Page 150 of 606 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 160 200 250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    yep just like the habs only win against the leafs this year (1-3)the leafs played one of their worse games of the season.

good point
    Clinging to a 3-1 record in the regular season is bogus.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Im really hoping they play. Lots of good fun trash talk!

I'll take Toronto's top 6 over montreals.
    I'll give you the defence.
    Goalies? Well up in the air. If its true, like you say, the season is bogus(Oops did Reimer have a better season?) and Price's playoff record is abysmal...i dunno. Thou Id probably have more confidence in him then James "1st timer" Reimer.
    Experiance makes the difference I guess.

All in good fun Eric.

Quick question. Looking at your roster who really is Les habs Shutdown line? Who will shadow or try to shut down Kessel?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quick question. Looking at your roster who really is Les habs Shutdown line? Who will shadow or try to shut down Kessel?
    Pleks would be the best bet.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

7pts in 3games wins for kessel vs montreal.

Administrator

yep just like the habs only win against the leafs this year (1-3)the leafs played one of their worse games of the season.

good point
    Like I said...

Dobber Sports Padawan

It will either be Toronto or Ottawa... I will cheer for Boston tomorrow!

Administrator

Default Canadiens 4, Maple Leafs 1

It's nice to get two wins before the playoffs begin. I like that the team won the game from a hockey perspective and stood up very well physically.

Player of the game: Lars Eller. One goal, two assists, plus-3, six hits, 8/13 face-offs. Simply put, he was a beast out there. Love what he brought to the ice. Great season for Eller overall.

Goaltending: Petr Budaj 16/17 (.941). Excellent game with some key saves early and late. He was not very busy but did what needed to be done to keep the game out of reach.

Huge props to Ryan White for returning from the doghouse to play a good, intelligent game. He is a good fourth-line player when his head is on right and has hockey skill beyond physical play.

Brendan Gallagher was outstanding. Love the way he is always around the net and forechecks. Never backs down from anyone, even Mark Fraser. Glad Fraser was a good sport about that exchange. Seems like everyone laughed it off. Good stuff.

Also huge props to Brandon Prust for playing hard from start to finish. In particular blocking a shot with the lead while the Leafs were on the power play.

Jerred Tinordi looks good out there. The physical nature of the game suits him well. Plays a lot like his dad.

Nice bounce-back game for Andrei Markov who has had a tough stretch of late.

Just a note, Michael Ryder was demoted to the fourth line after a penalty in the second but was back on the Plekanec line at the end of the game. Something to watch.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    It will either be Toronto or Ottawa... I will cheer for Boston tomorrow!
    No way, I'm cheering Sens, this way we get 2nd overall and home ice for the first 2 rounds for sure (assuming we beat the Sens in the first round).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Ryder played on the 4th line for 1.5 shifts.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Habs-Sens!!

Not the team I would have pick for the first round, but at least they won't face the Pens until the Conference Final.

Banned

Pumped for this all-Canadian matchup. Let's go!

Administrator

As much as Habs/Leafs would have been a huge event I find it amusing when weeks of hype from TSN and CBC turns into nothing. Sort of like the Trade Centre hype of "Let's all get together on deadline day and... watch a plant grow".

Habs win first division title since Carey Price's rookie year.

Dobber Sports Pro

The Habs playoff will start on Thursday with the first game against the Sens.

The series has a pair of back-to-back: Games 1 and 2, Games 6 and 7 (if necessary).

In all, 7 games in 11 days. Seems a little excessive considering it's the playoffs but I guess it's the lingering effects of the lockout.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post

The series has a pair of back-to-back: Games 1 and 2, Games 6 and 7 (if necessary).

In all, 7 games in 11 days. Seems a little excessive considering it's the playoffs but I guess it's the lingering effects of the lockout.
    It is also because the NHL allowed the Sens to begin their playoffs on Wednesday, since they were playing on Sunday. But on Wednesday, Rihanna is at the Bell Centre. So instead of strating on Tuesday, and then be a 7 games in 13 days serie, it gives the situation they are in right now.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post

It's actually because of the Boston-Ottawa game. Apparently, both Boston and Ottawa were told they wouldn't play Tuesday because of having to play the game on Sunday.

Since the Leafs are on Wednesday, they put the Habs on Thursday (I think there's also a concert in Montreal on Wednesday, but I don't know for sure). So since the Sens couldn't play Tuesday, and Montreal can't play Wednesday, it leaves Thursday open for the first date.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid