Page 146 of 606 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It was a combination of bad goaltending and the luck factor. Even though the Leafs earned their goals, four goals on five shots doesn't happen often. They still had some glaring issues in their game such as getting the puck out of their own end, being awful covering for pinching defensemen and not getting enough high quality scoring chances when they did get sustained time in the Toronto end. Reimer was certainly a factor in not allowing a comeback.
    Price allowed his two worst goals of the season, then, with the score 3-1, Markov hits rhe post. Moments later, th Leafs score and the game is 4-1, and pretty much over. Even if the Habs dominated puck possession in the first. So yeah, combination of poor goaltending and luck is the best way to summarize it. Don't want to take anything away from Toronto, they played a good game.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Price allowed his two worst goals of the season, then, with the score 3-1, Markov hits rhe post. Moments later, th Leafs score and the game is 4-1, and pretty much over. Even if the Habs dominated puck possession in the first. So yeah, combination of poor goaltending and luck is the best way to summarize it. Don't want to take anything away from Toronto, they played a good game.
    Yeah the luck factor applies from the Habs' perspective. When you allow 5 shots in a period you generally expect to be down 1-0 or 2-1 if you're down at all. The 4 goals on 5 shots happens like once a year at most. Unless you're Tampa Bay.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

... The 4 goals on 5 shots happens like once a year at most. Unless you're Tampa Bay.
    They (Alain Crete) said in the first intermission that the last time a team let in 4 goals on 5 shots, that was the Quebec Nordiques!!!...
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ummm .. what's going on tonight?? Price is KILLING me!! I barely won last week due to tie-break thanks to him .. now it looks like he's gonna lose me the Finals!

Anyone watching? Is Price really that bad now? I dont know if I should even start him the rest of the week... Hopefully Rask can play twice this week..
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eyenerd View Post
    Ummm .. what's going on tonight?? Price is KILLING me!! I barely won last week due to tie-break thanks to him .. now it looks like he's gonna lose me the Finals!

Anyone watching? Is Price really that bad now? I dont know if I should even start him the rest of the week... Hopefully Rask can play twice this week..
    Not great but not bad. The two goals were tough to stop but given the situation it really piles up. He fought through and made several great saves afterwards to keep the Flyers at two goals.

Administrator

Couple news items on the fly:
    -Brandon Prust will be sitting out certain games before playoffs. This is to rest his shoulder.
    -Ryan White will probably be gone for a few games after the head shot so expect to see Blunden up to cover for Prust.

Not great but not bad. The two goals were tough to stop but given the situation it really piles up. He fought through and made several great saves afterwards to keep the Flyers at two goals.
    Ummmm..... and what about NOW?

Holy crap, I'm so screwed ... Should I just give up on the goalie cats now? (he has Emery,Crawford, Pavelec). Or at the very least drop Price b/c he wont pick him up anyway, and get either A) another forward to try and win offensive Cats or B) pick up Khudobin to supplement Rask to try and save this? Is it even worth it? I only have 2 moves left this week :/
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Administrator

Default Flyers 7, Canadiens 3

Theme of the game: sloppy. Not the right time to be doing this. After a bad outing for Carey Price against Toronto, the least the team could do is not completely melt down in the defensive end. This is concerning at this point in the season.

Player of the game: Brendan Gallagher. He had a goal and was one of the rare players who played like he cared.

Goaltending: Carey Price 23/29 (.793), Petr Budaj 3/4 (.750). Tough one to judge. Price was not great by any means but it's tough to put those goals on him. Definitely a bad way to bounce back for a goalie who worked hard to overcome his fighting of the puck late in the first.

Ryan White doesn't get it. The team needs physicality and toughness. He possesses exactly that, plus he's a decent hockey player too. In past years he was pretty effective in Montreal. This year he either does nothing at all or he puts the team in trouble. He will probably be gone for several games after his head shot.

Andrei Markov is wearing down. On the power play he is fine but he is slow in transition and is struggling defensively.

PK Subban had a couple tough moments defensively (like so many others) but he was the most effective offensive player in the game.

There is a lot of talk about the team lacking size and toughness. It certainly does not help when Rene Bourque and Travis Moen are basically bystanders while the smaller guys are playing hard and taking abuse.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't see Price taking this team far in the playoffs
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Two games ago he was arguably one of the best goalies in the NHL..
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Administrator

I don't see where this conclusion gets drawn. He had a couple bad outings. In the big picture it's pretty insignificant.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Two games ago he was arguably one of the best goalies in the NHL..
    Oh, I think he definitely is one of the best goalies- in the regular season.

Will they keep rolling Price the next few games or play Budaj?

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't see where this conclusion gets drawn. He had a couple bad outings. In the big picture it's pretty insignificant.
    I wasn't referring to his recent slump, of course it's insignificant....let's move away from that.

If you want a reason for how the conclusion gets drawn, I'll give a detailed one: it's from Montreal's style of play and how they depend on the goalie to make saves on quality chances moreso than other contending teams. Statistically their D only lets through 27 shots per game (for comparison, let's take a team like boston which many consider to be more sound defensively - but boston lets through an average of 28.5 shots per game). That being said, Price's SV% (.908) that is ranked at a pedestrian 29th in the league, whereas Rask has SV% that ranks at 3rd in the league. Montreal has beaten Boston both games this season (by one goal, and once in a shootout won by Budaj after Price was pulled)- though I'd hardly call that a portent of playoff potential.

Based on what I've seen, the way a team like boston plays is grittier and more intimidating defensively than the habs - my impression is that more of their opponent's shots come from a further distance and tend to be easier saves for Rask/Khudobin, whereas montreal's opponents get closer in and have a few more quality scoring chances per game.

So... Montreal plays well in the regular season, and Price wins games thanks in part to his skill and thanks in part to Montreal's O. I just haven't seen much game-wise and statistic wise that would convince me that a goalie who ranks 29th in the league in SV% and 22nd in the league in GAA can carry a team not as known for its defensive grit (as compared to ..let's say boston) far in the post season.

How's that?

I wasn't referring to his recent slump, of course it's insignificant....let's move away from that.

If you want a reason for how the conclusion gets drawn, I'll give a detailed one: it's from Montreal's style of play and how they depend on the goalie to make saves on quality chances moreso than other contending teams. Statistically their D only lets through 27 shots per game (for comparison, let's take a team like boston which many consider to be more sound defensively - but boston lets through an average of 28.5 shots per game). That being said, Price's SV% (.908) that is ranked at a pedestrian 29th in the league, whereas Rask has SV% that ranks at 3rd in the league. Montreal has beaten Boston both games this season (by one goal, and once in a shootout won by Budaj after Price was pulled)- though I'd hardly call that a portent of playoff potential.

Based on what I've seen, the way a team like boston plays is grittier and more intimidating defensively than the habs - my impression is that more of their opponent's shots come from a further distance and tend to be easier saves for Rask/Khudobin, whereas montreal's opponents get closer in and have a few more quality scoring chances per game.

So... Montreal plays well in the regular season, and Price wins games thanks in part to his skill and thanks in part to Montreal's O. I just haven't seen much game-wise and statistic wise that would convince me that a goalie who ranks 29th in the league in SV% and 22nd in the league in GAA can carry a team not as known for its defensive grit (as compared to ..let's say boston) far in the post season.

How's that?
    Sounds convincing to me