Page 161 of 606 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    G/SOG: low. It's been that way for two years and I don't see him suddenly developing a shooter mentality.

A/PPP: solid. He is a playmaker so these numbers will be up.

One concern though is that he could be in a situation similar to Daniel Briere in Philly. Briere was thought to be in a great position but the up-and-comers pushed him down the depth chart. I would use caution if I'm acquiring him. Definitely do not pay the 60-point price.
    thanxs for the help. ive been going back and forth with someone in my league for him. and we have come close to me giving 9th overall pick in this draft for him and a high 2nd rounder next yr. while I like it im trying to use the 9th overall for a bigger type deal.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Hey so another question for what we can expect for Markov for the next few season.
    Does he play 2-3 yrs more? Will it be in mtl? Will he still be a huge PPP point getter?

Thanks for the help
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Hey so another question for what we can expect for Markov for the next few season.
    Does he play 2-3 yrs more? Will it be in mtl? Will he still be a huge PPP point getter?

Thanks for the help
    What we saw in this 48 games season isagood indication of what could happen with Markov next season. His production steadily decline all season long, in part because he is no longer a 25 minutes a game two way stud. He will still get a lot of points on the PP, but the key is to manage his 5-on-5 minutes. If the Habs can find a way to slot him on the second pairing and play him around 20 minutes a game, including top PP time, he will have a better chance to sustain his production throughout the year.

As for his future, it will come down to the kind of contract that he will be seeking next summer. I highly doubt that he will be back if he's looking for the same kind of money that he is earning right now. He will get another contract for sure, and he will get a lot of PPP as long as he is playing, but it might be in another city. That said, he might be the perfect candidate for a "home town discount"... He loves the city, he obtained his canadian citizenship a couple of years ago, and he does not look like a guy who enjoys change a lot.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    he does not look like a guy who enjoys change a lot.
    If he doesn't like change, then how come when he tore his ACL and had to get it replaced he insisted on doing it a second time?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

What we saw in this 48 games season isagood indication of what could happen with Markov next season. His production steadily decline all season long, in part because he is no longer a 25 minutes a game two way stud. He will still get a lot of points on the PP, but the key is to manage his 5-on-5 minutes. If the Habs can find a way to slot him on the second pairing and play him around 20 minutes a game, including top PP time, he will have a better chance to sustain his production throughout the year.

As for his future, it will come down to the kind of contract that he will be seeking next summer. I highly doubt that he will be back if he's looking for the same kind of money that he is earning right now. He will get another contract for sure, and he will get a lot of PPP as long as he is playing, but it might be in another city. That said, he might be the perfect candidate for a "home town discount"... He loves the city, he obtained his canadian citizenship a couple of years ago, and he does not look like a guy who enjoys change a lot.

Agree with this take. He's considerably slower than he was, and that means he can no longer be relied upon as he was before his two knee injuries, to be a dominant, 2-way, no 1 Dman. He's still dynamite as a PP QB though and has great chemistry with Subban, so his points will still be pretty good from a fantasy perspective - think 40+ pt dman with 70%+ coming on the PP.

I also think he'll take a decent hometown discount, I imagine he wants to be part of this steadily imnproving team and, as habs83 said, probably won't want a major change. Also I imagine Bergevin still sees lots of value in him, including the veteran leadership he brings and the fact that he's an excellent complement to Emelin (and vice versa) at even strength and off the ice, that's big because Emelin is an important cog on this team's D corps.
    Last edited by ross10019; May 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

He is going to sign for less than $5.7 million because he simply is not worth that much anymore. If he re-signs for something like $4 million then yeah it's a discount but I don't think the Habs would be getting a huge bargain there.

Still a very good player, but he has become inconsistent in all areas.

Dobber Sports Icon

He is going to sign for less than $5.7 million because he simply is not worth that much anymore. If he re-signs for something like $4 million then yeah it's a discount but I don't think the Habs would be getting a huge bargain there.

Still a very good player, but he has become inconsistent in all areas.

Maybe $4M for one year, but longer term and yeah that's probably too much. I agree he's more worth around $3M nowadays, but they'd probably offer 4 for one year, which he might not accept.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Maybe $4M for one year, but longer term and yeah that's probably too much. I agree he's more worth around $3M nowadays, but they'd probably offer 4 for one year, which he might not accept.
    What I meant is that Markov would probably get 4.5-5 million from another team in free agency so 4 million isn't that much of a discount.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would be more than fine with Markov at 4M$ for 2-3 years.
    Honestly, I don't think the Habs can sign him under 5M$ per.
    And that would cost a lot more to replace him.
    I totally agree that he's not the General of the pre-injuries time, but I think he's a must on that team and I'd be very disappointed to see him sign elsewhere.
    The Subban and Emelin factors brought by ross10019 are important. These two players get better and better because of Markov, as Diaz too.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

The Habs are missing one dman back there. They need a defensive rock to cover for Markov on the PK but they also need a guy who can play PP2 next to Diaz. It doesn't have to be anything special, but just an all-purpose player that can play multiple roles.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Habs are missing one dman back there. They need a defensive rock to cover for Markov on the PK but they also need a guy who can play PP2 next to Diaz. It doesn't have to be anything special, but just an all-purpose player that can play multiple roles.

I agree that the Habs need an upgrade on D. In fact, I think that should be Bergevin's primary target before next season. I also agree with your statement above, concerning getting some help on the PP2.

But how can Bergevin achieve this?

Next year D corps will look like this, when everyone is healthy (so around November, when Emelin will be back):

Subban-Gorges
    Emelin-Markov
    Diaz-Tinordi
    Bouillon

Subban is the clear #1. He forms a lethal pairing with Markov on PP1. Tinordi and Emelin bring some much needed physicality to this group, along with Bouillon, who is the perfect #7 guy, who could fill any spot in case of injury, or give a break to a rookie like Tinordi from time to time.

With internal options like Weber, Beaulieu and Pateryn, an upgrade would have to come via trade or free agency.

How could Bergevin upgrade his blue line?

a) He gets an upgrade on Diaz, getting someone who brings more edge to his game, and can also kill penalties. But with that option, there is still a hole on PP2.

b) He lands a physical d-man to replace Emelin or Tinordi, with more puck moving skills. But that way, the group as a whole is not bigger of tougher, which is a weakness already.

c) He gets an upgrade on Gorges... boy, I hate to write this, cause I love Gorges a lot, and I think that he is the team next captain. He brings a lot of intangibles to the table. But if the Habs can replace him with a bigger, more offensive D man, that can still play a vital role on the PK, and play tough minutes (in the mold of Hamhuis, Garrison, Ericsson, Beauchemin, Bouwmeester...) it would fill the need on the PP2.

But I don't think that Gorges gets traded... So what do you guys think? What would you do to bolster that defense?

Administrator

I agree that the Habs need an upgrade on D. In fact, I think that should be Bergevin's primary target before next season. I also agree with your statement above, concerning getting some help on the PP2.

But how can Bergevin achieve this?

Next year D corps will look like this, when everyone is healthy (so around November, when Emelin will be back):

Subban-Gorges
    Emelin-Markov
    Diaz-Tinordi
    Bouillon

Subban is the clear #1. He forms a lethal pairing with Markov on PP1. Tinordi and Emelin bring some much needed physicality to this group, along with Bouillon, who is the perfect #7 guy, who could fill any spot in case of injury, or give a break to a rookie like Tinordi from time to time.

With internal options like Weber, Beaulieu and Pateryn, an upgrade would have to come via trade or free agency.

How could Bergevin upgrade his blue line?

a) He gets an upgrade on Diaz, getting someone who brings more edge to his game, and can also kill penalties. But with that option, there is still a hole on PP2.

b) He lands a physical d-man to replace Emelin or Tinordi, with more puck moving skills. But that way, the group as a whole is not bigger of tougher, which is a weakness already.

c) He gets an upgrade on Gorges... boy, I hate to write this, cause I love Gorges a lot, and I think that he is the team next captain. He brings a lot of intangibles to the table. But if the Habs can replace him with a bigger, more offensive D man, that can still play a vital role on the PK, and play tough minutes (in the mold of Hamhuis, Garrison, Ericsson, Beauchemin, Bouwmeester...) it would fill the need on the PP2.

But I don't think that Gorges gets traded... So what do you guys think? What would you do to bolster that defense?
    I don't think moving Gorges is a good option. They need a guy to tag team with him on the PK. A guy that comes to mind is Andrew MacDonald. Good enough to be the fourth puck-mover but a rock defensively. Obviously there are other options out there but this type of player is what I would like to see added.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think moving Gorges is a good option. They need a guy to tag team with him on the PK. A guy that comes to mind is Andrew MacDonald. Good enough to be the fourth puck-mover but a rock defensively. Obviously there are other options out there but this type of player is what I would like to see added.
    As I said in my post, I don't think (and wish) that gorges gets traded... But who is out to make room for a MacDonald type of guy?

Dobber Sports Stud

The Habs officially announced the signing of Magnus Nygren (2 years) and Sebastian Collberg (3 years)
    Would love to hear thoughts on Nygren. I hear he is near Nhl ready. Would he have a chance at a lineup spot this fall or a least a call up?
    Is he more of an off. D or two way player?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Would love to hear thoughts on Nygren. I hear he is near Nhl ready. Would he have a chance at a lineup spot this fall or a least a call up?
    Is he more of an off. D or two way player?
    Never had the chance to see him play, but from what I read and heard, he is raw on the defensive end of the puck. He has a booming shot, and have real good offensive instincts. As an older prospect (22), he might need a shorter adaptation period, but he is still long shot to earn a spot at camp. He could earn a call up depending on his performance in the AHL.