Page 142 of 607 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

It's not time to throw it all away for one cup run. The Bruins and Penguins are at different stages of their development. Each has won a cup already and has been at the top of the standings for a few years. The Habs are just starting and their situation is definitely more fragile despite their record. However I do like the idea of acquiring a player especially if there is a chance of re-signing him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Habs acquire Drewiske from the Kings for a 5th round pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419706

Depth move. Does anyone think there's more to come?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Habs acquire Drewiske from the Kings for a 5th round pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419706

Depth move. Does anyone think there's more to come?
    Maybe but not necessarily. It could mean that Yannick Weber is being shipped out. It could also mean that they are setting up to trade for a vet puck mover to play on PP2. But the fact that Subban/Markov play just about the full 2 minutes and Diaz's eventual return could put an end to that. Drewiske is a good team guy who can do press box duty and come in cold and play well.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Maybe but not necessarily. It could mean that Yannick Weber is being shipped out. It could also mean that they are setting up to trade for a vet puck mover to play on PP2. But the fact that Subban/Markov play just about the full 2 minutes and Diaz's eventual return could put an end to that. Drewiske is a good team guy who can do press box duty and come in cold and play well.
    Yes, that's my opinion as well.

I think the Habs should remain with this lineup and compete the best they can this year. Future is looking great so I hope we keep improving slowly and become contenders for a few years. No need to trade assets right now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Diaz is on the ice this morning.

His status is key for the Habs concerning the potential trades they could make today. With him back and Drewiske as the #7, the Habs would probably be set on D. If he can't be back at any point this year, the Habs could be on the market for a puck-moving Dman...

I personnaly hope that Bergevin sits on his hands today, or at least that he doesn't trade away anything that is better than a 3rd round pick. Let this group experience the playoffs together, and add as much assets as you can at the next draft.

Administrator

Bourque and Diaz could put an end to any trade talks. I found it interesting that Bourque practices and then the Habs are out of the Clowe rumors.

Dobber Sports Guru

Has anyone heard if Steve Ott is available? I'd like to see him in a Habs uniform. Can hit, grind, annoy, score, win some faceoffs. Plus, he's signed for another year, so he's not a pure rental.

Although I don't know where there would be space for him, but he would be good for playoff battles.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Has anyone heard if Steve Ott is available? I'd like to see him in a Habs uniform. Can hit, grind, annoy, score, win some faceoffs. Plus, he's signed for another year, so he's not a pure rental.

Although I don't know where there would be space for him, but he would be good for playoff battles.
    Not sure about the impact of Ott on the chemistry... Marc Denis, who is between the benches at the Bell Centre, says that every game between the Habs and the Sabres, that Ott is giving it to pretty much all the Habs players... Remember when he tried to get Gallagher to fight earlier this year. I know these guys are professionals, and that it is part of the business, but still.

Administrator

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
    Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
    Galchenyuk-Eller-Ryder
    Prust

Just wanted to put this here to show what happens if the Habs pick up any more forwards. They would basically be adding to the fourth line. So if Bourque really is close to returning it could be a case of diminishing returns.

Dobber Sports Guru

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
    Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
    Galchenyuk-Eller-Ryder
    Prust

Just wanted to put this here to show what happens if the Habs pick up any more forwards. They would basically be adding to the fourth line. So if Bourque really is close to returning it could be a case of diminishing returns.
    I wouldn't mind him on the fourth line though. Prust-Ott-White could do a lot of damage in the playoffs, especially in a grinding game. And he could easily move up to the third line in case of injury.

Although looking at the lines, I think I would move Bourque down to the third line. Ryder has been too good to be bumped down, I think.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

I wouldn't mind him on the fourth line though. Prust-Ott-White could do a lot of damage in the playoffs, especially in a grinding game. And he could easily move up to the third line in case of injury.

Although looking at the lines, I think I would move Bourque down to the third line. Ryder has been too good to be bumped down, I think.
    Yeah Bourque/Ryder are interchangeable. Just did that to show the depth. I personally hate Moen so if something gets done that swaps him out for someone that puts in some effort then I'm up for that.

Dobber Sports Guru

Yeah Bourque/Ryder are interchangeable. Just did that to show the depth. I personally hate Moen so if something gets done that swaps him out for someone that puts in some effort then I'm up for that.
    I hate Moen too, but we're stuck with him for a while. Isn't he signed for another three years?

Maybe Moen for Ott? ;-)

Administrator

I hate Moen too, but we're stuck with him for a while. Isn't he signed for another three years?

Maybe Moen for Ott? ;-)
    I'm thinking something along the lines of Moen to someone that wants him for a 4th and then follow up with whatever trade to replace him. Or they can just keep Dumont on the 4th line.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kristo has signed a two year dael. Going to Hamilton.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 3, Flyers 5

Theme of the game: too much time in the defensive zone. The team was not in sync at all tonight. They had a lot of trouble getting the puck out of the defensive zone and were outshot 33-17. Despite the poor play they were up 3-2 late in the third before giving up the final three goals.

Player of the game: Jeff Halpern. His statistics (1 assist, 10/19 faceoffs) did not stand out but nobody played their heart out more to try to keep the lead.

Goaltending: Carey Price 29/33 (.879). When four goals go in on Price and three of them deflected off of skates, I can't pin the loss on him. He kept the team in the game as long as he could.

On the injury front, Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty suffered lower-body injuries. I would imagine that both will be out tomorrow.

Hopefully this is just a bump in the road and the injured players can get back on the ice quickly. An extra puck-moving defenseman would have been a great addition in this game.