Page 180 of 606 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 190 230 280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Looks like Therrien wants to try Briere with Desharnais and Pacioretty.

He's been saying this summer that he had a pretty good idea of where Briere fit, and apparently that's what it was.

We'll see if it sticks, but it's not what I'd expected. I saw Briere matched with the kids on a third line.
    I saw Briere on a line with Eller and Galchenyuk, with Gallagher lining up next to Desharnais and Pacioretty.

We'll see how things will work out.

Administrator

I like the idea of having "duos" set in stone (Desharnais/Pacioretty, Plek/Gionta, Eller/Galchenyuk) and then having versatile rovers who allow the coach to shuffle lines when needed. This is where I like Gallagher/Prust/Bourque as all three can be used in different situations. Briere is a vet and should be able to fit in wherever he falls.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I saw Briere on a line with Eller and Galchenyuk, with Gallagher lining up next to Desharnais and Pacioretty.

We'll see how things will work out.
    Yes. That's exactly what I had in mind when they acquired him. Whether you want to call that line 3, 2 or whatever.

I thought a veteran presence with skill made sense with those two.

Hey, we're one week into camp so lots of things will be changing and evolving as the season goes. It just surprised me that that was Therrien's first instinct.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Damn Briere... I wanted to see:

Patches, Galchenyuk, Gallagher
    Eller, Desharnais, Briere as a line up

Any Habs fan can comment on how likely this is?
    13 Team Yahoo Daily Points Keeper - 6 Keepers + 1 Rookie Keeper
    G | A | +/- | PIM | PPP | SHP | GWG | SOG
    Wins | Saves | SHO
    2 C | 2 LW | 2 RW | 3 D | 1 Util | 1 G

C - Crosby, Seguin (RW), Forsberg (RW)
    LW - Duchene (C), O'Reilly (C), Boedker
    RW - Hornqvist, Toffoli, Yakupov
    D - Karlsson, Niskanen, Vatanen, Faulk
    G - Anderson, Mason, Stalock

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Damn Briere... I wanted to see:

Patches, Galchenyuk, Gallagher
    Eller, Desharnais, Briere as a line up

Any Habs fan can comment on how likely this is?
    Probably not likely. I think they'll keep Eller as a center and Galch as a winger.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

The coach made it pretty obvious already that Galchenyuk is staying on the wing.

Dobber Sports Stud

According to La Presse, Martin Reway, this year's 4th rounder I believe, is turning some heads

Administrator

According to La Presse, Martin Reway, this year's 4th rounder I believe, is turning some heads
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=160396

He was drafted #116. He is an undersized home run swing type of player. Good skill and grit.

He is probably not in the mix this year although I would find it interesting if at some point a team just kept a hot player from camp in the lineup to try to ride the momentum into helping the team short-term. I'm not even convinced it should happen here, but if you sign the ELC and keep the guy under 10 GP it doesn't hurt anyone to try.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=160396

He was drafted #116. He is an undersized home run swing type of player. Good skill and grit.

He is probably not in the mix this year although I would find it interesting if at some point a team just kept a hot player from camp in the lineup to try to ride the momentum into helping the team short-term. I'm not even convinced it should happen here, but if you sign the ELC and keep the guy under 10 GP it doesn't hurt anyone to try.
    The Have just need to be careful not to rush anyone who isn't ready, like they did with Latendresse.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Stud

He doesn't sound like he's close to ready. He himself said he'd rather play centre in the Q, but he's been playing wing because his defensive play is not good enough. When your defensive play is not strong enough for the Q, you still have some work to do, lol.

He is a project who has apparently progressed very quickly since crossing the pond. Nice surprise so far, though.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He scored an nice goal against Price in the scrimmage... but did anyone see him in his post game interview?? He looks like 14 year-old teenager!! And if he is really 5-8 and 170... than I should be listed at 6-9 and 265! But great home-run pick by Timmins in the fourth round.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The coach made it pretty obvious already that Galchenyuk is staying on the wing.
    Yep, at least to start the season. I don't really think we'll see him at center this year unless a center gets traded or Desharnais goes through an horrible slump (like no points in 20 games). Galchenyuk and Eller displayed great chemistry last season, so I hope this duo stays together for a while.

Dobber Sports Guru

The Hockey News has a piece about Geoffrion since he retired. Apparently, his goal now is to be a GM someday. Never knew that.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The Have just need to be careful not to rush anyone who isn't ready, like they did with Latendresse.
    What I was proposing probably shouldn't even involve Reway and also avoids actually rushing someone to the NHL. I was just thinking if a surprise young guy catches fire on a normal line with 2 other regulars then you could keep him up for the first few season games to try to help the team get off to a good start.

It's not like I was saying they should bring in Reway on the main roster full-time.

Dobber Sports Guru

What I was proposing probably shouldn't even involve Reway and also avoids actually rushing someone to the NHL. I was just thinking if a surprise young guy catches fire on a normal line with 2 other regulars then you could keep him up for the first few season games to try to help the team get off to a good start.

It's not like I was saying they should bring in Reway on the main roster full-time.
    Sorry. Yeah, I was agreeing with that. Just adding my two cents that they have to be careful.