Page 165 of 606 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 175 215 265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

A lot of discussion in recent days about the buyout of Briere and the potential buyout of Lecavalier, and the option of bringing one of them to Montreal. I don't see any good reason to bring in Briere, I wouldn't mind having Lecavalier on a 2-3 year deal. Plekanec would then be expandable, and could be traded in a package for a top 3 dman.

That kind of move would make the Habs bigger. even if Lecavalier isn't the grittier guy around, he is still 6'4". It would also give time to Galchenyuk to groom into that #1 center.

Absolutely not a necessary move, but could be an interesting option.

Administrator

I don't believe that Lecavalier will be bought out.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I don't see any good reason to bring in Briere, I wouldn't mind having Lecavalier on a 2-3 year deal.
    Agree with that.
    Lecavalier to Montreal, cheap and without trading assets.
    No risk here.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Agree with that.
    Lecavalier to Montreal, cheap and without trading assets.
    No risk here.
    I agree with this in principle but I think he will cost a lot of money if he becomes a free agent. Probably in the Plekanec neighbourhood.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I agree with this in principle but I think he will cost a lot of money if he becomes a free agent. Probably in the Plekanec neighbourhood.
    Now that it is official... Do you go after him? I think that he will take just a little bit less than Plekanec, around 4-4.5M per season. Plekanec would then be traded, preferably for a solid dman.

Administrator

I don't believe that Lecavalier will be bought out.
    Swing and a miss!

Now that it is official... Do you go after him? I think that he will take just a little bit less than Plekanec, around 4-4.5M per season. Plekanec would then be traded, preferably for a solid dman.
    I think they should look into it but I don't know if it's the right move. The fans would love it but his body is breaking down. Looking at his last three years of GP and PTS... I would have concerns.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would prefer to have Plekanec over Vinny to be honest.
    They've put up similar numbers over the past 3 years and Plek is a great penalty killer/defensive player
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

If he gets a front-loaded deal like 3 years, 12 million (5/4/3) then I can live with that. But I can certainly see him getting 5 million per. If that's the case, he should be someone else's problem.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    I would prefer to have Plekanec over Vinny to be honest.
    They've put up similar numbers over the past 3 years and Plek is a great penalty killer/defensive player

Lecavalier produces at a 0.8 point per game rate over the last three seasons (135 in 168)... he misses around 15 games a year. There is a risk, but before those three seasons, he was plaing over 80 games every year.

I agree that Plekanec is very valuable, and I would hate to see him go. But would you rather have Plekanec alone, or Lecavalier and a player like Bogosian (just an example)?

I am not saying that they should get him at all cost, but it is an option worth thinking about it.

Dobber Sports Guru

Here in Ottawa, a radio host said Vinnie just doesn't have the drive anymore. He's already hit a 50-goal season, won a Cup, made oodles of money, has a huge boat house (where he lives, apparently), etc.

Now, maybe that changes with a buyout, and he wants to prove people wrong. But he's also never had to deal with a rabid fanbase or media either. So if he doesn't have the drive, how bad will it be for him in Montreal once the fans and the media turn on him?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

I agree that Plekanec is very valuable, and I would hate to see him go. But would you rather have Plekanec alone, or Lecavalier and a player like Bogosian (just an example)?
    This is under the assumption that Lecavalier signs for peanuts which I doubt happens.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is under the assumption that Lecavalier signs for peanuts which I doubt happens.
    No, not assuming anything... Lecavalier would sign around or under Plekanec's money, and there is still money to work with under the cap to fit another salary.

Dobber Sports Pro

Lecavalier produces at a 0.8 point per game rate over the last three seasons (135 in 168)... he misses around 15 games a year. There is a risk, but before those three seasons, he was plaing over 80 games every year.

I am not saying that they should get him at all cost, but it is an option worth thinking about it.
    I'm not sure how Bogosian got into the equation but obviously having Bogo would be a good thing.

Pleks is younger, more durable, better defensively and we already have our future C's in Galch and Eller (and unfortunately Desharnais).

Pleks has 3 years left at 5. Leave it as is. I do not think that Vinny would provide more offense than Pleks over the next 3 years. If he could be signed for ~3M than I would take the depth but he'll get plenty more than that on the market.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    I'm not sure how Bogosian got into the equation but obviously having Bogo would be a good thing.

Pleks is younger, more durable, better defensively and we already have our future C's in Galch and Eller (and unfortunately Desharnais).

Pleks has 3 years left at 5. Leave it as is. I do not think that Vinny would provide more offense than Pleks over the next 3 years. If he could be signed for ~3M than I would take the depth but he'll get plenty more than that on the market.
    I specified that Bogo was just an exemple!! Him, or someone like him, would get into the equation if Plekanec gets traded for him.

Plekanec is under contract for three more seasons. After that, who knows. Do I think he is extremely valuable to this team? Yes I do. Do I think that he is an irreplacable piece of the future core of this team? No I don't.

I simply calling for a smart asset management. If you bring another center (Lecavalier) that will, more or less replace Pleks offense for the next three seasons, and that you can package Pleks with a good pick to get a young dman that could be part of the future core (like Bogo), than it is worth it, in my opinion.

As you said, Galchenyuk and Eller are the centers of the future, not Pleks. So if the Habs can adequatly replace Plekanec and get something valuable for him, they should think about it.

Administrator

If Lecavalier signs for around 4 million (not too long-term) and Plekanec can get a nice return (seeing is believing), then this could work out well. But I see too much "if" there.