Page 194 of 606 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 204 244 294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Tinordi sent down, Pateryn called up.
    I have only seen Tinordi in a few games, but the kid has jam. Is he really not good enough right now?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I have only seen Tinordi in a few games, but the kid has jam. Is he really not good enough right now?
    He hasn't looked as good since preseason ended. He is trying to do too much. He'll be back though. He has a big future in the NHL. We just have to be a bit more patient.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

And Louis Leblanc makes my Dobberprospects update look stupid. He had 0 pts in 4 games at the time of the update and Patrick Holland was called up instead so I felt like the outlook was starting to look bleak. Things can go south quickly if you're losing your rank in the call-up order. Leblanc responds with a three-point night.

Dobber Sports Guru

He hasn't looked as good since preseason ended. He is trying to do too much. He'll be back though. He has a big future in the NHL. We just have to be a bit more patient.
    Plus, it's better that he play 20-to-25 minutes a game in the AHL, rather than the 11 or 12 minutes he's getting in the NHL.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Plus, it's better that he play 20-to-25 minutes a game in the AHL, rather than the 11 or 12 minutes he's getting in the NHL.
    Well, if he can be a solid third-pair guy then he should be there. I found he was trying to be Beaulieu-lite at times. No major offensive rushes or anything but he was overhandling the puck.

He just didn't distinguish himself as the clear best choice for the job.
    Last edited by ericdaoust; October 23, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Administrator

Doesn't look like there will be any changes to the lines for today. At least based on yesterday's practice lines...

Dobber Sports Pro

Doesn't look like there will be any changes to the lines for today. At least based on yesterday's practice lines...
    Nice to see Bournival get another crack at some top 6 time. His speed is generating some great things.

Desharnais is frustrating to watch. Gionta looks a step behind most nights too.

Eller will have a strong game I predict.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Nice to see Bournival get another crack at some top 6 time. His speed is generating some great things.

Eller will have a strong game I predict.
    He played well against a junior team last time so hopefully he can build on the momentum...

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    The next year is when the GM really gets a chance to build this team the way he wants to. Gionta, Markov, Blunden, Emelin, Bouillon, Murray, Diaz and Parros are all UFAs, and Eller, White and Subban are RFAs. I expect many of them to be gone. With the cap going up next year, there's a good opportunity to start building this team exactly as he wants it to be built. Depending on signings during the year and what the cap will be, the team could be $20-$30 million under the cap after the playoffs.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Gionta has been a step behind for a couple years now...

Administrator

Administrator

Haven't seen this many injuries early on in a long time...

Briere
    Pacioretty
    Prust
    Parros
    Murray
    Drewiske
    Emelin

Administrator

Default Ducks 1, Canadiens 4

Overall Thoughts

Solid bounce-back outing that didn't see the team phone it in after the first period. Aside from the third period before the Ducks finally put one past Price the team was playing hard all night.

Carey Price

He made a quiet 31 saves. He was really in the zone so most saves were absorbed and the scoring thread would be neutralized immediately.

Tomas Plekanec

This was easily his best game of the year. He was by far the best player on the ice with a goal and two assists and even won 9/16 faceoffs. It's nice to see his new line with Gionta and Bournival clicking.

Michael Bournival

This was his best game of his career. Very persistent and stole the puck from the Ducks often. He did all the work that led to Plekanec's goal. He added the opening goal.

Nathan Beaulieu

The progression is there. His confidence is growing and he is getting more involved. The one knock is the times that he would dump the puck down the ice before getting to center ice.

PK Subban - Rene Bourque

These two have outstanding chemistry with the long pass. Bourque has had at least three breakaways recently off of Subban passes.

David Desharnais

He was very good on faceoffs and better overall. The team still needs more from him. It's not easy when the wingers are Bourque and Moen though.

Michael Blunden

What the hell is he doing getting involved in a staged fight when the team is up 2-0???

Saku Koivu

Classy move naming him third star of the game. He didn't have to needlessly take the first star but it still gave him a moment alone on the ice. Cool to see.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The next year is when the GM really gets a chance to build this team the way he wants to. Gionta, Markov, Blunden, Emelin, Bouillon, Murray, Diaz and Parros are all UFAs, and Eller, White and Subban are RFAs. I expect many of them to be gone. With the cap going up next year, there's a good opportunity to start building this team exactly as he wants it to be built. Depending on signings during the year and what the cap will be, the team could be $20-$30 million under the cap after the playoffs.
    Here are the players signed through next season:

FORWARDS
    Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
    Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
    Daniel Briere ($4.000m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
    Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Michael Bournival ($0.870m)
    DEFENSEMEN
    Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Nathan Beaulieu ($1.275m)
    Davis Drewiske ($0.638m) /
    GOALTENDERS
    Carey Price ($6.500m)
    Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $43,360,833; BONUSES: $3,045,000
    CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $23,984,167

The cap will go up for sure, and by a fair amount, let's say around $70M, so it would give the Habs roughly 30 millions to play with.

Subban and Eller will probably get near to 12 millions between the two of them, which leaves around 18 millions.

With the Subban signing, and if you believe Beaulieu will be a regular, there are only three defensemen under contract (purposely ignoring Drewiskie).

18 millions to spend on 4 Dmen, including a suitable replacement for Markov, and a few bottom liners up front...

With Briere off the books in two years, and with the cap probably raising again, no need to worry about Galchenyuk and Gallagher contract expiring at the end of next season.

It will indeed be interesting to see what Bergevin is going to do in the next 12 months or so!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh Eric... want me to add Blunden on the list above??