Page 193 of 606 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Beaulieu will be in the lineup tonight, while Tinordi will be in the pressbox. After a strong training camp, Tinordi is having a rough time since the start of the regular season. He'll probably be heading to Hamilton when Murray/Emelin will be healthy. This won't be a bad thing, since he needs to play a lot of minutes to continue to progress, which he won't do in Montreal.
    I think Tinordi is trying to do too much when the only thing he has to do in limited minutes is not get beat for a goal.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Just adding a note regarding Markov:

I know he is off to a strong start but the same thing happened last year. He was playing heavy minutes and wore down as the season progressed. Just keep this in mind as we move through an even longer schedule that might include Markov playing in the Olympics.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Just adding a note regarding Markov:

I know he is off to a strong start but the same thing happened last year. He was playing heavy minutes and wore down as the season progressed. Just keep this in mind as we move through an even longer schedule that might include Markov playing in the Olympics.
    With the games he played in the KHL, Markov played close to 75 games last year... Given the fact that he was coming off almost two years of absence, it was to be expected. He might be able to sustain the pace this year, with a full summer of training, and no setbacks in his health.

Having said that, I would highly recommand to sell high on Markov. Too much of a gamble, and he is far from being the stud he used to be.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    With the games he played in the KHL, Markov played close to 75 games last year... Given the fact that he was coming off almost two years of absence, it was to be expected. He might be able to sustain the pace this year, with a full summer of training, and no setbacks in his health.

Having said that, I would highly recommand to sell high on Markov. Too much of a gamble, and he is far from being the stud he used to be.
    Last year he played 69 games between October and April (end of NHL regular season which is where the fantasy hockey season ends in like 98% of leagues). This year with the Olympics it could be close to 90 games in that same time span.

Administrator

Default Oilers 4, Canadiens 3

Overall Thoughts

Lousy game. Build a lead and phone it in. It almost blew up against Columbus. This time it blew up. Earlier in the season the team kept their foot on the pedal even with the lead. Now they're going into a shell and becoming lazy. These bad habits cost teams points. It wasn't injuries that cost them the game.

Carey Price

Decent. I found he was kicking out too many rebounds, especially on the second and fourth goals.

Tomas Plekanec

I'll give him credit for increasing his involvement in the game. He had a goal and an assist tonight along with five shots and 57% on faceoffs. He's finally producing. He did blow his coverage leading to an Oilers' 2-on-1 goal when he was covering for a pinching dman.

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher

Best line again. They were creating chances all night and produced Gallagher's goal. They were better than the result showed. The one downfall is their defensive play. This will come as they mature.

PK Subban

No penalties. He still makes some mistakes but his effort can't be questioned. He worked very hard making plays on offense.

Michael Bournival

Strong game taking advantage of his promotion. He deserves to stay on the scoring lines for now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Good summary. You forgot to mention that Lars Eller cost them the game

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Good summary. You forgot to mention that Lars Eller cost them the game
    Yeah that wasn't very smart. Maybe it's true but he's better off letting the media discuss whether or not the Oilers are a junior club. Keep the locker room jokes in the locker room.

Administrator

Just a note that Saku Koivu will be returning to the Bell Centre Thursday. Might be his last time there if he retires after this season. He'll certainly get the Hamrlik treatment from the crowd...

Dobber Sports Ninja

There was a funny interview after the game last night on TV.

The Oilers coach was sarcastically thanking Eller profusely for handing them the gift wrapped victory. You can tell he was clearly butt-hurt by Eller's comments and really went out of his way to rub it in haha

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    There was a funny interview after the game last night on TV.

The Oilers coach was sarcastically thanking Eller profusely for handing them the gift wrapped victory. You can tell he was clearly butt-hurt by Eller's comments and really went out of his way to rub it in haha
    I guess a desperate coach has to resort to being so over-the-top about it...

Dobber Sports Icon

Hey Eric

I know Holland didnt play that much and he was on the 4th line but any comment on his play?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Hey Eric

I know Holland didnt play that much and he was on the 4th line but any comment on his play?
    Barely visible. Not enough ice time to show anything with White and Blunden as linemates. His positional play was decent from what I saw. Offensive skills have a long way to go. Status quo on him as far as I'm concerned.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Barely visible. Not enough ice time to show anything with White and Blunden as linemates. His positional play was decent from what I saw. Offensive skills have a long way to go. Status quo on him as far as I'm concerned.
    thanks bud. thought id give him a shot in a deep league.

Administrator

Tinordi sent down, Pateryn called up.

Administrator

Briere has been placed on IR.