Page 179 of 606 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Meh, who was really interesting and would be able step in and make the NHL?

I'd rather give another shot at Leblanc who had an abysmal season last year but had injuries and a string of bad luck and was actually pretty decent during the 2011-2012 season playing with a very bad team. I believe that, with a good camp, he would earn that final chance.

Nice to finally talk NHL.
    Andrew Miller, Antoine Laganiere, Drew Leblanc, Eriah Hayes, Kellen Lain, Kyle Flanagan...

Not saying any of them would be overnight sensations but I feel the team has a weakness in F depth. Signing one of these guys could maybe give the team more options.

Quote Originally Posted by migbas View Post
    U think christian thomas could start the year on the 3rd line ... With prust moen white on the 4th??
    He will not bump Prust out of any roster position this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Andrew Miller, Antoine Laganiere, Drew Leblanc, Eriah Hayes, Kellen Lain, Kyle Flanagan...

Not saying any of them would be overnight sensations but I feel the team has a weakness in F depth. Signing one of these guys could maybe give the team more options.
    Well, I have to defer to you for that kind of stuff, you know much better than I do. Depth is always good to have but I'm really not to worried. Of course, I don't feel any of our depth forward could step in in an offensive role, there are many who can play good checking roles and fill the void for the short term. In a few years, the forward depth will be much better, hopefully.

It's really too bad that guys like De La Rose, Collberg and Lekhonen won't be at the camp.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Well, I have to defer to you for that kind of stuff, you know much better than I do. Depth is always good to have but I'm really not to worried. Of course, I don't feel any of our depth forward could step in in an offensive role, there are many who can play good checking roles and fill the void for the short term. In a few years, the forward depth will be much better, hopefully.

It's really too bad that guys like De La Rose, Collberg and Lekhonen won't be at the camp.
    I'm kind of with you to be honest about it not being a big deal. I'm big on details so I will point out the lack of depth for what it is. Unless there's a bunch of injuries at the same time during the season it will not be an issue. I just think it's better to have better player than not, especially when the unsigned free agents can be had for free.

Administrator

Apparently the Habs have invited Matt Lashoff to camp. He is a former first-round pick who hasn't developed as expected. Mediocre offensive numbers and good PIM in the AHL. Played last year in Europe. Probably just depth for Hamilton.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Magnus Nygren

I'm hearing good things about Nygren from the rookie camp. Mind you he is 23 yrs old but I saw an interview with him at camp and he says he really wants to play in North America even if it means that he has to start in Hamilton.

Supposedly he is very close to NHL ready. I would think he needs a bit of time to adjust to the speed which he did point out in the interview, but I think he could be a bit of a sleeper for this season. He doesn't seem to be on many people's radar and I would expect a callup this season.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    I'm hearing good things about Nygren from the rookie camp. Mind you he is 23 yrs old but I saw an interview with him at camp and he says he really wants to play in North America even if it means that he has to start in Hamilton.

Supposedly he is very close to NHL ready. I would think he needs a bit of time to adjust to the speed which he did point out in the interview, but I think he could be a bit of a sleeper for this season. He doesn't seem to be on many people's radar and I would expect a callup this season.
    Nygren is another Diaz/Streit type of guy. Not necessarily in style of play (never seen Nygren play) but they all put in their time overseas and crossed the pond ready to go. The Habs have way too much D depth to bring him in right away. But if the team loses Diaz and/or Markov next summer then Beaulieu and/or Nygren could be up for a roster spot as a puck-moving replacement.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post

He was defenseman of the year in the Swedish Elitserien last season. He could surprise if he adapts his game quickly. From what I read, Beaulieu did not do very well during the rookie training camp. He could get bypassed by a guy like Nygren if he does not adjust his game.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    He was defenseman of the year in the Swedish Elitserien last season. He could surprise if he adapts his game quickly. From what I read, Beaulieu did not do very well during the rookie training camp. He could get bypassed by a guy like Nygren if he does not adjust his game.
    I put a lot more weight into a full successful AHL season than a rookie camp.

Dobber Sports Stud

I put a lot more weight into a full successful AHL season than a rookie camp.
    Of course. I'm not trying to imply the contrary, just relaying thoughts from people who've seen the camp. He could turn it around (probably will in Hamilton where he finished strong last season), you have to be patient with young prospects. But him not being able to be among the best dmen of a tournament where most of the players won't even get an invitation to the big camp is somewhat of a concern imo.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Of course. I'm not trying to imply the contrary, just relaying thoughts from people who've seen the camp. He could turn it around (probably will in Hamilton where he finished strong last season), you have to be patient with young prospects. But him not being able to be among the best dmen of a tournament where most of the players won't even get an invitation to the big camp is somewhat of a concern imo.
    With the court case happening off-ice I kind of expected him to have a slow start (and definitely out of the mix in Montreal). It's good having Nygren as depth though, because he can cover if Beaulieu falters.

This goes back to what I wrote about not liking the team's forward depth in terms of NHL-ready guys. Dumont is ready, and maybe Bournival. But that's it. I consider guys like Lebland and Thomas a year away. Leaves things a bit thin. The talent is there but... if someone falters then what's next? (And no I don't want to see Blunden in Montreal this year)

Should be a fun ride regardless. It's pretty optimistic when we're talking about depth strengths and weaknesses down in Hamilton while feeling pretty good about the NHL roster.

Dobber Sports Padawan

With the court case happening off-ice I kind of expected him to have a slow start (and definitely out of the mix in Montreal). It's good having Nygren as depth though, because he can cover if Beaulieu falters.

This goes back to what I wrote about not liking the team's forward depth in terms of NHL-ready guys. Dumont is ready, and maybe Bournival. But that's it. I consider guys like Lebland and Thomas a year away. Leaves things a bit thin. The talent is there but... if someone falters then what's next? (And no I don't want to see Blunden in Montreal this year)

Should be a fun ride regardless. It's pretty optimistic when we're talking about depth strengths and weaknesses down in Hamilton while feeling pretty good about the NHL roster.
    There is definitely more depth on D this season in term of NHL ready talent. In addition to the 8 Dmen on one way contracts, guys like Tinordi, Beaulieu, Nygren, Pateryn and Ellis are all knocking on the door.

Up front, Dumont and Leblanc are the first callups in my mind. I fully expect Leblanc to rebound thios year, even if I think since the day he was drafted that he will never be more than a quality 3rd liner. Besides these two, it is very slim. But the depth is coming in a few years with guys like Bozon, Collberg, Hudon, McCarron and a few more guys.

Dobber Sports Stud

Looks like Therrien wants to try Briere with Desharnais and Pacioretty.

He's been saying this summer that he had a pretty good idea of where Briere fit, and apparently that's what it was.

We'll see if it sticks, but it's not what I'd expected. I saw Briere matched with the kids on a third line.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Looks like Therrien wants to try Briere with Desharnais and Pacioretty.

He's been saying this summer that he had a pretty good idea of where Briere fit, and apparently that's what it was.

We'll see if it sticks, but it's not what I'd expected. I saw Briere matched with the kids on a third line.
    I think assigning numbers to lines is the problem here. The Eller line would be #3 based on last year but the three have enough potential that they could be the "#1" line by the end of this year. Looks to me like Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta is the defensive line so all three will probably suffer offensively.

Dobber Sports Star

I think assigning numbers to lines is the problem here. The Eller line would be #3 based on last year but the three have enough potential that they could be the "#1" line by the end of this year. Looks to me like Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta is the defensive line so all three will probably suffer offensively.
    That sounds about right.

brière-desharnais-pacioretty and gallagher-eller-galchenyuk as the two offensive lineups with bourque-plekanec-gionta as a defensive unit.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Administrator

Last year Gallagher was able to jump-start any line that he was placed on so expect him to move around the lineup again this year. Also, Prust would take shifts on just about every line during games especially when playing with the lead or when the team needed some life.

Just a few things to note going forward.