Page 166 of 606 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If Lecavalier signs for around 4 million (not too long-term) and Plekanec can get a nice return (seeing is believing), then this could work out well. But I see too much "if" there.
    Agreed, there are a lot uncertainties... I'm not saying that it will happen, or that it has to happen. It works if Lecavalier signs for no more than 4-4.5 and for no longer than 3 seasons.

Dobber Sports Pro

If Lecavalier signs for around 4 million (not too long-term) and Plekanec can get a nice return (seeing is believing), then this could work out well. But I see too much "if" there.
    For sure. And regarding D for the future, Tinordi and Beaulieu and blue chippers that are already showing great signs.

I also am confident that Pleks offensive output over the next 3 years will be equal to or greater than Vinny's.

He's also more durable and having a strong 2 way C is key for a champion ship team (see Bergeron/Toews). Obviously he's not at that level but Vinny is nowhere close to Plek on the defensive side of things.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    For sure. And regarding D for the future, Tinordi and Beaulieu and blue chippers that are already showing great signs.

I also am confident that Pleks offensive output over the next 3 years will be equal to or greater than Vinny's.

He's also more durable and having a strong 2 way C is key for a champion ship team (see Bergeron/Toews). Obviously he's not at that level but Vinny is nowhere close to Plek on the defensive side of things.
    Not sold on Beaulieu yet. Tinordi will be a good shutdown guy. But you can't say "I will not add another stud dman because we already Beaulieu and Tinordi". I think that adding another top dman should be the priority for Bergevin.

I would argue that Eller will be a bigger version of Plekanec in a couple of season. You are talking about championship teams... they all had solid blue lines in recent years.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just to make it clear... I am not a diehard Vinny fan. This scenario could work with any other solid center. It's just that Vinny will be available in a couple of days. Also, I like Pleks a lot, I think he is a great player. But in order to build a perennial contender, I would be ready to deal him for the right return.

Administrator

They are showing great signs but that is for the future. Currently there are guys like Markov and Bouillon who will not be around forever, not to mention that the D is not all that great. It is good, but is missing a good top-4 guy that can help cover for some deficiencies.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

They are showing great signs but that is for the future. Currently there are guys like Markov and Bouillon who will not be around forever, not to mention that the D is not all that great. It is good, but is missing a good top-4 guy that can help cover for some deficiencies.
    Absolutely.
    My intention was to illustrate that Beaulieu and Tinordi will be regulars by the time Boullion (terrible) and Markov (great) are gone. No question the blue can always be improved upon. Even Gorges had a bit of a down year.

Montreal's window is beginning to open and I am very against signing big name FAs. Free Agency shows us year after year that mediocre players become over paid anchors that drag the ship down. Other than signing role players (like Prust) I would rather be patient, build through the draft, and make smart trades (like the Ryder-Cole one) that helps with picks, cap space, term, and skill.

Keepers

Dobber Sports Pro

That said....
    Back to original discussion.

Pleks for Bogo would be nice once Eller and Galchenyuk are further in their development (1-2 years)

Keepers

Administrator

That said....

Pleks for Bogo would be nice once Eller and Galchenyuk are further in their development (1-2 years)
    I think Eller and Galchenyuk are fine to get larger roles now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That said....

Unless you think that the Habs will win the Cup this year or next, if the deal is on the table right now, you do it. That way, all the young players will enter their prime at the same moment (or about). Plus, Pleks value will never be higher, since he will only have less years on his contract as time goes by.

A Vinny-Eller-DD combination at center for a couple of seasons, before Galchenyuk and Eller are ready to handle the load.

A Subban-Bogo(like)-Beaulieu-Tinordi core for years...

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting analysis by Andrew Berkshire. http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...real-canadiens
    If Lecavalier could be had on 1 year deal and Desharnais moves to the wing it would be a worthwhile signing. Montreal is a good team with a decent chance to go on a deep cup run. This would shore up some additional offence and not lose any future assets.

Keepers

Dobber Sports Stud

Interesting analysis by Andrew Berkshire. http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...real-canadiens
    If Lecavalier could be had on 1 year deal and Desharnais moves to the wing it would be a worthwhile signing. Montreal is a good team with a decent chance to go on a deep cup run. This would shore up some additional offence and not lose any future assets.
    I MUCH prefer this than the trading Plekanec idea. He plays a great 2-way ame and would be sorely missed in my opinion. IMO he is one of the team's best assets and I am consistently baffled at people bringing up (not necessarly here, talking generally) as someone we should be looking to trade.

DD is definetly to most expandable of the two.

Dobber Sports Guru

If I'm Vinnie, I don't take a one-year deal unless I plan to re-sign with Tampa in a year's time. I take a four-year $20 million deal if it's offered.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    If I'm Vinnie, I don't take a one-year deal unless I plan to re-sign with Tampa in a year's time. I take a four-year $20 million deal if it's offered.
    I think that's the idea. He probably wants to be settled in Tampa for the rest of his life. This is where I don't think he goes to Montreal though. On a one-year deal he can sign with the best cup contender that has cap space. The Habs are good but they are not at that level.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...orte-au-ch.php

Article in French, but Vinny states that he don't want to sign a short term deal.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...orte-au-ch.php

Article in French, but Vinny states that he don't want to sign a short term deal.
    Can't read French, but according to the sports radio guys in Ottawa, he wants this contract to be the one that takes him to retirement. So five years, maybe?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid