Page 140 of 607 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 150 190 240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Sounds like I should be the team doctor!
    Ask Mark Recchi to be your assistant...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Ask Mark Recchi to be your assistant...
    I would but Dr. Recchi doesn't stand by what he states. He will wait a few hours and then backtrack. You can never trust a guy like that.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Default Canadiens 5, Islanders 2

Theme of the game: too sloppy. It was an overall good game with a happy ending but there are too many moments where the team is not playing as hard as it should or has major breakdowns.

Player of the game: Carey Price 25/27 (.926). He was the difference maker and came up with several huge saves late in the second when the game could have been lost. Last game I mentioned that he was playing well but not adding an extra save on a high quality chance to make the difference. Tonight he made a few extra saves to give the team a chance to win.

PK Subban was also very good with two goals. He more than made up for the fuss caused by his overtime penalty last game.

Others in the two point club: David Desharnais, Tomas Plekanec, Max Pacioretty.

I'll have more tomorrow if anything comes to mind.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quick hits from Therrien presser:

- White is injured and won't face the Sabres. Blunden has been called up.
    - Price will start tomorrow.
    - Bourque probably won't play against the Sabres. Neither him or Prust were on the ice for the optional skate this morning.

Administrator

Pretty convenient timing on the White injury after Dumont has been auditioned in his fourth line C spot.

Dobber Sports Guru

Jeff halpern claimed off waivers. Who does he replace regularly in the lineup? White?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Maybe one of the forwards is out longer than expected.

Administrator

Default Sabres 2, Canadiens 1

Just FYI, I had company over so I did not see the game in great detail. I know the Habs were the better team for most of the night and were beat by a hot goalie. It's definitely good to see them play well overall. Losses happen.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 0, Penguins 1

Theme of the game: Good, but not good enough. I appreciate the effort. The Habs were right there with the hottest team in the league. There was one thing missing: you need goals to win. The chances were there. What was missing is the fine detail of converting one or more of those chances into something that counts. This is where I look for the leaders to step up, and like I've said before, go above and beyond to make a difference in the game.

Player of the game: Carey Price 24/25 (.960). No complaints here. He was especially great in the third when the Penguins had numerous chances to extend their lead.

Two things I found were lacking in this game: the forecheck was not strong enough and the zone break-out lacked precision. As nice as it was to get those chances, I think that with these two things fixed they would have produced so many more.

Jeff Halpern played his first game back with the Canadiens. He was good on the draw (11/18 - 61%).

Michael Ryder had the best chances to score, hitting two posts. His line was guilty of a lazy line chance that led to the game's only goal.

Dobber Sports Stud

Price starts @ BOS tonight?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    no word yet... will let you know as soon as it will be announced.

Administrator

GoaliePost has Price listed as probable.

Carey Price
    Likely @ 11:44am EDT
    11:45am 'Peter Budaj s'entraîne avec Yannick Weber et Tomas Kaberle ce matin au TD Garden. Carey Price devrait donc obtenir le départ.' (J-F Chaumont)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yep...confirmed by Renaud Lavoie on twitter

Dobber Sports Pro

I seriously think I'm falling in love with Gallagher. Such energy, determination and hard work within this player.

Huge HUGE comeback win against the B's in Boston. Habs had every reason to let the game go once they fell behind by two goals but came back twice for the win. All in all, very good back-to-back efforts against the Pens and Bruins.

There's a lot of things that can be improved but the fact that they find ways to win those kind of games is astounding.

Let's win this division!!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I seriously think I'm falling in love with Gallagher. Such energy, determination and hard work within this player.

Huge HUGE comeback win against the B's in Boston. Habs had every reason to let the game go once they fell behind by two goals but came back twice for the win. All in all, very good back-to-back efforts against the Pens and Bruins.

There's a lot of things that can be improved but the fact that they find ways to win those kind of games is astounding.
    It was a fun game to watch tonight. The Habs never gave up. Lots of love for Gallagher, even amongst us non-Habs fans! Just love players like that.

I was cheering for Rask to get the W for my fantasy league, but yeah, it was entertaining to say the least! Just the type of game Montreal needs against the Bruins. We've gotta see a playoff series with these two teams. Could be epic!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket