Page 190 of 607 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 200 240 290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Parros making progress in his recovery:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433751

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

No comments from last night's game, so I'll add a quick one of mine.

P.K. Subban. Last night we saw the good and the bad. When he gets going, he's dynamite. He scored a big goal, got an assist, was pumped, started some nice end-to-end rushes. But then he goes overboard, taking two bad penalties in the third.

Tough to blame the refs on those calls. He needs to learn to not put himself in position to take those penalties.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    No comments from last night's game, so I'll add a quick one of mine.

P.K. Subban. Last night we saw the good and the bad. When he gets going, he's dynamite. He scored a big goal, got an assist, was pumped, started some nice end-to-end rushes. But then he goes overboard, taking two bad penalties in the third.

Tough to blame the refs on those calls. He needs to learn to not put himself in position to take those penalties.
    Last night I had to do my Capped article (after doing a Fantrax article Tuesday night) plus the game finished an hour later so I was a bit burnt out by the time everything was done. I'll try to chime in with some thoughts later if I have the chance.

The refs don't deserve any blame for the calls last night. Both Subban penalties were so deliberate that they stood out like a sore thumb. Had to be called. I wish they would call that stuff in the third more consistently though. Subban was very good and the only reason the Habs had a chance to make the comeback but he also does stupid things that even a toddler could be taught not to do.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Subban was very good and the only reason the Habs had a chance to make the comeback but he also does stupid things that even a toddler could be taught not to do.
    Yeah, he's such an intense and passionate guy when he plays that he can sometimes be victims of brain cramps like that.. LOve this guy.

I watched the first episode of 24CH yesterday and PK's just so funny.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Budaj in nets tonight vs EDM.
    Gorges: game time dicision. May be Beaulieu in.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

I'll try to chime in with some thoughts on the last two games in the AM. It's getting late.

Administrator

Apologies to everyone for the lack of updates following the late games. When the game ends that late it's tough to sit down and write a report and when the next day arrives I'm usually thinking of other things.

Wednesday @ Calgary

I thought the team was overall very lazy in this one. It looked like they thought the win was a slam dunk vs the Flames. They played much better at the end but not playing a full 60 minutes is asking for trouble. Subban single-handedly put the team in position to tie and derailed the effort with a pair of dumb penalties.

Thursday @ Edmonton

Much better outing than in Calgary. This was a more consistent effort although things started very slow. Budaj was very good. Gallagher and Galchenyuk are developing some pretty amazing chemistry.

Saturday @ Vancouver

Tons of shots flying at both ends. Price was the difference in this one. The Canucks crumbled after their own-goal that gave the Habs the lead for good. It was nice seeing some of the others (Plekanec/Pacioretty) factor in on the scoring. Balance is important.

Overall Thoughts

-Too many bystanders. This includes Desharnais, Briere, Bourque and to a lesser extent Plekanec. These guys need to get it in gear. It's still early but they are not giving enough and when the youngsters are not on top of their game the team can be in trouble.
    -Glad to see the team not sitting back on leads praying for a win. They keep pushing in the third even when they are ahead.
    -Subban is getting a ton of points. Needs to cut down on dumb penalties. Especially the ones that are avoidable by simply turning on your brain.

Dobber Sports Novice

This could be the end of the productive EGG line and bad news for Galchenyuk/Gallagher owners. Michel Therrien told CBC that he has been looking to pair up Pacioretty and Eller for awhile now and he's finally done it. The pair didn't look half-bad against Vancouver either.

When Gionta returns, I can see Therrien rolling with:

Pacioretty -- Eller -- Briere
    Bourque -- Plekanec -- Gionta
    Galchenyuk -- Desharnais -- Gallagher

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by CloudReader View Post
    This could be the end of the productive EGG line and bad news for Galchenyuk/Gallagher owners. Michel Therrien told CBC that he has been looking to pair up Pacioretty and Eller for awhile now and he's finally done it. The pair didn't look half-bad against Vancouver either.

When Gionta returns, I can see Therrien rolling with:

Pacioretty -- Eller -- Briere
    Bourque -- Plekanec -- Gionta
    Galchenyuk -- Desharnais -- Gallagher
    Might be the end of the EGG line, but that does not means that Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher will stop produce. Their production rate so far this season was unsustainable anyway, but I fully expect Galchenyuk and Gallagher to finish the season with between 55 and 60 points. Eller had his worst game of the season in Vancouver, but he is playing some great hockey since last season, and you can't spend an extended period of time next to Pacioretty without racking a few helpers. If you watched the last two games, you saw that Plekanec was playing with the kids, not Desharnais.

Administrator

Coaches change lines so often it's sad. The line could be back together by next week and broken up again the following week.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    If you watched the last two games, you saw that Plekanec was playing with the kids, not Desharnais.
    Missed the Edmonton game after the first period, and I'm pretty sure Pleks started off with Gionta and Bourque. I also thought the Vancouver lines were due to the absence of Gionta. But you're right, Therrien will probably try Desharnais between Gionta and Bourque to get 3 lines going.

I'm a little biased for Bourque-Pleks-Gionta. It has chemistry, can be matched against scoring lines and is a combo on which Bourque produces.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CloudReader View Post
    I'm a little biased for Bourque-Pleks-Gionta. It has chemistry, can be matched against scoring lines and is a combo on which Bourque produces.
    To me the numbers show otherwise. Gionta and Bourque are leftover wingers paired with Plek who is no longer a 70-point guy like he used to be. As a trio they are above-average defensively and merely average offensively on their best days.

Administrator

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...to-fourth-line

Gionta returns tonight, Briere to fourth line, White scratched...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Might be the end of the EGG line, but that does not means that Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher will stop produce. Their production rate so far this season was unsustainable anyway, but I fully expect Galchenyuk and Gallagher to finish the season with between 55 and 60 points. Eller had his worst game of the season in Vancouver, but he is playing some great hockey since last season, and you can't spend an extended period of time next to Pacioretty without racking a few helpers. If you watched the last two games, you saw that Plekanec was playing with the kids, not Desharnais.
    care to hazard a shot at Ellers point production? i picked him up while he was red hot..hes in my "dispensible" roster spot (the spot that i use to add hot FA's), but if he lookslike 60pnts then i might just hang onto him...

i really liked him on the EGG line thiugh
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Administrator

Some minor changes from what I posted earlier from canadiens.com:

- The Canadiens held an optional skate on Tuesday morning in Winnipeg. Rene Bourque and Max Pacioretty did not practice.

- Michel Therrien confirmed Ryan White and Nathan Beaulieu will be in the lineup against the Jets. Michael Bournival and Jarred Tinordi will not.

- Carey Price will get his fifth start of the season on Tuesday night. He is 10-3-3 in 16 career starts against the Jets/Thrashers.