Page 145 of 606 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Just wanted to check in and mention how sweet it is to see Patrick Kaleta, who is barely a hockey player, run around like a dumbass while the Habs skate circles around him and Gallagher scores.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Just wanted to check in and mention how sweet it is to see Patrick Kaleta, who is barely a hockey player, run around like a dumbass while the Habs skate circles around him and Gallagher scores.
    I missed some of the first. Did Kaleta actually fight Prust? Or was it a hugging match or something?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I missed some of the first. Did Kaleta actually fight Prust? Or was it a hugging match or something?
    Prust landed a couple, then Kaleta grabbed him and fell backwards. Not much to it overall.

Dobber Sports Pro

And Bouillon lays down Ott while the Habs score two more in the period.

Total domination after two periods.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I was a firm believer that the Habs would be in the fight for the last playoff spot at the beginning of the year but never NEVER I would've expected this.

Playoff spot guaranteed with 2 weeks left in the season? Crazy turnaround!

As for tonight's game, it has to be the best display of domination the Habs have shown this year. 5-1 the final, 42-15 the shots on goal and the Habs got under the Sabres skin after every single whistle.

Go Habs!!!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I was a firm believer that the Habs would be in the fight for the last playoff spot at the beginning of the year but never NEVER I would've expected this.

Playoff spot guaranteed with 2 weeks left in the season? Crazy turnaround!

As for tonight's game, it has to be the best display of domination the Habs have shown this year. 5-1 the final, 42-15 the shots on goal and the Habs got under the Sabres skin after every single whistle.

Go Habs!!!!
    I also thought that they were going to fight for a playoffs spot, and was fully prepared to see the team trade away some of the aging vets to get some young players and draft picks, and to see them grab a premium prospect at the upcoming draft.

Well... I'm not going to complain at all, especially because the future looks bright.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Plus Bruins lose!

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Default Canadiens 5, Sabres 1

The game speaks for itself. The Habs won big and completely outplayed the Sabres. Let's talk big picture. The team clinched a playoff spot tonight with eight games to go and are fighting for both the division and conference title. I remember my prediction being that the team would not make the playoffs and a few of the regulars in here thought otherwise. I guarantee that nobody saw this coming.

It all starts at the top. Marc Bergevin runs the team with confidence. He added Prust and Bouillon, then traded Cole for Ryder. The trade was ballsy to say the least but obviously he saw something troubling with Cole since he has been worse in Dallas. The coach makes changes and they always work. It helps having depth, but a year ago there was not the same depth available.

Most importantly I am seeing a core emerge. Price is an elite goalie, Subban has become one of the best defensemen in the world, and guys like Galchenyuk, Pacioretty and Gallagher are types to build around up front. Not saying a dynasty is imminent, but there are good things happening here.

So regardless of what happens this year has been a huge step forward for the franchise and a joy to watch and cover as a fan. Go Habs go!

Administrator

I remember writing when Bergevin was hired that the #1 thing he needs to do is stop collecting every other team's garbage the way Gauthier and Gainey did. The Cole/Ryder trade to me is a perfect example of the Habs being on the good side of the garbage exchange. Cole might be great in Dallas in the back-half of his contract but it's now a Dallas problem to figure out. A year ago Gauthier played the Dallas role and made the Spacek/Kaberle swap.

Dobber Sports Stud

Watching Bouillon last night and pretty much every night, it just really underscores how, as much as I loved Gainey the player, Gainey the GM could really be a clueless dumbass sometimes.

Administrator

Not much to cover on last night's game. lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Habs didn't play all that badly I though - once you are down two or three you have to abandon your system, and for MTL the system is everything.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

The Great One

4 goals in the first period (on 5 shots) kinda kills the mood.

Administrator

It was a combination of bad goaltending and the luck factor. Even though the Leafs earned their goals, four goals on five shots doesn't happen often. They still had some glaring issues in their game such as getting the puck out of their own end, being awful covering for pinching defensemen and not getting enough high quality scoring chances when they did get sustained time in the Toronto end. Reimer was certainly a factor in not allowing a comeback.