Rangers come out strong to reverse the trend.
    Also, don't know how a team that played away from his own rink for a month will react when they finally play a game in their own building.

Dobber Sports Guru

Do they plan to have a ceremony of some type tonight? It's the first home game for the Rangers, and they just spent a billion dollars on renovating the place. Not sure if they have something planned, even just introducing the players for the first time. Those games seem to be pretty dull as players just stand around forever.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

Do they plan to have a ceremony of some type tonight? It's the first home game for the Rangers, and they just spent a billion dollars on renovating the place. Not sure if they have something planned, even just introducing the players for the first time. Those games seem to be pretty dull as players just stand around forever.
    Maybe the construction crew chief does a ceremony puck drop?

Administrator

As a former 1st round pick (golden boy status + french) Leblanc will get opportunities more easily. He has to take advantage so that next time they call him up first instead of Blunden and Holland.

Dobber Sports Pro

That'll teach me to take a friend's word for granted and not check it. My bad!

Habs vs Rangers usually are all or nothing, it seems. Either it's a boring 3-1, 2-0 game or a scoring frenzy à la February 2008.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    That'll teach me to take a friend's word for granted and not check it. My bad!

Habs vs Rangers usually are all or nothing, it seems. Either it's a boring 3-1, 2-0 game or a scoring frenzy à la February 2008.
    Habs are on the road and coming off of a loss. Count on a boring game.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 2, Rangers 0

Overall thoughts
    Habs are on the road and coming off of a loss. Count on a boring game.
    Petr Budaj

Excellent game for the backup. He has shown that he can be dropped into action cold off of the bench and do well. He made several key saves to preserve the lead.

Andrei Markov

Excellent defensive play in the final minutes blocking several shots. He finished with six total blocks.

PK Subban

Still an offensive wizard but plays a bit too high-risk in his own end. It's not just with the puck but sometimes he takes the wrong angle while defending the man. Other times he's in perfect position and the play is neutralized before it becomes a problem.

Louis Leblanc

A mixed bag from what I saw. I noticed he was way out of position on a play early in the first when the Rangers hit consecutive posts. He was too close to his net and when the rebound kicked out the Rangers had an second open shot. He was better later in his limited minutes, working hard all over the place and even drawing a penalty where he could have potentially scored a goal.

Michael Bournival

He is an NHL-level player. He keeps getting better. Does all of the little things to make others better. His play has breathed life into Plekanec. Tonight he saw time on the power play and penalty kill and set up Plekanec's game-winning power-play goal.

Alex Galchenyuk-Lars Eller-Brendan Gallagher

This line produced the most chances offensively tonight. They were finally rewarded with a late goal that I would call questionable. It wasn't an actual kick-in by Galchenyuk but I've seen plenty of goals called back for less. Like everything else in the NHL it depends on the mood of the day.

Douglas Murray

Decent first game in a Habs' uniform. He is very slow but does well around the net and along the boards. He took a penalty where he basically ran over a Rangers' player. If you're going to take a minor, make it count I guess.

Dobber Sports Guru

You forgot to mention Blunden. He recorded a hit. Plan on keeping him in your pool now?

Administrator

You forgot to mention Blunden. He recorded a hit. Plan on keeping him in your pool now?
    The answer is 100% dependent of Perreault returning tomorrow. If not then I'll take the B2B game from Blunder.