Page 191 of 606 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    care to hazard a shot at Ellers point production? i picked him up while he was red hot..hes in my "dispensible" roster spot (the spot that i use to add hot FA's), but if he lookslike 60pnts then i might just hang onto him...

i really liked him on the EGG line thiugh
    I think Eller will get around 60 pts this year, but it all comes down to PP time. For the time being, he is seeing PP time for the first time of his career. He looked great between Galkchenyuk and Gallagher, but Pacioretty is no slouch either. If they can find chemistry, Eller's production will not be affected. But Therrien is a coach who loves to mix things up, so Eller could very well be back with the youngsters in a couple of weeks.

Either way, 60 pts seems like a good bet for Eller, but it is not a lock by any means. He don't have a point-per-game potential, but could peak around 65-70 pts in his career.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Either way, 60 pts seems like a good bet for Eller, but it is not a lock by any means. He don't have a point-per-game potential, but could peak around 65-70 pts in his career.
    I actually think Eller does have point-per-game potential but is VERY unlikely to reach that point. He will probably evolve as more of a two-way centerman and I find he is pretty inconsistent in his offensive effectiveness. The effort is there but he is not always able to create chances like he can.

The reason why I am higher on his perfect scenario upside is because he looks so dominant at times.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Default Canadiens 3, Jets 0

Overall thoughts

Classic example of building a two-goal lead and sitting on it for an entire game. It worked but the end result was a lot of time in the Habs' end. A gem of a game from the goalie made all the difference.

Carey Price

Flawless game. Things looked easy but if you watch closely he faced several deflections and shots from the slot. His positioning was perfect which helped cover for the puck changing directions.

PK Subban

He still makes mistakes and he is lucky that they don't turn out to be more costly. But the other 80% of his game is off-the-charts good. Unless his shots are blocked they rarely miss the net.

Josh Gorges

Playing like a true warrior. He was rewarded with an assist. Glad to see the defensive stalwarts get in on the scoreboard.

Max Pacioretty

He left the game with a leg injury. I find that he plays very recklessly. He needs to learn to protect himself better. Some things are out of his control but the injuries are adding up quickly and it's not all dumb luck. This is part of maturing as a player.

Daniel Briere

He responded to his demotion as well as anyone could with a goal and an assist. I expect Pacioretty to miss a couple of games which puts Briere right back in the mix on the scoring lines.

Alex Galchenyuk

No points but had to mention the level of skill that he is showing on the ice. The things he can do with the puck are remarkable.

David Desharnais

He was not demoted but had been scrutinized for poor play of late. Like Briere he responded as well as anyone could. Excellent backchecking and added an assist.

Brandon Prust

Another warrior who never quits. Does a bit of everything and played through some pain after blocking a shot. He also scored the game-winning goal.

Administrator

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/drewiske-so...touri-1.674057

(french article)

Drewiske had shoulder surgery and will be out 5-6 months. It clears more space for the young guys. With Murray in the mix Drewiske was probably bound for Hamilton anyway.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bourque does not participate at the morning skate because of a virus... only 11 forwards healthy, so the team plans to call-up a forward if Bourque can't play tonight. The return of the mighty Blunden??

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    The return of the mighty Blunden??
    As much as it will make me sick when it happens... you're probably right.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    As much as it will make me sick when it happens... you're probably right.
    Dumont is also a possibility but since the Habs are lacking wingers, I guess Blunden makes more sense.

It's only a virus for Bourque so there is a decent chance he's in the lineup tonight.

Habs should give more info on Patches injury today. Hope it's not too serious even though he has shown freakish recovery abilities.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Dumont is also a possibility but since the Habs are lacking wingers, I guess Blunden makes more sense.

It's only a virus for Bourque so there is a decent chance he's in the lineup tonight.

Habs should give more info on Patches injury today. Hope it's not too serious even though he has shown freakish recovery abilities.
    Yep...worst case scenario is torn ligaments, which would lead Patch to miss approximately 4 games

Dobber Sports Pro

Therrien confirmed there would be no call-ups from Hamilton if Bourque can't go. If it's the case, he will roll with 7 defensemen.

Beaulieu was the one practicing up front this morning but I guess Therrien would rather double shift one of his forwards and let Beaulieu and Tinordi share ice-time with Bouillon.

Administrator

Therrien: If Bourque can't go tonight, which forward is looking good in Hamilton?

Bergevin: Well, Blunden...

Therrien: Ah **** it we'll go with seven defensemen.

Administrator

Pacioretty is out 3 weeks with a hamstring injury. Game report coming later.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Eric - I noticed that there was a "Daoust" on the canadian women's hockey team during tonight's game. Any relation?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Eric - I noticed that there was a "Daoust" on the canadian women's hockey team during tonight's game. Any relation?
    Melodie Daoust? No idea. I have tons of more distant relatives from Quebec so it's certainly possible. I am related to these two former NHLers though:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=1253
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=1917

Dobber Sports Ninja

Melodie Daoust? No idea. I have tons of more distant relatives from Quebec so it's certainly possible. I am related to these two former NHLers though:

Sweet, you've got hockey blood.

You are wasting your talents in fantasy land... you need to be out there on the ice.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Melodie Daoust is actually pretty hot without her helmet on.

If you find out that she's in fact a distant relative do you think you could introduce me? Let her know that I'm a fantasy hockey stud... that should get her juices flowing.