Page 163 of 606 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 173 213 263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Guru

Is Sean Burke still the goalie coach in Phoenix? Or does it depend on Tippett? He's done a pretty good job there over the years.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Is Sean Burke still the goalie coach in Phoenix? Or does it depend on Tippett? He's done a pretty good job there over the years.
    I don't know if they would try to get Eli Wilson to sign with the club. He is the goalie coach that work with Price in the summer, and he seems to be very comfortable with him.

Dobber Sports Guru

I was thinking Burke because he was such a tall goalie that maybe Price can relate pretty well. Plus, Burke has done well in Phoenix with Smith and Bryz.

Wilson is a good choice as well.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Sage

Hey guys, I just snagged Max Pacioretty in my most important pool and while I'm obviously very familiar with him I was hoping to to get some predictions from the experts on everything Montreal who watch him every night. What do you guys see in production coming from him over the next 3 years or so? pts only.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Hey guys, I just snagged Max Pacioretty in my most important pool and while I'm obviously very familiar with him I was hoping to to get some predictions from the experts on everything Montreal who watch him every night. What do you guys see in production coming from him over the next 3 years or so? pts only.
    There's a bit of a debate within Habs fans about him. A lot think he can hit 70-80 points (he was on a 72-point pace this past year).

I'm one of those who belong to the other group. He's a streaky player (when he's streaking good, he's great getting things like eight goals in eight games, but when he's bad, he's horrible, like 10 games with no goals). He benefitted greatly two seasons ago to injuries and a hot teammate. He also sees less ice time in the third when the team is leading (less ice time equals less chance of getting points).

I think he's more of a 60-65 point guy, who once every few seasons might get to 75-80.

Just keep in mind I'm in the minority on this.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    2011-12: 65 points in 79 games (67 in 82)
    2012-13: 39 points in 44 games (73 in 82)

Reasons for concern:
    -This year he started showing a bit of a tendency to prefer the perimeter. He is talented and making plays away from the net is obviously easier on the body. Bad habit since he is far more effective using his size around the net. I think he works it out since he is still so young.
    -Even though he only missed 7 games over the past 2 years, I do consider him an injury concern. He returns quickly from injuries but he is always banged up with some kind of problem. This can add up over time.

Reasons for optimism:
    -He does have the "it" factor when it comes to putting up points. Even though I didn't like him playing farther away from the net he still found ways to appear on the score sheet.
    -The Habs are mainly developing top-end centermen and Pac is unchallenged on the wing. Opportunity is never a concern.

Final verdict: Expect 60-65 points per season. His last two years suggest he could do better than this but I am worried that some of the injuries stretch out a bit more. Plus, I prefer being pessimistic with projections.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Final verdict: Expect 60-65 points per season. His last two years suggest he could do better than this but I am worried that some of the injuries stretch out a bit more. Plus, I prefer being pessimistic with projections.
    That's where I have him. He might flirth with 80pts once or twice, but I wouldn't draft him as a 75-80pts guy.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    That's where I have him. He might flirth with 80pts once or twice, but I wouldn't draft him as a 75-80pts guy.
    80 points is certainly possible but I wouldn't use that number for a projection. He could do it at any point but if I'm drafting in a pool I still rank him with the 65 point guys.

Dobber Sports Sage

Thank you for the great breakdown guys. That is about what I wanted to hear. He has a great contract in my pool so 70pts would be awesome for me. Thanks again!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

I remember our discussion about the Habs needing one guy on D to tag team with Gorges on the PK and also play some PP2 minutes. This weekend I was talking to my brother and realized that former Hab Ryan McDonagh would be exactly what the team needs to fill those minutes.

Ouch.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    i remember our discussion about the habs needing one guy on d to tag team with gorges on the pk and also play some pp2 minutes. This weekend i was talking to my brother and realized that former hab ryan mcdonagh would be exactly what the team needs to fill those minutes.

Ouch.
    stop bringing this up!!!
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    stop bringing this up!!!
    I only did it once.

Administrator

According to Kypreos Subban is going to be named the Norris winner. Time for him to do the Evander Kane shot with the piles of money in his hands...

Administrator

I have it on good word that if true Subban will accept his award and then immediately call Bergevin to begin negotiations on an extension...

Administrator

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673677

Drewiske re-signs for two years. Not sure about this one. I like the player but the team has too many bodies. I guess this means Weber is out while Drewiske plays the #7 press box role.