Page 183 of 607 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    More on Leblanc:

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...ncs-agent-says

I don't see why it's a big deal but it's definitely a talking point. His play has not justified a promotion to the NHL. The good news is that he still has time to work things out and if he puts it all together then the lack of NHL-ready forwards in the organization will give him some favorable opportunities.
    I think that what makes it a little bit controversial is the timing. If he would have been he last player cut, or among the last ones, it would not have been a schock to anyone. But the fact that he was among the fisrt wave of cuts send the signal that the Habs don't hav any plans for him going forward. Being a first round draft pick (and a French canadian to boot), everything is magnified, especially in Montreal.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I think that what makes it a little bit controversial is the timing. If he would have been he last player cut, or among the last ones, it would not have been a schock to anyone. But the fact that he was among the fisrt wave of cuts send the signal that the Habs don't hav any plans for him going forward. Being a first round draft pick (and a French canadian to boot), everything is magnified, especially in Montreal.
    He could very well still be in the team's plans. He was just demoted to Hamilton which is where he was going anyway. Maybe the team just wanted to give more of a chance to players who have not been seen as much over the years. I mean, McCarron and Collberg are still there although neither one is likely to be on the final roster.

He could be on the way out too. Who knows?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

He could very well still be in the team's plans. He was just demoted to Hamilton which is where he was going anyway. Maybe the team just wanted to give more of a chance to players who have not been seen as much over the years. I mean, McCarron and Collberg are still there although neither one is likely to be on the final roster.

He could be on the way out too. Who knows?
    I couldn't disagree more. Bergevin clearly sent a message to Leblanc by cutting him so soon.

What that message is? We would probably never know.

Bergevin knows he's in Montréal and cutting Leblanc early was gonna do some waves, maybe he's trying to spark something in Leblanc.

What I regret the most out of this decision is that Leblanc could have fought for a spot in the starting lineup. He was having a good camp so far, and he's got NHL speed already.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Bergevin clearly sent a message to Leblanc by cutting him so soon.

What that message is? We would probably never know.

Bergevin knows he's in Montréal and cutting Leblanc early was gonna do some waves, maybe he's trying to spark something in Leblanc.

What I regret the most out of this decision is that Leblanc could have fought for a spot in the starting lineup. He was having a good camp so far, and he's got NHL speed already.
    Sending a message - sure. He was cut. Anyone who gets cut gets a clear message that they have work to do. Not much new here.

Shockwaves? What? Aside from his girlfriend, agent and Habs fans/media who want to see guys born in Quebec on the team this is a pretty logical move. He is not part of the 23 best.

Administrator

Douglas Murray out with LBI, Gionta back at practice without non-contact jersey.

Dobber Sports Expert

Sending a message - sure. He was cut. Anyone who gets cut gets a clear message that they have work to do. Not much new here.

Shockwaves? What? Aside from his girlfriend, agent and Habs fans/media who want to see guys born in Quebec on the team this is a pretty logical move. He is not part of the 23 best.
    How is it logical to cut Leblanc so early when he has a legitimate chance at a roster spot?

I mean, he's not much worse than Gabriel Dumont or Martin St-Pierre. And you really are not familiar with the Montréal fan base if you think that cutting so early a Quebecois first round pick is not going to make waves.

As for the Wozniak thing, god that was stupid on her part. How to make your boyfriend look more ridiculous..

Administrator

How is it logical to cut Leblanc so early when he has a legitimate chance at a roster spot?

I mean, he's not much worse than Gabriel Dumont or Martin St-Pierre. And you really are not familiar with the Montréal fan base if you think that cutting so early a Quebecois first round pick is not going to make waves.

As for the Wozniak thing, god that was stupid on her part. How to make your boyfriend look more ridiculous..
    The Habs have their roster guys already and Bournival/Dumont/Thomas are better options than Leblanc at this time.

He has been cut before. Why is this time so special? There was not any uproar any of the other times. He didn't get a roster spot because he doesn't deserve one. He was a disaster last year and needs more time to find his game.

The uproar is more media-driven than anything. It's illogical.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think it depends on the role. Leblanc, if he makes the team, should be playing in the top 9, not getting sporadic minutes and games on the fourth line. Better for him to be in Hamilton in that case.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Gionta is back and I expect him to be ready for the start of the season so my guess is that Blunden will take Parros' spot as 13th forward.

Dobber Sports Expert

You are all missing my point here. I don't think Leblanc had a spot on the team, what I find curious is the timing of his demotion. He was having a good camp, and after his horrible 2012-13 season it's good to see that there is still hope for him.

As of this Friday, the Habs play 5 times in the next 7 days, I don't see why they couldn't keep Leblanc and let him play some games while resting some veterans. His demotion was just premature, that's my whole point.....

Administrator

You are all missing my point here. I don't think Leblanc had a spot on the team, what I find curious is the timing of his demotion. He was having a good camp, and after his horrible 2012-13 season it's good to see that there is still hope for him.

As of this Friday, the Habs play 5 times in the next 7 days, I don't see why they couldn't keep Leblanc and let him play some games while resting some veterans. His demotion was just premature, that's my whole point.....
    If he's out of the mix then why not give a look to those who are in the mix and to some younger guys who have been seen less?

If he wants to turn the tide he needs to show more than he did against Boston.

Administrator

If he's out of the mix then why not give a look to those who are in the mix and to some younger guys who have been seen less?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Therrien
    “He came into camp with a good attitude and he was in better shape, but we know Louis Leblanc and we wanted to get to know some of the other players better”
    And there you have it.

Administrator

Hockey Prospectus on Habs' top 10 prospects:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1582

And the top 20 from Hockey's Future:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...op-20-ranking/

Administrator

Dobber Sports Padawan

Habs lineup for tonight game against Carolina. Curious to see how Collberg will fare with Pacioretty and Desharnais. Only 8 000 tickets sold for the game in Quebec City... not a great lineupm and not a great opponent...

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Collberg
    Prust-Galchenyuk-Thomas
    Bournival-Holland-McCarron
    Tanarsky-Dumont-Blunden

Subban-Gorges
    Pateryn-Tinordi
    Dietz-Nygren

Budaj
    Tokarski