Page 168 of 606 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Dan Kramer from allhabs.net watches almost every Hamilton Bulldog game and when Kristo played there at the end of the season he said it was a very underwhelming first impression by Kristo.
    Kristo was not very good but in just nine games I have trouble holding that against him in such a small sample size on a horrible team. My guess is that something happened off-ice while in Hamilton.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Yannick Weber did not receive a qualifying offer.

Administrator

From canadiens.com:

- The Canadiens extended qualifying offers on Tuesday night to forwards Ryan White and Gabriel Dumont, as well as goaltenders Dustin Tokarski and Robert Mayer. Forward Ian Schultz and defensemen Yannick Weber and Joe Stejskal were not extended qualifying offers and are set to become unrestricted free agents on July 5.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Pierre Lebrun reports that the Habs are among the three teams still in the hunt for the services of Danny Briere. He also reports that Briere is looking for a one year deal.

Not a fan of this... the only good news is that he is looking for a one year deal. If Briere ends up in Montreal, there would have to be a line with at least two of Gionta-Briere-Gallagher-Desharnais... Unless another move is in the air.

Administrator

I like Briere... three years ago. Not now. Stay away please.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Pierre Lebrun reports that the Habs are among the three teams still in the hunt for the services of Danny Briere. He also reports that Briere is looking for a one year deal.

Not a fan of this... the only good news is that he is looking for a one year deal. If Briere ends up in Montreal, there would have to be a line with at least two of Gionta-Briere-Gallagher-Desharnais... Unless another move is in the air.
    oh for ****s sake please no...the team is FINALLY on the right track, they've rid themselves of shitty players and shitty contracts and they've got lots of young promising players coming up thru the system. You don't ****ing need a 35 year old albatross around your neck while you try to build a team. Take a freakin lesson from the teams who have built cup contenders and how they went about it.

Banned

Briere would be great for the Habs I'd say. They need some more veteran leadership for their young guys, would be great because of the French connection obviously, and still has game in him. Habs also need some playoff performers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    oh for ****s sake please no...the team is FINALLY on the right track, they've rid themselves of shitty players and shitty contracts and they've got lots of young promising players coming up thru the system. You don't ****ing need a 35 year old albatross around your neck while you try to build a team. Take a freakin lesson from the teams who have built cup contenders and how they went about it.
    Yeah, they all add solid veterans to compliment their youth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yeah, they all add solid veterans to compliment their youth.
    not when you're not a cup contender you don't dumbass...the Habs are a few years away, they need to focus on developing their talent, chemistry and depth, not overpaying washed up vets to steal ice time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    not when you're not a cup contender you don't dumbass...the Habs are a few years away, they need to focus on developing their talent, chemistry and depth, not overpaying washed up vets to steal ice time
    Ah now I remember why I have you on ignore. Classy. Good day.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's not that I don't think that, in the right role, Briere would not help the Habs... On a one year deal, he could be useful. But for a team that is looking to get bigger, Briere is far from a great fit. As I said, there are already one smurf on each of the first three lines (Gionta, Gallagher, DD), so adding another one would be a nonsense.

As McGoo said, the Habs are not a contender this season, and they won't be one next season either. Everyone has to understand that the team is not as bad as it was two seasons ago, but not as good as the standings said last season. Heck, if the season was 82 games long, they would probably have finigh around the 7th spot. The real window will open in about 3 years, and then, the addition of solid veteran UFAs will make more sense. The Habs still have to find another stud Dman to add to their core before they can be considered a contender.

Administrator

Habs can do better. They didn't clear Cole's contract for the prize to be Briere.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Habs can do better. They didn't clear Cole's contract for the prize to be Briere.
    They can do better for sure... and I don't think that any UFA on the market is a solution right now. They can upgrade via trade, with over 9 millions in cap space. Their cap situation going forward is also pretty good, so there is plenty of options for Bergevin. But bringing Briere is not the best of them.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    They can do better for sure... and I don't think that any UFA on the market is a solution right now. They can upgrade via trade, with over 9 millions in cap space. Their cap situation going forward is also pretty good, so there is plenty of options for Bergevin. But bringing Briere is not the best of them.
    If it happens and it's a cheap deal then it's not the end of the world and might make a few local fans happy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If it happens and it's a cheap deal then it's not the end of the world and might make a few local fans happy.
    I'm wondering if Bergevin did not get involved in Lecavalier and Briere as a PR move... Showing interest without really wanting to make the best offer. Probably wasn't the case with Lecavalier, since I think he was truly interested, but not sure about Briere, since I don't see it as a great hockey move.