Page 162 of 606 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Would love to hear thoughts on Nygren. I hear he is near Nhl ready. Would he have a chance at a lineup spot this fall or a least a call up?
    Is he more of an off. D or two way player?
    He is a candidate for call-up duty although I think Tinordi and Beaulieu are ahead in the pecking order.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    As I said in my post, I don't think (and wish) that gorges gets traded... But who is out to make room for a MacDonald type of guy?
    I think Bouillon gets pushed into press box duty and Tinordi starts on the farm. That's how I would play it. Weber/Drewiske/Kaberle are likely gone anyway so the team needs a #7 and as we saw this year you never have too much depth.

Administrator

Interesting article on Max Pacioretty:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|MTL|home

Dobber Sports Padawan

News from the scouting team. Shane Churla has been named the team's head amateur scout. For those wondering, he will be working for Timmins, the director of evaluation and development. He worked for the Dallas Stars in previous years.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    News from the scouting team. Shane Churla has been named the team's head amateur scout. For those wondering, he will be working for Timmins, the director of evaluation and development. He worked for the Dallas Stars in previous years.
    I don't know much about Churla aside from the fact that he wasn't very good in NHL94. But neither was Bergevin so what do I know?

Administrator

Ryder is apparently going to be hitting the free agent market...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424300

In other news, I'll be out of town for the weekend so any news and discussion will be up to you guys.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Ryder is apparently going to be hitting the free agent market...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424300

In other news, I'll be out of town for the weekend so any news and discussion will be up to you guys.
    I like Ryder, but the Habs really need to be giving ice time to the young guys. With him gone, that should free up more time for Gallagher, Galch, etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I like Ryder, but the Habs really need to be giving ice time to the young guys. With him gone, that should free up more time for Gallagher, Galch, etc.
    I did not wanted to see Ryder back, but they still need to replace him in the top 9, either via a trade, a UFA or by giving the spot to a young guy. Since I don't think that any young player will be ready to fill in to start the season (Kristo is a long shot), I think that an aging vet on a short contract (like Jagr) or a guy like Bickell or Stalberg could step in.

Administrator

I think this is a good opportunity to use the free cap space to add a good piece to the puzzle. Ryder was not in the way of Galchenyuk and Gallagher and it's not like Collberg or Kristo will be overnight sensations. But I agree, if a good long-term fit cannot be found then it's far better to turn to a guy like Jagr on a short-term deal. It would be a disaster to be stuck in a long deal on a bad player since the amnesty buyouts are already being used.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think a top six next year of some combination of Pleks, Gionta, Pacioretty, Eller, Galch and Gallagher is the way to go (I'd put DD and Bourque on the third line, but that's just me).

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think a top six next year of some combination of Pleks, Gionta, Pacioretty, Eller, Galch and Gallagher is the way to go (I'd put DD and Bourque on the third line, but that's just me).
    I think that there won't be a huge difference between the top 6 and the top 9 at even strength. What will make the difference in total ice time will be the PP. A balanced top 9 is what made the Habs succesful early in the season. There was always a line that was able to step up and produce. One game, Pleks line looked like it was the #1 line, and a week later, it was Eller's. That is why the lost of Eller was such a blow for the Habs in the playoffs, since they weren't able to spread the offense on three lines.

I also would like to see Gionta role decrease a little bit. He can still be effective on the PK, but he is redundant on the PP. Give a larger role to Gallagher and Galchenyuk on the PP.

Administrator

I think the young guys will inevitably get more PP time. They will force the coach's hand because they are simply better than what is being put out there.

Dobber Sports Guru

Bored at work, so I decided to look over the rosters of the final four team.

It looks like Vokoun is the only former Hab on any of the teams. Am I missing anyone?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Bozon Signed

Canadiens sign forward Tim Bozon to a three-year contract

Thursday, 30.05.2013 / 3:00 PM / News

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL – Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced Thursday the signing of forward Tim Bozon to a three-year contract (2013-14 to 2015-16). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

In 69 games with the WHL’s Kamloops Blazers in 2012-13, Bozon collected 91 points (36 goals, 55 assists). He scored 14 of his goals on the powerplay and added two shorthanded tallies. He ranked second on his team in goals (tied with J.C. Lipon) and points, while finishing third in assists. Bozon served 58 penalty minutes and led his team with a +37 plus/minus differential. He added six points (4 goals, 2 assists) in eight playoff contests. He completed his season by suiting up for Team France at the IIHF World Championship presented simultaneously in Stockholm and Helsinki, notching one helper in five games.

Bozon, 19, has recorded 162 points (72 goals, 90 assists) in 140 games in two seasons with Kamloops. The 6’01’’ and 185 lbs forward has served 98 penalty minutes and displays a +64 plus/minus differential.

A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Bozon was selected in the third round, 64th overall by the Canadiens at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He took part in the second part of the Canadiens’ development camp in June 2012.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Habs announced that Pierre Groulx, the goalie coach, won't be back next year.

He was the only assistant to keep his job when Therrien arrived. In the light of the recent performance/comments by Price, his future was in jeopardy.

Curious to see who they will bring next season, and the impact it will have on Price.