Page 156 of 606 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Bournival had a good finish to the AHL season with 17 points in his final 30 games. Not surprising to see him maybe get the nod ahead of others.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

From Canadiens.com:

- Mike Blunden and Michaël Bournival skated alongside the rest of the team at practice. Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Blunden will take Brandon Prust's spot in the lineup, while Bournival will take part in the warm-up prior to Game 5.

Dobber Sports Pro

It will be fun to watch this game. They will play with pure desperation in front of the Buddha. Also, with the depleted lineup from losing this battle of attrition, fan's expectations probably aren't all that high. Swallowing a first round exit is a little easier in these situations. I still feel Eller would have made a huge difference in this series. He was arguably their best player for the final 3 weeks of the regular season and his upside is really becoming obvious. Nice to see him skating again.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Default Senators 6, Canadiens 1

Series: 4-1 Sens. Season over.

What I take of this is that the Habs wasted their favorable spot in the standings. Normally they finish seventh or eighth when they do make the playoffs and are stuck against a powerhouse right out of the gate. This year they worked so hard to secure a home ice position and they blew it.

The Sens beat the Habs in two key areas: goaltending and cashing in on scoring chances. When the Habs would get a scoring chances, it was either a nice save by Craig Anderson or the team hits the post or misses the net. Not enough killer instinct on the Habs' end. The Sens were simply the better team this week.

Player of the game: PK Subban. He scored the lone goal and nobody came close in terms of impacting the game positively.

Goaltending: Petr Budaj 6/29 (.793). I normally avoid blaming goalies when there is no goal support at the other end but Budaj was awful tonight. Anderson made all of the tough saves and Budaj seemed to let the easy ones in.

Other rapid fire observations:
    -Not enough traffic on the shots. Seemed to be a lack of chemistry/synchronization at this point. The shot would come while the forwards were either on their way to the front of the net or were off to the side expecting a pass.
    -Michael Ryder had an awful end to the season. His only talent is shooting. He goes well when the gritty work and playmaking is done for him. I do not expect to see him back next year.
    -Brendan Gallagher ran out of gas. Expect to see an injury revealed here. The last two games he was not the same.
    -Hopefully the training wheels are taken off of Alex Galchenyuk next year. He deserves better than this. Poor coaching in this case IMO.

I'll have more big picture thoughts in the coming days. This was a good season overall with some positives and some negatives heading into the summer. Still lots of work to be done to fully escape the Gauthier/Gainey era.

Thanks to everyone for reading and contributing. You guys are a good bunch. And most importantly, congrats to Sens' fans who get to experience 2nd round hockey.

Dobber Sports Guru

Just wanted to thank everyone for a great season on this thread, especially Eric. Tons of good analysis, and a lot less "Habs suck" while they are losing than I've seen on most Habs forums around the Internet.

Eric has been dynamite with his analysis and responses. Great forum leader for this group. (I recommend repping him for this).

This thread has more replies than the next two teams combined. Great job all.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...ckers-saturday

Some details about some of the injuries, especially regarding Prust. It was on the same side as his shoulder but he actually separated a rib.

Banned

it will be interesting to see what the Habs do this offseason...I think it's a team with lots of young potential coming in and the future looks bright but there's some deadweight that still needs to be cleaned away before they can take the next step

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    it will be interesting to see what the Habs do this offseason...I think it's a team with lots of young potential coming in and the future looks bright but there's some deadweight that still needs to be cleaned away before they can take the next step
    I was having a discussion with two co-workers and they were both saying that they should trade Price and try to get a guy like Smith instead. I wonder if they would consider getting rid of him. The return could be nice.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    I was having a discussion with two co-workers and they were both saying that they should trade Price and try to get a guy like Smith instead. I wonder if they would consider getting rid of him. The return could be nice.
    Won't happen, and Mike "system goalie" Smith isn't a good replacement. To quote an old friend:

Quote Originally Posted by Carey Price
    Chill out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Won't happen, and Mike "system goalie" Smith isn't a good replacement. To quote an old friend:

I fully agree. Their argument was that he never performed well in the playoffs.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    I fully agree. Their argument was that he never performed well in the playoffs.
    A lot of people misunderstand a few things:
    1) The playoffs were basically a slump where the Habs were 1-4. Take any goalie during their team's five-game slump and the numbers will rarely be pretty. When you lose, especially in the first round, it usually looks ugly.
    2) If the logic is that Price needs to go because of playoff performance then it's time to have a fire sale with Subban and Galchenyuk left standing.
    3) Habs' fans generally expect Price to be the superior goalie of the NHL by a mile. He has no chance of getting to that level without the team around him getting better. He has been on some pretty shitty teams over the years. He needs to be better, but calling for a change is silly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

2012-13 is in the books fot the Habs. Curious to see what Bergevin will have to say when he'll meet the press at noon.

Right now, the 2013-14 Montreal Canadiens look like this. Kaberle will likely be bought out, and all UFAs do not appear on this line-up.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
    Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
    Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust
    White-Dumont-Moen

Markov-Emelin
    Gorges-Subban
    Tinordi-Bouillon
    Diaz

Price
    Budaj

Bergevin has around 5.6 millions to play with...

What moves would you like to see?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post

What moves would you like to see?
    Trade for Ott if he's available (Note: I have no idea what the Sabres plan to do this summer, so I have no idea if he is available).

I would love to see a line of Ott-White-Prust at some point. The agitation on that line would be through the roof, especially playoff time.

Ott is pretty much what the Habs need on the fourth line. A grinder/agitator that can win some faceoffs, score the odd goal, muck it up, goes to the net, etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Trade for Ott if he's available (Note: I have no idea what the Sabres plan to do this summer, so I have no idea if he is available).

I would love to see a line of Ott-White-Prust at some point. The agitation on that line would be through the roof, especially playoff time.

Ott is pretty much what the Habs need on the fourth line. A grinder/agitator that can win some faceoffs, score the odd goal, muck it up, goes to the net, etc.
    Ott is definitely someone that is needed on the Habs lineup, but this kind of players is rarely traded inside the division...

Dobber Sports Padawan

It is a waek UFA class this year...

We will hear the annual "Jagr-to-the-Habs-to-play-with-Plekanec" rumor.
    Clarkson and Clowe, players with size and skill like the Habs need, will get ridiculous contracts.
    Brunner will probably resign with Detroit.

My favorite UFA right now is Viktor Stalberg. Amazing speed for a guy his size. Not overly physical, but would fit in nicely in the Habs top 9, and he would not command an excessive salary.

I wonder which pieces would Bergevin would be ready to move if he goes the trade route?