Page 155 of 606 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 165 205 255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Why would Therrien not call a timeout after the icing call? I don't ****ing get it.
    He used his timeout earlier on another icing. I believe in the second period.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He used his timeout earlier on another icing. I believe in the second period.
    Ah yes, that's when I was stuck on BBQ duty. What a shitty resullt.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Ah yes, that's when I was stuck on BBQ duty. What a shitty resullt.
    The game or the BBQ?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I gave up on the NHL being fair long ago.
    funny as a Sens fan, we have the biggest paranoia that the NHL is out to get us, and would squish us to get a bigger market advancing in the playoffs.

small market CDN team, not a huge fanbase like Leafs or Habs, and not a US team.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    What an unbelievable end to this game.

Zibanejad goal, on what planet is that not a distinct kicking motion? Ridiculous.

Two icing calls where the Dman was gliding like he was skating with his 2-year old kid out there, those icings would get waived off 10 times out of 10 in my beer league.

Turris interference in the crease on the game-tying goal.

Habs got totally reamed.

And with Price, Prust, Pacioretty now looking like they could be out, things are looking mighty dicey.

Got to hand it to the Sens though, plucky team, and well-coached, Maclean deserves the Jack Adams with the job he's done this year.
    I thought for sure Zibanejad's goal would get waved off, from the one angle he clearly "kicked"/directed (without the foot being planted) the puck in. From another angle, it didn't look like a "distinct kicking motion". That said, I thought it should have been disallowed.

Those two icings were borderline, but like a fight (UFC or boxing), if you want something left to chance, leave it to the judges. You never know what you're going to get.

I will disagree with you on goaltender interference as Turris was pushed into the crease by a Habs player and made his way out of the blue paint by the time the goal was scored, although it was a bang bang play. I can see your point though, but I hate it when a defender knocks an opposing player INTO his own goalie and then they expect it to be goalie interference.

It just seems that everything is conspiring against the Habs in this series. Prust is clearly hurt, I'm pretty sure that Pacioretty is playing hurt and with Price looking like he's pulled something serious, we'll see how much fight Montreal has left in them. I would bet that they win Game 5 at home on pride alone.

Administrator

Normally I'm pretty level-headed about wins vs losses but this one really sucked.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gionta will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a lacerated bicep... his season is over.

Eller skated this morning... he is not close to returning to action, but it is a good sign.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Gionta will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a lacerated bicep... his season is over.

Eller skated this morning... he is not close to returning to action, but it is a good sign.
    In Gionta's case, it explains some of his shooting when he was playing hurt.

In Eller's case I think he is closer than most think. Habs would have to escape the round for sure but that's unlikely.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Prust and White are out for Game 5

Price is list as doubtful

Dobber Sports Guru

Prust and White are out for Game 5

Price is list as doubtful
    Do we have enough guys to ice a lineup? Are there extra players hanging around since the Bulldogs didn't make the playoffs?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Do we have enough guys to ice a lineup? Are there extra players hanging around since the Bulldogs didn't make the playoffs?
    Leblanc, Blunden and Bournival for sure... probably other forwards. Beaulieu is still with the Black Aces despite his problems with the law.

Administrator

There are plenty of bodies around. The problem is that these players were in Hamilton and the Bulldogs were not very good.

Administrator

Habs sign goaltender Mike Condon. It's nice to see the team at least trying to improve its goalie depth. After Price took over the team had completely neglected its pipeline.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Carey Price will miss the rest of the series against the Sens with a lower body injury

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bournival is practicing with the regulars this morning, might take Prust's spot (either him or Blunden)